IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

7 minutes ago, doublename said:

Those are all fine words. We have the best words, not in order you understand, but the best words. These words are better but easier more difficult because easier more better understand difficult.

• Haha 2
  • Burger 1

re: trump supporters

the worst is finding out that friends you've known for a long time or co-workers you have a lot in common with are actually trump supporters. they definitely don't fit the mold of the typical nut job you see pictures of online and are overall pretty great people, but finding out they voted for him and are going to vote for him AGAIN after all of this is almost like finding out you've been cheated on (well not really, but still sucks). how could I now have known and how can I smack some sense into them? I don't want to get into an argument over trump with these people and usually try and change the subject (I mean really, who wants to discuss politics IRL when it's much more fun to criticize all of it on some obscure music forum?), but damn, fuckin trump. totally divided and confused a lot of good people out there. 

• Like 1

Trump administration won’t say who got $511 billion in taxpayer-backed coronavirus loans

poof. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/06/11/trump-administration-wont-say-who-got-511-billion-taxpayer-backed-coronavirus-loans/?fbclid=IwAR39w6DLlgZPzAsRitZ-Y-JRz7dJISzEmj47MPbH0ldIOUq7MZG5qpCaF04

greeted in Dallas. 

C0o4tIJ.jpg

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 7

more classic nonsensical trump speak. he was interviewed yesterday by a fox news reporter and asked to explain "when the looting starts the shooting starts":

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/12/trump-criticizes-lincoln-brags-he-has-done-a-lot-to-help-black-americans.html

“It means two things – very different things. One is, if there’s looting, there’s probably going to be shooting, and that’s not as a threat, that’s really just a fact, because that’s what happens. And the other is, if there’s looting, there’s going to be shooting. They’re very different meanings.”

I get it! the first one he said "probably" and the second one he didn't! two different things. he's so right, or probably right. or maybe he's probably right. but he's never wrong! therefore he must be right.

and from the same interview, he explains what he has done for black communities:

Trump responded, “I think I’ve done more for the black community than any other president. And let’s take a pass on Abraham Lincoln, because he did good, although it’s always questionable, you know, in other words, the end result.”

It was unclear what Trump was referring to when he meant “end result,” but Harris responded, “Well, we are free, Mr. President. He did pretty well.”

“We are free,” Trump answered. “Well, you understand what I mean? You know, I got to take a pass on a Honest Abe, as we call it.”

I wish she would have said I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT YOU MEAN YOU FUCKING INCOHERENT IDIOT

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Burger 1

while everyone was trying to cancel jk rowling, big T was putting this into effect:

Washington (AP) — In a move applauded by President Donald Trump’s conservative religious base, his administration on Friday finalized a rule that overturns Obama-era protections for transgender people against sex discrimination in health care.

“Under the old Obama rule, medical professionals could have been forced to facilitate gender reassignment surgeries and abortions — even if they believed this was a violation of their conscience or believed it harmful to the patient,” said Mary Beth Waddell of the religious conservative Family Research Council.

• Sad 2

it's big brain time. 

Trump supporters burn Michigan absentee ballot applications

Michael Farage, president of the Grand Rapids Taxpayers Association, says the absentee ballot applications were unsolicited and a waste of money.

https://www.wzzm13.com/article/news/local/absentee-ballot-application-protest/69-d2a6c00b-ea74-4813-ade5-533d8d7d1a0a

1 hour ago, psn said:

his feeble mind was shaken, seeing the graduates he forced to travel and quarantine in order to hear his speech. literally all those west point grads had to travel there and then quarantine for 2 weeks for the sole reason that trump wouldn't cancel the event due to covid. more than a dozen were found to have contracted the disease.

trump had to hold his water glass with both hands, to not reveal a tremble. similar to his speech before defense intelligence in december, 2017. he shakes when speaking to actual defense servants. because he knows he is a fucking traitor.

2017:

2020:

they're calling it water gate

and yeah he's been talking like he's had a stroke. hard to tell if that's just how he is when he hasn't snorted adderall.

Edited by very honest
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dingformung said:

But what is all this hate he has to endure in comparison to all that money that he fills his affiliate's pockets with? He is a hero of the richest 0.001% who view regular people as cattle

frankly, it's up to us shit posters. the information is out there, it just needs to travel to more individuals. even rich people don't want to fuck the earth for eons. climate change, alone, is all the rationale needed, in a sane world, to uttertly purge government of the corrupt GOP. even the rich would be appalled to comprehend the treachery of trump's behavior toward ukraine, the kurds, iran, and putin. even the rich should be shaken to realize that hundreds of data points paint a painfully clear pattern of trump allowing covid to spread, resulting in more than a hundred thousand deaths, so far. not to mention an economic depression, the extent of which is not yet known. in fact, economists are starting to make very unpleasant projections.

the problem is trickery. it's really not that difficult to trick people. this is the opening with which fox news and the GOP have built a living for themselves. they have systemized it. the antidote is not waiting for someone else to come along and fix it. the solution must be distributed. in this ugly dawn of the information age a new social norm will be forced to emerge, through trial and catastrophe, in which each individual values, cultivates, and teaches others skeptical practices like cross-referencing information. there is no truth, there is only verifiability. this dynamic is hackable, and it is hacked. individuals need the skill of careful information handling, and this cannot come from a corruptible source.

the social norm of avoiding political discussion is no longer correct. it is now more important to have those unpleasant conversations than it is to dance around the information disparity. being gentle with the cult members is important, so as to not burn the lines of communication, but this skillset of courteously hashing out conflicting information needs to be improved among the collective masses. 

Edited by very honest

7 minutes ago, very honest said:

in this ugly dawn of the information age a new social norm will be forced to emerge, through trial and catastrophe, in which each individual values, cultivates, and teaches others skeptical practices like cross-referencing information. there is no truth, there is only verifiability. this dynamic is hackable, and it is hacked. 

Yes, it is hacked by right wing conspiracy theories created by lobby groups. The victims of this sort of false information are given the impression that they think freely, cross-reference information, do their own research and are ahead of the general public in that regard. The culture of extended critical thinking and media competence that you propose isn't presuppositionless, it requires the absence or containment of dumbness. So it isn't so much about how we deal with information, it's more about how we deal with dumbness.

• Like 3

06/04 Update: a few more bugs are coming in for iOS 13.5.1 as more iPhone owners upgrade. These remain isolated, but include Face ID errorswallpaper glitchesBluetooth connectivity issues and

a strange keyboard prediction error where typing “”vote”, “vote” (with space) or “vote for” which then automatically suggests “trump”. This is happening for users both inside and outside the US.

Notably, one complaint about this @AppleSupport has received over 1,500 likes with users responding in droves with screenshots showing the same thing on their iPhones (selection below). Obviously, this is not a deal breaker but it is unusual and I would expect Apple to address it with a server-side fix rather than it requiring a full iOS update.

www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2020/06/02/apple-ios-1351-release-should-you-upgrade-new-iphone-update/amp/

spacer.png

Um... WTF?? If this is actually programmed into the software, that’s pretty fucked up.

I’m actually on the phone with AppleCare right now to let them know I’m not putting up with this buuuuullshiiiit. 

spacer.png

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, J3FF3R00 said:

www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2020/06/02/apple-ios-1351-release-should-you-upgrade-new-iphone-update/amp/

spacer.png

Um... WTF?? If this is actually programmed into the software, that’s pretty fucked up.

I’m actually on the phone with AppleCare right now to let them know I’m not putting up with this buuuuullshiiiit. 

spacer.png

Tim Cook is evil.

On 6/14/2020 at 2:58 PM, very honest said:

just noticed twitter has made trump's birthday Obama Appreciation Day

image.thumb.png.06591eb26e1b0c9dcb14b7b7c1eeaa45.png

What's with all this Obama appreciation surging all over the internets these days? He might have the swag, but he still received an unwarranted Peace Nobel Prize in my book. Can a former president run for the office again?

1 hour ago, cichlisuite said:

What's with all this Obama appreciation surging all over the internets these days? He might have the swag, but he still received an unwarranted Peace Nobel Prize in my book. Can a former president run for the office again?

trump built his political presence on race-baiting antagonism of obama. obama is considered by many shrewd observers to have been an exceptionally excellent US president. so, many like to spite trump, while revealing his pathetic bullshit, with fond remembrance of barack's administration.

i've thought it would be funny if biden chose barack as VP. idk if that's allowed. biden said he will choose a woman, though. cory booker actually said he likes the idea of michelle obama being biden's veep. i don't think she wants it, but that's funny.

obama's achievements are significant. the global economy was in freefall, and obama oversaw a stemming of the collapse, and a recovery from the recession.

before the JCPOA (iran deal), war with iran was perpetually looming on the horizon. the JCPOA increased the "break-out time" significantly, and brought international inspectors into the country's nuclear facilities for the first time. it's worth noting that, since trump had america withdraw from the Joint Comprehensive Plan Of Action, Iran has backtracked, and the "break-out time" is now much shorter, again. this metric is one of the key reasons why israel was very itchy about the iranian nuclear program.

not gonna rehash the entire 8 years, but if you want to debate many of the issues, you'll find i'm ready to offer obama-supportive positions. regarding the nobel, i don't see the logic behind that being an argument against obama. the nobel committee is an independent entity and they can do what they want for whatever reasons they want. i think they wanted to celebrate an end to the bush era, which obama's '08 opponent, mccain, proposed to largely extend. obama got the nobel basically right after entering office, it seemed to represent his electoral win more than any presidential achievement. although it did also coincide with his swift actions to effectively stem the economic collapse. bush invaded iraq on dubious pretenses, and then precipitated a years-long civil war & occupation environment, there, with vast mercenary armies that were not accountable to military law. winning an election running against that does seem like an achievement in the realm of world peace. and it wasn't an easy election, political campaigns are heady challenges, and obama carried out a very impressive campaign.

• Like 4

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/06/15/trump-says-nearly-1-million-people-have-requested-tickets-to-tulsa-rally/#18af2b235289

the greatest salesman on earth is claiming "nearly 1 million" people have registered for his MAGA rally (aka free covid party!) in Tulsa. the BOK center only holds around 20,000 (and there are roughly 400,000 people in Tulsa), so where are the additional 980,000 coming from and where are they going to go?

this shit's going to be like the MAGA Hajj. red hats gonna be circling round the building like it's the kaaba.

spacer.png

• Burger 3

5 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

it was trump's birthday so instead of trump getting happy birthday messages of support people decided to show love for obama. that's how it started.