IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

2 hours ago, colunga said:

is that melania's signature at the bottom?

yes

looks like donnie had difficulty with the "M" in "Minister". maybe it started as "ninister" before he realized he messed up.

also:

Richard Nixon’s signature experienced dramatic changes during his presidency. His signature slowly started to deteriorate as he became embroiled in the Watergate scandal until it finally became just a great big X

my mom is visiting this week. brief summary of daily event:

mom: gets notification on phone. says "omg" almost under her breath. reads headline about trump aloud. says "what a freakin idiot". puts down phone. 

there's some scary and funny shit in this at the start of interview and a bit into it w/the guy who wrote the book about trump being a sociopath.  watching trump behind the person at the podium  while he's supposed to be listening is fucking hilarious..  

https://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/watch/psychiatrist-on-trump-s-dangerous-response-to-coronavirus-crisis-79587909614

donnie, having done absolutely no research and just "going with his gut," thought the flu shot should be able to kill coronavirus:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-coronavirus-flu-vaccine-us-pandemic-meeting-leonard-schleifer-a9371286.html

Donald Trump asked medical experts if coronavirus could be treated with a flu vaccine that already exists at a meeting with pharmaceutical executives on Monday.

However, the president appeared to not understand basic information about how a vaccine is tested or produced and had to be repeatedly corrected by public health officials.

When Leonard Schleifer, the CEO of biotechnology company Regeneron, noted that millions of people are vaccinated for the flu, Mr Trump interrupted and asked if the same vaccine could be used for coronavirus.

“You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that would have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?” he said.

“No… probably none,” Mr Schleifer replied.

donnie also assumed incorrectly not that many people actually die from the flu, and that "nobody really knows" the true number. I mean it could be 70 or 80 or it could be 100,000. nobody really knows.

Later on Monday at a rally in North Carolina, Mr Trump also expressed his surprise at the fact that thousands of people die from flu every year in the US.

“Three or four weeks ago, I was sitting there and I said ‘what do we lose with the regular flu?’, they [health officials] said ‘about 27,000 minimum', it goes up to 70, sometimes even 80, one year it went up to 100,000 people,” Mr Trump told his supporters, as he recounted one of his meetings with health experts.

“I said ‘nobody told me that, nobody knows that.’

“So I actually told the pharmaceutical companies that they have to do a better job on that vaccine."

• Facepalm 2

^ yeah I'd vote for an inanimate object over donald. at least a broomstick is useful for something. maybe the dems implode and we make 2020 trump vs. a non-partisan reclining chair.

Edited by zero
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

Like something straight out of a Scorcese movie.

1 hour ago, Gocab said:

Like something straight out of a Scorcese movie.

I wonder who's going to play Roger when the Trump movie comes out...maybe Nicholas Cage in full freakout mode?

I highly doubt she is trolling, personally. 
She strikes me as one of the most tone-deaf people in history. After all, she married one of most disgusting men in the world, didn’t she? 

• Like 1

was just talking about that with family yesterday, dunno what the attacks about the tennis court construction are about. sure, it’s unnecessary, but much of what goes on at the White House is under every president for many many decades. seems baseless and silly to make an issue out of it.