IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

See, the problem I've been worried about is the sort of thing in the following story. Trump is only a symptom of an underlying disease in this country, and I only see signs of it getting worse, not better. So long as the sizable (admittedly minority, but not insignificant) base keeps indulging in their bigoted, irrational views, we're going to keep getting morons in positions of power. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/12/901628541/qanon-supporter-who-made-bigoted-videos-wins-ga-primary-likely-heading-to-congre

• Like 2

On 8/4/2020 at 7:19 PM, ignatius said:

he will not accept the results even if/when he leaves office. he will say up and down all day every day about election fraud, illegal immigrants voting in the millions etc etc.. and he'll be on TV, radio etc all the time. he's not going to go away. there will be rallies to support him even after he's gone. he'll probably hold rallies and charge people to come and still stiff cities on the bill for the security they provide. he could do some really dumb shit depending on how amp'd he gets. he could turn his idiot base into a militia and make a new political party or some dumb shit.

but he could also just fade away a bit and focus on making all kinds of "the best deals" to make more money and drink more hooker piss. 

I'm willing to send him hooker piss by the gallon if it keeps him occupied..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, apriorion said:

See, the problem I've been worried about is the sort of thing in the following story. Trump is only a symptom of an underlying disease in this country, and I only see signs of it getting worse, not better. So long as the sizable (admittedly minority, but not insignificant) base keeps indulging in their bigoted, irrational views, we're going to keep getting morons in positions of power. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/12/901628541/qanon-supporter-who-made-bigoted-videos-wins-ga-primary-likely-heading-to-congre

i think that trend will continue. the people all up in the ass of Qanon and conspiracies will just dive deeper, hold on tighter if trump isn't re-elected. it will validate some of their crazy ideas in some way. 

• Like 1

Yeah, the people voted in congress seem almost as important as who wins the 2020 pres elections. There's an argument to be made that congress is more important, perhaps. (impeachment?) Ignore congressional elections, and the crazies vote in the Qanons.

check this patriot who's winning because he has a replica of the oval office in his house. only thing missing is a full size model of the big T and he'll be living his best life 

3 minutes ago, bendish said:

If these numbers give you a sense of deja vu, it may be because they’re verysimilar to our final forecast in 2016 … when Trump also had a 29 percent chance of winning! (And Hillary Clinton had a 71 percent chance.) So if you’re not taking a 29 percent chance as a serious possibility, I’m not sure there’s much we can say at this point, although there’s a Zoom poker game that I’d be happy to invite you to.

One last parallel to 2016 — when some models gave Clinton as high as a 99 percent chance of winning — is that FiveThirtyEight’s forecast tends to be more conservative than others. (For a more complete description of our model, including how it is handling some complications related to COVID-19, please see our methodology guide.)

With that said, one shouldn’t get too carried away with the comparisons to four years ago. In 2016, the reason Trump had a pretty decent chance in our final forecast was mostly just because the polls were fairly close (despite the media narrative to the contrary), close enough that even a modest-sized polling error in the right group of states could be enough to give Trump a victory in the Electoral College.

The uncertainty in our current 2020 forecast, conversely, stems mostly from the fact that there’s still a long way to go until the election. Take what happens if we lie to our model and tell it that the election is going to be held today. It spits out that Biden has a 93 percent chance of winning. In other words, a Trump victory would require a much bigger polling error than what we saw in 2016.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/its-way-too-soon-to-count-trump-out/

• Like 2

On 8/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, ignatius said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-08-07/trump-fails-to-stall-rape-accuser-s-lawsuit-deposition-looms

i wonder if the 2016 case will come back up? since she was actually deposed. 

eqpW2mI.jpg

spUoGkd.jpg

and i wonder if ghislaine maxwell will confirm any of this stuff? was trump "wishing her well" a nod to "hey be nice and i'll pardon you?" 

From the lawsuit, Jane Doe Vs Epstein, Trump

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000158-26b6-dda3-afd8-b6fe46f40000

if true he should be publicly castrated. a bit medieval, but as the conservatives like to say, 'it sends a strong message'

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, goDel said:

Yeah, the people voted in congress seem almost as important as who wins the 2020 pres elections. There's an argument to be made that congress is more important, perhaps. (impeachment?) Ignore congressional elections, and the crazies vote in the Qanons.

That's actually one of the main problems in American politics. Most people are focused on the presidential election and don't vote in local, state, or congressional elections. That's how the olds how more influence than the yoots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

check this patriot who's winning because he has a replica of the oval office in his house. only thing missing is a full size model of the big T and he'll be living his best life 

simple cock worship, goes back like 1000s a years. some men just enjoy worshipping other mens cocks. 

1 hour ago, mycospherologyst said:

simple cock worship, goes back like 1000s a years. some men just enjoy worshipping other mens cocks. 

Talking about cocks

4 hours ago, ignatius said:

i think that trend will continue. the people all up in the ass of Qanon and conspiracies will just dive deeper, hold on tighter if trump isn't re-elected. it will validate some of their crazy ideas in some way. 

I "liked" your post, but we all know that none of us likes that this is the fucking asinine reality we're in. Ugh.

duh

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/atifa-website-one-america-chanel-rion-russia-004727528.html?__twitter_impression=true

Records for “antifa.com” in the domain name database Whoisology.com show the site was registered in the Russian Federation from 2013 through last July. Starting last November, the site’s registration was moved to Panama, The website has always been anonymously registered and its owners could not be reached for comment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

9 hours ago, Braintree said:

That's actually one of the main problems in American politics. Most people are focused on the presidential election and don't vote in local, state, or congressional elections. That's how the olds how more influence than the yoots.

You gotta convince the zeffs of the world. I tried to tell him that exact same thing. Voting in municipal/county/state elections has a huge impact on the direction policies can take - and turnout is so low at those types of elections, you could literally swing them with a few thousand votes.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Braintree said:

The problem is that in the past few decades, democracy has been eroded in an unprecedented way. Democracy was replaced by the illusion of democracy, free public debate by opinion and indignation management, the guiding ideal of the responsible citizen by that of the politically apathetic consumer. Elections now play practically no role in fundamental political issues. The important political decisions are made by politico-economic groups that are neither democratically legitimised nor democratically accountable. The destructive ecological, social and psychological consequences of this form of elite rule are increasingly threatening society and livelihoods in America and worldwide.

• Like 1

He called into the Sean Hannity show last night. For the very first question, Hannity set him up with a softball about Kamala Harris and Joe Biden, finishing by saying "Your reaction to her attacks on him on the issue of race?"

Here's an exact transcript of Trump's answer, which took two minutes and forty seconds:

Trump's a mook.

Edited by dcom

4 hours ago, dingformung said:

The problem is that in the past few decades, democracy has been eroded in an unprecedented way. Democracy was replaced by the illusion of democracy, free public debate by opinion and indignation management, the guiding ideal of the responsible citizen by that of the politically apathetic consumer. Elections now play practically no role in fundamental political issues. The important political decisions are made by politico-economic groups that are neither democratically legitimised nor democratically accountable. The destructive ecological, social and psychological consequences of this form of elite rule are increasingly threatening society and livelihoods in America and worldwide.

Sounds like you forgot Trump won the election in 2016. Despite what the political establishment wanted. That in itself should raise the alarm. Perhaps your argument is not as strong as it appears to be? (if it appears that way, that is. but i'm sure there's plenty people who would agree)

Vote motherfuckers. The problem is that too many people don't vote. Perhaps start with personal responsibility before pointing fingers towards abstract strawmen and other *isms. I think people are way too quick to point fingers. It's easier that way to ignore your personal responsibility. Which, ironically, Trump voters seem to be very good at.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, goDel said:

And state level, and city, local / county

4 minutes ago, bendish said:

goddamn it that was actually kind of funny

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joshuatxuk said:

And state level, and city, local / county

goddamn it that was actually kind of funny

its the level of his brain and probably that of his voters too - imagine voting for him off that rather than seeing all the covid deaths and unemployment and social unrest and saying yea sure - campaign adverts are so stupid.

31 minutes ago, Blir said:

I hate myself for finding that so funny

Ironic how shitty and low-budget the animation looks. No effort whatsoever was put into lighting or shaders.

Also they missed an opportunity at the end to spell something funny/insulting as the letters fell off.

I give the idea a C- and the execution a D+.

9 hours ago, dingformung said:

If you're one of these 'voting doesn't matter' people then you are the problem. One of the other major problems with American democracy is that it's a pay-to-play model. That's more of a symptom of capitalism than the democracy itself.

• Like 3