IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

13 minutes ago, zero said:

I'm thinking it'll be the "not going away" option. even if he loses 2020, he is still going to be the #1 US news story for quite some time. and IMO it's largely up to the media to make him fade away if he loses. 

if he loses and gives up office w/o incident that'll be a plus but i agree that the media is going to be key. foxnews may not pivot away from him for along time.. or they may just jump right in to hacking away at biden as the main story. 

haven't watched the whole interview, but this part is funny to read:

Take their exchange about coronavirus testing. Trump uttered a version of his now-familiar refrain about how testing is overrated -- attributing this nonsense to unnamed "those that say." Swan pressed for details.

Trump: "You know, there are those that say you can test too much, you do know that."
Swan: "Who says that?"
Trump: "Oh, just read the manuals. Read the books."
Swan: "Manuals? What manuals?"
Trump: "Read the books. Read the books."
Swan: "What books?"

Trump moved on without offering a direct answer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zero said:

I'm thinking it'll be the "not going away" option. even if he loses 2020, he is still going to be the #1 US news story for quite some time. and IMO it's largely up to the media to make him fade away if he loses. 

When or lose, we're stuck with this imbecile cunt for years to come. I will never forgive america for this.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, zero said:

haven't watched the whole interview, but this part is funny to read:

Take their exchange about coronavirus testing. Trump uttered a version of his now-familiar refrain about how testing is overrated -- attributing this nonsense to unnamed "those that say." Swan pressed for details.

Trump: "You know, there are those that say you can test too much, you do know that."
Swan: "Who says that?"
Trump: "Oh, just read the manuals. Read the books."
Swan: "Manuals? What manuals?"
Trump: "Read the books. Read the books."
Swan: "What books?"

Trump moved on without offering a direct answer. 

Post-modern right wing politics: Weaponised stupidity, stupidity as a means of power ? The very  concept of meaningful political discourse - which is essential in a democratic society - is attacked by eradicating all rationality from discussions only catering to the emotional world of target group (ret*rd voters) for manipulation & making rich rich 

• Like 4

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-08-07/trump-fails-to-stall-rape-accuser-s-lawsuit-deposition-looms

President Donald Trump can’t stall a defamation lawsuit filed by a New York advice columnist who claims he raped her two decades ago, a judge ruled, allowing the two sides to start digging for evidence.

E. Jean Carroll, who went public with her claims last year and sued Trump after he called her a liar, will now seek to depose the president as well as get a DNA test from him to compare with a sample on a dress the author said she wore at the time of the alleged attack.

“We are now eager to move forward with discovery so that we can prove that Donald Trump defamed E. Jean Carroll when he lied about her in connection with her brave decision to tell the truth about the fact that Donald Trump had sexually assaulted her,” her lawyer Roberta Kaplan said in a statement.

i wonder if the 2016 case will come back up? since she was actually deposed. 

eqpW2mI.jpg

spUoGkd.jpg

and i wonder if ghislaine maxwell will confirm any of this stuff? was trump "wishing her well" a nod to "hey be nice and i'll pardon you?" 

From the lawsuit, Jane Doe Vs Epstein, Trump

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000158-26b6-dda3-afd8-b6fe46f40000

donald slaps new tariffs on aluminum from Canada. the Canadian version of trump, Ontario premier doug ford (toronto crack smoking mayor rob ford's brother btw), is butt hurt that his former bff would do such a thing.

"give your head a shake" we know, is the polite version of go f--- yourself.

'Give your head a shake': Ontario premier blasts Trump's new U.S. tariffs

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ford-blasts-trump-tariffs-1.5678081

12 hours ago, ignatius said:

and i wonder if ghislaine maxwell will confirm any of this stuff? was trump "wishing her well" a nod to "hey be nice and i'll pardon you?" 

ghislaine is certainly worried trump could be asked by the gop to step down and off the ticket because he is literally 1 or 2 steps from simply being poison to all down-ballot candidates. this could happen suddenly and ghislaine would never be pardoned, so yeah trump is wasting no time in signalling to sit tight, just like he did to manafort, stone, flynn, and cohen (for a time).

berman was running the maxwell case, and was canned like 9 days before they arrested maxwell. what a coincidence. berman was hastily dispatched by barr. barr couldn't even wait until monday. berman said he wanted to think about it over the weekend but barr just put out a press release on friday and then said the president fired him on saturday. there's a timeline of events over here.

berman put up a stink and was able to get barr to appoint berman's deputy, strauss, as his temporary replacement, instead of the person that barr had wanted to make the "acting" US attorney. in the first sentence of berman's final statement he says he only submitted to leaving because barr appointed strauss. so would maxwell have been arrested if it weren't strauss? we will never know, but trump wishing well to an alleged child molester (maxwell may be a woman but she molested lots of kids herself) who just got arrested for child sex slave trafficking doesn't make it look any better.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1

obviously... incoming mega link dump

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/08/russia-ukraine-trump-biden-intelligence-foreign-interference-election.html

Two weeks ago, William Evanina, director of the United States National Counterintelligence and Security Center, published a somewhat vague warning about various forms of foreign interference in the upcoming election. Today he followed up with a more direct and incriminating one, specifically warning that Russia is working to help reelect Donald Trump. Even more important is what this warning unmistakably implies: that Trump and his Republican allies in Congress are actively cooperating with Russia’s campaign.

Sen. Richard C. Shelby (R-Ala.) told Russia’s foreign minister that while Russia and the United States were competitors, “we don’t necessarily need to be adversaries.” … “I’m not here today to accuse Russia of this or that or so forth,” Shelby told Duma speaker Vyacheslav Volodin.

In addition to Shelby, who chairs the Senate Appropriations Committee and has limited foreign policy responsibilities, the official congressional delegation featured Sen. Steve Daines (R-Mont.), Sen. John Hoeven (R-N.D.), Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.), Sen. Jerry Moran (R-Kan.), Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.), and Rep. Kay Granger (R-Texas).

At issue is seven Republicans traveling to an adversary’s capital less than two years after it launched an attack on our sovereignty. Did the Americans make the trip to take a firm stand against our attackers? Hardly. They had no interest in confronting Russian officials over their election interference, preferring instead to let bygones be bygones.

Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky met with Russian politicians during a trip to Moscow on Monday and invited members of the country’s upper house of parliament to visit Washington, D.C., this year.

Paul has become one of the few defenders of President Donald Trump’s controversial summit meeting with Russia's president Vladimir Putin in Finland last month. He said he traveled to Moscow with the goal of fostering dialogue between Russia and the United States.

"My goal in coming to Russia is to say that we want to have open lines of communication," Paul said at a press conference after the meeting. "I’m pleased to announce that we will be furthering this conversation. We have invited members of the foreign relations committee of Russia to come to the United States and meet with us in Washington." 

As the CIA concludes that Russia tried to help Donald Trump win the presidential election, intelligence officials have released one more intriguing detail: Russian hackers had dirt on the Republican National Committee but never released it, according to a new report. A senior administration official said, “We now have high confidence that they hacked the D.N.C. and the R.N.C., and conspicuously released no documents” from the Republicans, according to the New York Times. Officials said the hacks into the Republican committee took place in the spring, at the same time emails from the Democratic National Committee were stolen by hackers thought to be connected to Russian intelligence. It’s unclear what kind of information was stolen from the RNC, and how much of it, just as the motive is unknown.

Mueller Report Original

Mueller Report Fewer Redactions (for comparisson)

Senate Intelligence Committee Reports

DOJ 

Major Reporting Re: wikileaks as a GRU front 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 4

Just now, ignatius said:

I thought the orange bastard was gonna try to shut down the Postal Service altogether. Still, I suspect he has something to do with this.

37 minutes ago, ignatius said:

I've half jokingly been calling the USA a "developing country" for the last 20 years. At this rate it's not even that, it's unravelling before our eyes.

^ ffs... this is gonna get so bad.

I had my primary ballot in the mail at 6:30am the day it was due (Aug 4). surprisingly, when I got home that night, my ballot was still in my mailbox and the flag was still up. First time that's ever happened to me with any mail, let alone a ballot on voting day. It was (presumably uselessly) picked up the next day. 

Made me feel pretty uneasy about the general election. Get your ballots in the post ASAP, people.