IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

4 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Apparently there’s a pro Trump Nine Inch Nails group? lol

https://m.facebook.com/groups/354588318401574?tsid=0.34829468582541523&source=result

Pretty sure Trent himself bears no allegiance to the orange fiend. Just like the Wachowskis, whose iconic 1999 film has been a co-opt target by the alt-right for years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, timbre monke said:

Pretty sure Trent himself bears no allegiance to the orange fiend. Just like the Wachowskis, whose iconic 1999 film has been a co-opt target by the alt-right for years.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/nine-inch-nails-rob-sheridan-trump-facebook-group-a9619876.html

“When you’ve never actually listened to the lyrics,” he said, captioning the picture.

“I just took a closer look at the godawful graphic of that FB group,” he continued. ”They’re specifically using my glitched ‘With Teeth’ version of the NIN logo that coincided with a song that was a direct dig at the Bush administration, but to be fair they’ve only had 15 years to figure that out.”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, timbre monke said:

Trent absolutely hates the right, I think Bush was the first Rep they bashed, but yeah what a bunch of twits.  Might as well make a Ministry loves Trump group.

• Like 3

trump jr had a great pork roast for dinner and he has never met jeffrey epstein (to his knowledge) and some guy tried to cancel him but he had flight logs so he destroyed that guys life because it was a total lie. anyway, he's currently not on twitter so any b.s. on his twitter is not him. oh yeah, and his wife has covid-19. message brought to you by goya foods

WH @PressSec claims "science should not stand in the way" of opening up schools amid a ongoing and surging pandemic "Open and full. Kids being able to attend each and every day."

In her defense, she then goes on to say the US is an outlier and that other countries have already opened their schools, which is true, because science seems to suggest, which it does, that it doesn't affect young children.

I'm all for "huh-huh Trump dumb" but in this particular instance they're doing the same as Denmark and the Netherlands (and probably others).

10 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

In her defense, she then goes on to say the US is an outlier and that other countries have already opened their schools, which is true, because science seems to suggest, which it does, that it doesn't affect young children.

I'm all for "huh-huh Trump dumb" but in this particular instance they're doing the same as Denmark and the Netherlands (and probably others).

i guess the children should teach themselves so no adults get infected. also, they should drive the school buses as well.. and when they get home from school they should baby sit themselves as well so grandma or aunt jennie or whoever watches them until their parents get home from  work don't also get infected. 

Devos said .02% of kids might die when schools are opened. no big deal. that's only 14,000 +/- kids. 

i don't expect the USA to open schools in a consistently responsible way. some places will but many won't. it's suspicious that school boards are having meetings on Zoom because it's not safe enough to meet in public to iron out the details of reopening. 

also, do other countries opening up their schools have an outbreak/number of cases like USA has? curious. i haven't looked. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

big T solves the hospital capacity problem by just not having the data available. smart dude

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

trump admin rolled back 100 environmental rules last week. one of which is environmental impact assessment that is done when big projects are built.. so highways etc. basically means they don't have to show the impact of the project on the environment and can do whatever the fuck they want. also, rolled back no fishing zones on atlantic coast, removed rule that made it illegal hunt for bears in their dens so now it's ok to hunt in the dens killing the cubs.. also rolled back rule that made it illegal to shoot swimming caribou.. meaning when they're crossing a river they couldn't be hunted but now that's ok. wtf. 

also rolled back a bunch of rules around predatory payday lending and other financial stuff.. too many things to list.

what a shit show. fuck these people. 

• Sad 2

New USPS Postmaster releases memo about slowing down mail service, eliminating overtime, possibly to interfere with mail-in voting for November election:
https://federalnewsnetwork.com/management/2020/07/usps-warns-staff-of-temporary-mail-delays-as-it-cuts-soaring-delivery-costs/

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

trump admin rolled back 100 environmental rules last week. one of which is environmental impact assessment that is done when big projects are built.. so highways etc. basically means they don't have to show the impact of the project on the environment and can do whatever the fuck they want. also, rolled back no fishing zones on atlantic coast, removed rule that made it illegal hunt for bears in their dens so now it's ok to hunt in the dens killing the cubs.. also rolled back rule that made it illegal to shoot swimming caribou.. meaning when they're crossing a river they couldn't be hunted but now that's ok. wtf. 

also rolled back a bunch of rules around predatory payday lending and other financial stuff.. too many things to list.

what a shit show. fuck these people. 

Then perhaps it's time we rolled a dump truck backwards towards the presidential motorcade.

8 hours ago, ignatius said:

i guess the children should teach themselves so no adults get infected. also, they should drive the school buses as well.. and when they get home from school they should baby sit themselves as well so grandma or aunt jennie or whoever watches them until their parents get home from  work don't also get infected. 

Devos said .02% of kids might die when schools are opened. no big deal. that's only 14,000 +/- kids. 

i don't expect the USA to open schools in a consistently responsible way. some places will but many won't. it's suspicious that school boards are having meetings on Zoom because it's not safe enough to meet in public to iron out the details of reopening. 

also, do other countries opening up their schools have an outbreak/number of cases like USA has? curious. i haven't looked. 

She's one of the people we should first put in the guillotine, but she never said that: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/devos-only-student-deaths/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Thats a very narrow explanation of what is going on over here in the Netherlands, and in the US.

The thing which is ridiculous in the US is that even though there are huge differences in corona-spread between regions in the US, the president basically refuses to acknowledge that and forces all states to open schools. And threats with holding back finances if they don't. Regardless of the local situation. And remember that in the Netherlands schools were closed during the period the crisis was the most severe.

This is not an argument about what the impact is of a certain kind of policy. It's impact depend on a lot of factors. Which is basically why it would make sense to allow individual states to define their own policies. 

If Trump had any kind of sense, he'd allow states to open schools. Not force all states to open them. Keep that shit at the state level. And don't threaten states financially if they make their own decisions. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, goDel said:

Thats a very narrow explanation of what is going on over here in the Netherlands, and in the US.

The thing which is ridiculous in the US is that even though there are huge differences in corona-spread between regions in the US, the president basically refuses to acknowledge that and forces all states to open schools. And threats with holding back finances if they don't. Regardless of the local situation. And remember that in the Netherlands schools were closed during the period the crisis was the most severe.

This is not an argument about what the impact is of a certain kind of policy. It's impact depend on a lot of factors. Which is basically why it would make sense to allow individual states to define their own policies. 

If Trump had any kind of sense, he'd allow states to open schools. Not force all states to open them. Keep that shit at the state level. And don't threaten states financially if they make their own decisions. 

if he was smart.... or if he'd even listen to someone smart.. they'd follow CDC guidelines for phased opening, protocols etc.. and there would be messaging constantly for mandatory masks. 

• Like 1