IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

12 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

I heard some cable news people theorizing  that when Trump realizes he can’t win in a situation , he intentionally loses to avoid admitting guilt or apologizing for anything.  As Howard Stern and others claimed repeatedly, Trump had no thought that he would win the 2016 election, and had plans fully in place for his post-loss life.  Being elected was the worst thing that ever happened to him, and again I think he is planning to lose, and go back to just being a Twitter troll, probly take a gig on Fox News, etc. or start his “Trump News Network” he was talking about in 2016.  The Presidency was just a contest to win, he doesn’t want the responsibility obviously, which is why he has no real plans for a second term.

all during his campaign leading up to 2016 stories kept popping up about media deals he had cooking for a far right trump network that would live on cable. a platform for him and all his goons to spout all kinds of crazy shit since at the time they were saying foxnews wasn't conservative enough.  he apparently had the paperwork ready and deals inked just waiting for the election so they could proceed after he lost to clinton. so, i've no doubt he has some scenarios for win/lose in place. his ego wants to win but i imagine he'd feel more comfortable being free of the presidency so he could do all the dirt he wants and collect on all the favors he's owed after giving away so much during his first term.  win or lose his presence and message and message of his insane supporters will be around for a long time. if he loses they will become instant sore losers and will be out protesting everything and anything that doesn't fit in the trump ouvre or racist bullshit and of course anything he speaks out on. he's their god in a way and they will keep worshiping him. it will be a small very loud vocal minority. it's going to take a lot of energy to oppose them and shout down their messaging as ever.. the left/right/progressive etc fight is going to continue on. 

the election is gonna be nuts. 

i thought he was trying to lose in 2016. 

chris wylie's cambridge analytica book describes russian state operatives actively interested in the technology, methodology and the data sets being used to influence the US election with cutting edge voter targetting technology. those things were not strictly controlled by CA (really a sub-brand of SCL). SCL was moving fast and loose, and the methodology, technology, and data bled into other entities including russian state actors. now the methodology is out of the bag. CA was the beginning. the hope is that the immune response of the collective intellectual organism has been triggered, and hostile informational contagions can be fought back by a newly-urgent set of distributed norms for careful information handling.

what an unbelievable train wreck fox news and the gop have brought on us. the train cars continue to pile, as fox and GOPers continue to smilingly redirect attention with falsehoods, knowingly, while coincidentally funneling cash into their pockets.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ignatius said:

trump apparently retweeted this and it was up for 17 hours before he was pressured to un-retweet it because of the guy saying "White power!" at about 11 second mark.  his tweet said: "Thank you to the great people of The Villages. The Radical Left Do Nothing Democrats will Fall in the Fall. Corrupt Joe [Biden] is shot. See you soon!!!"

also, worth mentioning this is a fucking senior village in florida. shit is mental. so divided. 

big T didn't hear that "white power" statement. all he saw were people supporting him and nothing else. 

• Haha 1

just read a tweet about florida and someone said trump is gonna dump pence for de' santis (florida governor) and this may happen if pence keeps telling people to wear masks. 

• Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

donald trump is wanted

Iran has issued an arrest warrant for U.S. President Donald Trump and 35 others over the killing of top general Qassem Soleimani and has asked Interpol for help, Tehran prosecutor Ali Alqasimehr said on Monday, according to the Fars news agency.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-usa-warrant/iran-issues-arrest-warrant-for-trump-over-killing-of-top-general-fars-news-idUSKBN2401HO

"law & order" - donald trump

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

donald being thrown in jail in Iran is exactly what he deserves, and would be the most satisfying end to this great disaster. if there's a gofundme to somehow make this happen, I'd totally chip in for that.

• Like 3

interested to see how this story about the bounties on US soldiers plays out - https://www.npr.org/2020/06/29/884611485/congress-unites-to-demand-answers-from-trump-on-russian-bounties-in-afghanistan

donnie is going to deny the whole thing of course, but if some proof emerges that he in fact knew about this? I know we've been in front of these sorts of scenarios before, where it looks like that this is the last straw before he goes and nothing comes of it, so could be a whole lot of nothing...again.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, zero said:

interested to see how this story about the bounties on US soldiers plays out - https://www.npr.org/2020/06/29/884611485/congress-unites-to-demand-answers-from-trump-on-russian-bounties-in-afghanistan

donnie is going to deny the whole thing of course, but if some proof emerges that he in fact knew about this? I know we've been in front of these sorts of scenarios before, where it looks like that this is the last straw before he goes and nothing comes of it, so could be a whole lot of nothing...again.

pelosi has requested info from the relevant intelligence services. apparently trump knew about it when he was pushing for russia to be added to the G8 and also when he spoke at west point graduation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psn said:

Can we get a citizen's arrest, please? 

Personally, I think someone is going to put a bullet in that guy regardless of how the election goes.

don't forget he prepped people for him losing in 2016.. he even said the election he won was rigged. so, he's possibly just creating the narrative so he can save face w/his base if he loses (fingers crossed) and then have a whole lot of bullshit to spew on whatever his new cable network is. 

18 hours ago, Nebraska said:

big T didn't hear that "white power" statement. all he saw were people supporting him and nothing else. 

or.... trump's sound was off. we know trump doesn't read, and that could explain that when he watches video, he prefers to do so with no sound. 

13 minutes ago, randomsummer said:

What kind of odds is that giving?

Just with some friends. Beers are at stake. Corona and other brands... ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

or.... trump's sound was off. we know trump doesn't read, and that could explain that when he watches video, he prefers to do so with no sound. 

That's a load of bullshit. Trump knows exactly what he's doing. The guy is a maniac.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Personally, I think someone is going to put a bullet in that guy regardless of how the election goes.

when he won 2016, I remember thinking at the time there's no way he's going to make it 4 years, as someone is probably going to take him out. but the more I think about it, who would that be? the homegrown domestic timothy mcveigh nut jobs are all trump supporters, the ruskie bogeymen obey lord putin, islamic extremists groups have no bone to pick since he's not currently warmongering... iran maybe? or some lone wolf American who snaps and concocts an elaborate plan to pull it off? the secret NSA shadow government maybe? but since he's made it this far, I can't see any of them all of a sudden deciding it's time. 

unfortunately I'd bet that donald will continue to lead a long and dishonorable life, and till the day he dies will think he was the best president the world had ever seen.

6 minutes ago, zero said:

when he won 2016, I remember thinking at the time there's no way he's going to make it 4 years, as someone is probably going to take him out. but the more I think about it, who would that be? the homegrown domestic timothy mcveigh nut jobs are all trump supporters, the ruskie bogeymen obey lord putin, islamic extremists groups have no bone to pick since he's not currently warmongering... iran maybe? or some lone wolf American who snaps and concocts an elaborate plan to pull it off? the secret NSA shadow government maybe? but since he's made it this far, I can't see any of them all of a sudden deciding it's time. 

unfortunately I'd bet that donald will continue to lead a long and dishonorable life, and till the day he dies will think he was the best president the world had ever seen.

I see your point, and I've considered that, but someone shot Reagan, so anything is possible. There are still some gun nuts in the Democratic party, too.

I think he's old and lazy enough to leave it muted. I'm not really a Twitter user, so I don't know.

wow. this is a pretty big thing to float. i wonder if this is the scare the base into action or some reverse psychology 8th dimensional chess or wtf

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/trump-2020-us-election-drop-out-fox-news-republican-a9592036.html

Donald Trump may drop out of the 2020 presidential race if he believes he has no chance of winning, a Republican Party operative reportedly told Fox News.

• Confused 1
  • Farnsworth 1

40 minutes ago, Gocab said:

lol, things are going well

2020 keeps one upping itself. just when i think "this shit is weird" it gets weirder.. i mean.. how many times is shit gonna go over a cliff?