IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

11 hours ago, Candiru said:

But on the other hand, my mom’s neighbor had a house that was supposed to be a duplex but had 17 people. It completely burned down and the owner got investigated for human trafficking. 

Sounds like your neighborhood could use more high density housing.

Nah, I was thinking, would he still be saying that it's inaccurate if he wins?

Anyway, he thinks businesses, schools. international borders etc. should reopen, but also thinks that it's unsafe to go out and vote?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bendish said:

Absolutely mental. Will go to supreme court and get rejected if he pushes it. 

I hope Trump will not try a military coup to stay in power past the elections. His justification would be that the radical left/communists/anarchists are causing chaos in the country and the only way to counter it is to give more power to Trump. This kind of resembles Hitler and the Reichstag fire

14 hours ago, Candiru said:

But on the other hand, my mom’s neighbor had a house that was supposed to be a duplex but had 17 people. It completely burned down and the owner got investigated for human trafficking. 

But on the other other hand, I live very close to subsidized housing for refugees and people impacted by drug and other issues, and my property taxes went up this year so wheeeee?

5 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

But on the other other hand, I live very close to subsidized housing for refugees and people impacted by drug and other issues, and my property taxes went up this year so wheeeee?

Same

3 hours ago, Squee said:

Anyway, he thinks businesses, schools. international borders etc. should reopen, but also thinks that it's unsafe to go out and vote?

Two things.  First, he was laying similar groundwork before the 2016 election and once he won, he and his base of course forgot all of the noise that was made regarding the "fairness" of the election.

Second, don't try to apply logic to Trump and his followers. They are the way they are because they don't apply logic and reason to their lives, they only apply selfishness. This is the biggest mistake reasonable people make when analyzing or debating with these yahoos.

8 hours ago, Squee said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/30/us/politics/trump-postpone-election.html

Spoiler

Get past the paywall by holding esc while the page loads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

https://newrepublic.com/article/158684/white-house-staffers-coronavirus

Panic in the White House as Staffers Discover There Is Some Sort of Pandemic Happening

It’s easy to see how there may be political pressure inside the White House not to wear masks, working for a president who only recently and begrudgingly wore one in public. It’s equally easy to think that those psychotic enough to work for the Trump White House might really subscribe to the Louie Gohmert school of thought on the necessity of masks. Party leaders have spent the last month trying to row back their early skepticism, but local Republicans continue to spoil it all by doing things like comparing mask mandates to North Korean oppression. The rank and file is coming around to masks, but the party in Washington has long been more extreme than its members. It is far too easy to imagine that some twenty-something Benny Johnson clone with a White House badge has called his coworker a “masks simp” for putting one on in the office. 

13 minutes ago, BobDobalina said:

If it can derail the Herm Cain Train, it can get Fuckface

Xenu pls

tweet of God said it's very hard to aim the virus at one specific person. 

wapo breaking a big story on DHS profiling and targetting specific american journalists. CBP passing around baseball cards like they're terrorists

DHS compiled ‘intelligence reports’ on journalists who published leaked documents

Spoiler

incognito to beat wapo paywall

Edited by very honest
  • Like 2

We have made the disturbing but confident prediction that anything short of a clear and emphatic defeat in 2020 will embolden Trump to either reject an electoral loss outright or, in the case of an uncertain result, refuse to accept any outcome other than victory. Could he succeed in such an unprecedented act of electoral nullification? How well equipped is our system to repulse such an attack?

What Happens When Trump Refuses to Accept an Electoral Loss? (Lawrence Douglas, LitHub)

19 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Lol yup. Apparently the house burning down was just the grand finale after years of bullshit. I’m surprised my mom’s house only had a few windows cracked because the flames got really close. Second fire in that house, third on her street in a couple years. 

Now when I go visit there’s an empty lot with weeds growing where the house used to be and it’s... beautiful. 

• Like 2

That's the best Lincoln Project video yet. Creased me up that he unplugged himself. Is that power cable his literal lifeline?

Alexander Vindman: Coming forward ended my career. I still believe doing what’s right matters.

At no point in my career or life have I felt our nation’s values under greater threat and in more peril than at this moment. Our national government during the past few years has been more reminiscent of the authoritarian regime my family fled more than 40 years ago than the country I have devoted my life to serving.

Our citizens are being subjected to the same kinds of attacks tyrants launch against their critics and political opponents. Those who choose loyalty to American values and allegiance to the Constitution over devotion to a mendacious president and his enablers are punished. The president recklessly downplayed the threat of the pandemic even as it swept through our country. The economic collapse that followed highlighted the growing income disparities in our society. Millions are grieving the loss of loved ones and many more have lost their livelihoods while the president publicly bemoans his approval ratings.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/08/01/alexander-vindman-retiring-oped/

• Like 3

On 7/31/2020 at 4:51 AM, very honest said:

wapo breaking a big story on DHS profiling and targetting specific american journalists. CBP passing around baseball cards like they're terrorists

DHS compiled ‘intelligence reports’ on journalists who published leaked documents

Reveal hidden contents

incognito to beat wapo paywall

So they are really going full fascist now. America has always been weak for fascism but it's getting pretty blantant now. And Americans are fine with this it seems. Either too brainwashed or fine with it? Either way it's bad.

I just can't believe how one person can be so fucking stupid. he's such a complete and total fucking idiot. 

edit: I'm talking about trump

Edited by zero
page break

29 minutes ago, zero said:

I just can't believe how one person can be so fucking stupid. he's such a complete and total fucking idiot. 

edit: I'm talking about trump

Pretty sure his niece nailed the whole shrink analysis - he can't be wrong, he can't lose face, antagonism is the only option, he's never ever felt any financial discomfort, he's never really been loved...

• Like 1