IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

basically "trumps retweets random bullshit and walks out of briefing when asked about it"

Trump defends doctor who claimed medicine is made from alien DNA and walks out of briefing mid question

this pic is from the first part of the above video where trump is confused about why dr. fauci is popular and he isn't

ze5xjnl8wod51.png?width=1010&auto=webp&s

these headlines are amazing. 

Caught Lying About Baseball Invite, President Calls Twitter Criticism “Illegal” and Endorses Demon-Sperm Doctor

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/07/trump-vincibility-watch-yankees-twitter-corruption-demon-sperm.html

Edited by ignatius
  • Haha 1

russia paying to kill US troops is a "fake issue"

"i comprehend extraordinarily well"

good stuff from hennessey on the elections here: 

Edited by very honest
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, very honest said:

Man, I think if this guy had more time with Trump he could really get his goat. I've never seen him put up with this much shade thrown at him - I guess it's a bit more subtle than what he's probably used to.

• Like 2

I've been wondering when the lizard people were going to pop up again in the trump news cycle world. they've been eerily quiet for awhile now, was only a matter of time before they started stealthily reappearing.

from the article @ignatius posted:

• Later Monday night, Trump used Twitter to share a video in which a Houston doctor and preacher named Stella Immanuel argues that wearing masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is unnecessary and makes (medically unproven) claims about the effectiveness of the drug hydroxychloroquine in treating the disease. As the Daily Beast subsequently reported, Immanuel also believes that “gynecological problems like cysts and endometriosis are … caused by people having sex in their dreams with demons and witches” and has said that many individuals in positions of power are actually lizard aliens. (The latter belief is a somewhat common one.)

Edited by zero
  • Like 1

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/29/oregon-federal-government-reach-deal-on-withdrawal-of-portland-agents.html

• Oregon and the federal government have reached a deal for the withdrawal of agents from the anti-racism protests in Portland, according to statements released simultaneously by Gov. Kate Brown and the acting secretary of the Department of Homeland Security on Wednesday. 
  • While Brown’s statement indicated that some federal officers, including all Customs and Border Protection and Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, will depart as soon as Thursday, Chad Wolf indicated that DHS agents will remain. 
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, caze said:

Weren't the DHS agents the main problem though? So this solves nothing.

it's a weird "deal".  looks like some face saving on the surface but we'll see what happens.. especially after trump announced yesterday or two days ago that 100 more agents were coming to portland. 

i wonder what the fine print is? 

this story is sure to lift spirits of some protesters but most probably will not change their behavior.  

anyway.. it's about as clear as mud. 

Most presidents usually look like they've been hit by a car and aged 900 years after their presidency. Trump pretty much just looks the same as 4 years ago, right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Squee said:

Most presidents usually look like they've been hit by a car and aged 900 years after their presidency. Trump pretty much just looks the same as 4 years ago, right?

I was just thinking the other day he looks even more haggard. I mean, don't get me wrong, he looked like shit before all this.

They're carefully curating his appearance it seems to me, there's lots of less flattering pictures of him around now, he's much fatter and his entire head is a joke, so much going wrong there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Classy.  Was talking with a neighbor who's selling his house the other day (he's got a Trump sticker on his pickup).  He was telling me that he won't sell it to certain "minorities" (he danced around that word) because they always stuff multiple families in houses and drive down the property values.  My wife then told a nice story about how she spent her life from birth to 4 in a small house with her extended family living there also after they emigrated from El Salvador, and how her aunt is now a millionaire and retired at 50.  He quickly changed the subject.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, randomsummer said:

Classy.  Was talking with a neighbor who's selling his house the other day (he's got a Trump sticker on his pickup).  He was telling me that he won't sell it to certain "minorities" (he danced around that word) because they always stuff multiple families in houses and drive down the property values.  My wife then told a nice story about how she spent her life from birth to 4 in a small house with her extended family living there also after they emigrated from El Salvador, and how her aunt is now a millionaire and retired at 50.  He quickly changed the subject.

But on the other hand, my mom’s neighbor had a house that was supposed to be a duplex but had 17 people. It completely burned down and the owner got investigated for human trafficking. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, Candiru said:

But on the other hand, my mom’s neighbor had a house that was supposed to be a duplex but had 17 people. It completely burned down and the owner got investigated for human trafficking. 

Exactly, this is what my neighbor had in mind but it would be nice to make him realize that, like everything in life, there are examples from both extremes and everything in between.  Perhaps a bridge too far for today's Trump supporters.