IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

1 hour ago, whosebrian said:

Loving this summary:

the GOP knows their red states are baked in fox news, so they strategize their savagery of the nation by gauging the wool over constituent eyes. bill barr knew this when he released a misleading summary of the mueller report a month before releasing the report itself. the fox viewers already got their bill barr summary, and fox news wasn't going to update them. 

during impeachment for the ukraine scandal, the house GOP spent all their time trying to seem like they were discrediting the democrats for bringng the impeachment, and all their arguments. those attempts didn't hold water, but all they needed was for fox news to air those soundbites and not their counterpoints. by the time it got to the senate, the red state constituencies were on-board with belief that the impeachment arguments were faulty, though they weren't. this put the senate in a position where they could get away with not calling bolton.

the senate GOP (with the exceptions of susan collins and mitt romney) chose not to call bolton because they knew it would make it harder for them, politically, to vote to acquit the president. the house GOP had bought them some constituent confusion, and they rammed acquittal through under that fog. many GOP senators released statements saying that the evidence already laid out demonstrated inappropriate behavior by the president, and they hid behind a false argument that it didn't warrant removal from office.

what bolton had to share was that trump was a liar, the whole ukraine scheme occurred as alleged, trump engages in obstruction of justice as a way of life, and he is a threat to the life of the nation. the GOP senators, with the exception of collins and romney, didn't want their constituents to hear this, because they wanted to keep power, selfishly, so they didn't want a sea change in partisan support, with a spectacular fall of a disgraced republican president. 

today is primary day in kentucky. there are a few good democratic candidates vying to run against mccornhole. i like amy mcgrath, who is the front-runner. 

Edited by very honest

1 hour ago, very honest said:

today is primary day in kentucky. there are a few good democratic candidates vying to run against mccornhole. i like amy mcgrath, who is the front-runner. 

I just hope the dems don't end up splitting the vote and let that turtle piece of shit slither his way through again. 

and of course the corona gods are going to try and do something to mess with this: 

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/503937-celebrities-and-politicians-speak-out-over-90-cut-in-polling

Democratic politicians, celebrities and others are speaking out ahead of Kentucky's primary election on Tuesday, after the number of polling places in the state has been drastically reduced amid the coronavirus pandemic. 

State election officials will open 170 polling places, down from just under 2,700 locations in a usual year, CNN reported Monday. The state’s two most populous counties — Jefferson and Fayette — are each set to have only one polling place.

i watched Get Me Roger Stone last night jesus what a fucking scumbag. classic dirty guru political operative. not denying he has a talent for it but fuck.. what a dick. it's all pretty obvious and transparent but what a toxic presence. 

38 minutes ago, zero said:

I just hope the dems don't end up splitting the vote and let that turtle piece of shit slither his way through again. 

and of course the corona gods are going to try and do something to mess with this: 

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/503937-celebrities-and-politicians-speak-out-over-90-cut-in-polling

yeah, the kentucky polling places situation is really messed up. i think 600,000 voters have 1 polling place, and coincidentally that is the african american area.

the president has been continuing his messaging that questions the legitimacy of the upcoming November election, ahead of time, based on the right-wing narrative that mail-in ballots lend themselves to fraud, though that claim is not well-supported. we know trump signalled an intention to question the election, if he lost, in 2016. also, the epidemic setting contributes to short-handed election workers, and, therefor, the potential for problems at voting locations, as we have seen during primaries. like we see in kentucky, today, the republicans are using the epidemic as a pretense for increased voter suppression tactics. GOP gerrymandering and disinformation is such that the margin of victory for biden is actually kind of difficult, the states are stacked against a democratic win. we are looking at a drawn-out vote counting period, this November, because of the anticipated dramatic increase in mail-in ballots and absentee ballots. so, the future is always changing, but people need to anticipate a close election in which the results take several days to come in, there may be abnornormalities, disputes, the president may dispute specific results or contest the election generally, there may need to be recounts, and it may go to the supreme court, like it did in 2000. it may be an election for the history books. 

this lawfare podcast episode does a good job of going over some of the more important things we may see.

Edited by very honest

9 minutes ago, very honest said:

the president may dispute specific results or contest the election generally, there may need to be recounts, and it may go to the supreme court, like it did in 2000. it may be an election for the history books. 

I have no doubt something like this is going to happen. if donald loses by like 49% to 51% or something similar, he will raise holy hell blaming everything and everyone. he said recently that if he does in fact lose he would vacate the white house without needing to be literally thrown out, but getting him to the point where he will actually concede is going to be the mother of all shit shows.

1 minute ago, zero said:

I have no doubt something like this is going to happen. if donald loses by like 49% to 51% or something similar, he will raise holy hell blaming everything and everyone. he said recently that if he does in fact lose he would vacate the white house without needing to be literally thrown out, but getting him to the point where he will actually concede is going to be the mother of all shit shows.

exactly. the way things work, he couldn't just squat in the white house, if he loses. the avenue by which trump and the GOP can seek to undermine democracy is through foul-play with the election itself.

Amy McGrath is ahead in her Kentucky primary so far, which is good because we're trying to get Mitch removed from Kentucky. I'm not really trusting any super progressive candidates right now, to be honest. Getting rid of Mitch is way more important. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Candiru said:

Amy McGrath is ahead in her Kentucky primary so far, which is good because we're trying to get Mitch removed from Kentucky. I'm not really trusting any super progressive candidates right now, to be honest. Getting rid of Mitch is way more important. 

it's hard to say who would be best. i'm not super familiar w/kentucky's landscape. i've watched a bit of coverage here and there but not hard analysis of who would be better in the general election.

whoever wins i hope they give moscow mitch a run

1 hour ago, Candiru said:

This 110%. Get Mitch the fuck out, end of. That turd has needed a flush for years.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Nebraska said:

if big T see's chop citizens anywhere near dc, it's on sight

That's rich, coming from Bunker Bitch. Glad to see Twitter has taken action though.

lol, shouldn't he be cowering in the bottom of the boat?

Edited by Gocab