Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

ETMILdkXgAA3Z3p?format=jpg&name=900x900

moderator: joe biden- how would you make illegal immigrants feel safe to get coronavirus treatment?

joe biden: any woman who's being beaten by her husband, or crossed the boarder illegally is free to report any crime and won't be deported.

moderator: ...........

11 minutes ago, ignatius said:

^^^ really?  i'm not watching  it.

yes. also:

sanders: why not get rid of your super pacs

biden: lol

sanders: it's not a laughing matter joe

biden: you've got super pacs too. you want me to list all 9 of them?

sanders: sure go ahead

biden: ahhhh c'mon.....

later:

sanders: joe, didn't you sign a bankruptcy plan that was fucked up?

biden: NO i didn't

sanders: okay. everyone go on the youtube website

biden: ahhhh c'mon....

later:

biden: anyone who has abused a woman is not allowed to own a gun

also:

sanders: joe, didn't you vote for [insert fucked up bill here]

biden: yes, but so did all of congress except you so...

btw: noticed i posted this in the wrong thread. should have been in the democratic debate thread. sorry*

Edited by Nebraska

Link to interesting piece in wapo. And before people are thinking "fake news!", this one will stand the test of time. I won't convince you of that though, so who cares. 

One point of criticism though, is that it assumes people reading this knowing how a "normal" crisis would be run. Or what that process would and should look like. And because many people have no clue, or think it's fake news anyways ( cut the president some slack!), it's just another nothingburger. Or so they would think, I assume. 

But then imagine being a senator and reading this - and having this required knowledge and depend on this guy doing a good job ... Not saying Senators read this and think he should be out of office. At least, not more senators than the recent impeachment vote. That shit doesn't change. But that doesn't mean they think it's all running smoothly either. They know damn well it's a shitshow. They just ...euh... tend to have a bit more respect for "we the people" and what they want "they support Trump". And it's their party, so... no change yet. ( only expect change in two months when the whole country is on lockdown mode and the epidemic is still out of control)

edit: this infighting and mismanagement is the most important reason why i think the military will be playing a bigger role in 2 months time. It's the only part of government with a strong internal management structure, the budget and the power to do something useful in a crisis like this...I'm afraid

Edited by goDel
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, goDel said:

edit: this infighting and mismanagement is the most important reason why i think the military will be playing a bigger role in 2 months time. It's the only part of government with a strong internal management structure, the budget and the power to do something useful in a crisis like this...I'm afraid

I'm actually hoping the military steps in sooner if this continues to escalate. letting a completely unqualified lying salesman and his yes man pence steer the ship at a time like this just adds to the insanity.

27 minutes ago, auxien said:

^guns and ammo sales have shot up, don’t know if bringing in the military is the best idea if not necessary.

guns & ammo are to ward off the corona zombies from coming into your house and stealing your toilet paper. I wouldn't think those dudes would be attacking the military? I agree military takeovers are not something to look forward to, but when the other option is to let an orange man and his sock puppet turn this into another finger pointing shouting match, well...

40 minutes ago, zero said:

guns & ammo are to ward off the corona zombies from coming into your house and stealing your toilet paper. I wouldn't think those dudes would be attacking the military? I agree military takeovers are not something to look forward to, but when the other option is to let an orange man and his sock puppet turn this into another finger pointing shouting match, well...

they're obviously fear/panic-buying...these limpdicks just sit around praying for anything that might resemble GUBMENT CONTROL so i can assure you there are thousands upon thousands right now furiously typing about 'hey do we need to go to Seattle?' and even tho there's about 0.01% of them that would ever think about actually attacking the military, that 0.01% is stupid enough to at least throw themselves into it just to see what happens. anything resembling any government control is absolutely right out for some portion of these folks. and all you've gotta do is look to the last 10 or so years of incidences of groups of armed white guys (and maybe a few women) / 'militias' actually standing up against what they perceived as 'government control' to see how serious those few people can be. 

i mean, part of me wants to see their dumb asses in hospitals or in jail because they decided to point a weapon at the literal US Army, but if you look at those^ instances i mentioned, you'll see that the feds/etc are really giving them far far too much leeway and imo that might be bolstering their cause. i'm not for them getting more of what they'll deem as 'good' publicity for themselves.

of course they ignored it all. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-appointees-trained-pandemic-response-in-2016-2020-3?utm_source=reddit.com

In 2017, Obama officials briefed Trump's team on dealing with a pandemic like the coronavirus. One Cabinet member reportedly fell asleep, and others didn't want to be there.

this is something I can totally see happening...corona virus gets under control over the next few months, just in time for november. donnie spins it so that he's the hero, mindless toilet paper zombies buy his BS, and voila, he gets re-elected.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/18/coronavirus-campaign-primary-135107

Trump has time on his side, with the coronavirus spreading early in the election cycle. This week, the Republican president adopted a more somber tone, and some Democrats are beginning to worry that he could mold the narrative to his benefit. A massive stimulus, including direct payments to Americans, could help him in November.

“The initial mishandling of the coronavirus by the government doesn’t mean voters will penalize Trump in November,” said Michael Ceraso, who worked for Sanders in 2016 and was Pete Buttigieg’s New Hampshire director before leaving his campaign last year. “We know we have two candidates who can pivot this generation’s largest health crisis to their policy strengths. But history tells us that an incumbent who steers us through a challenging time, a la Bush and 9/11 and Obama and the Great Recession, are rewarded with a second term.”

his press conference today was beyond embarrassing. his lack of leadership skills were on full display. he has no idea how to respond to anything. classic shithead donnie below:

The exchange, which occurred at the White House's daily coronavirus task force briefing, began when NBC News reporter Peter Alexander asked Trump whether he was giving Americans "false hope" by touting unproven coronavirus drugs.

Toward the end of the exchange, Alexander cited the latest pandemic statistics showing thousands of Americans are now infected and millions are scared.

Alexander asked, "What do you say to Americans who are scared?"

Trump, shaking his head, ripped into Alexander in response.

"I say that you are a terrible reporter," Trump replied. "That's what I say."

The President proceeded to launch into an extended rant against Alexander, saying he asked a "nasty question" and assailing NBC and its parent company, Comcast.

"You're doing sensationalism," Trump charged. "And the same with NBC and Comcast. I don't call it Comcast. I call it 'Con-Cast.'"

"Let me just tell you something," Trump added. "That's really bad reporting. And you ought to get back to reporting instead of sensationalism."

• Squee changed the title to Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)
  • Rubin Farr changed the title to Now That Trump's President... (24 hours to go)
  • Squee locked this topic