IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

are you being sarcastic? of course Harris is eligible to be vice president. she's from oakland right? natural born citizen. 

all this fake drama about the press etc is just nonsense. 

also, i think as for 'if trump is in trouble' nah.. this seems like a move to unload all the data/reports etc far enough before the election to see if any of it gets traction to use as ammo against him.. or perhaps convince a handful of voters here and there who are somehow undecided and can't figure out what issues are actually important to them. 

i listened to an interview w/some get out the vote people this morning who are going out into places that voted against democrats but were kinda on the fence. the worker who gos out into neighborhoods and knocks on doors went into some details about various conversations she had.. one woman she spoke with ran a small dairy farm and voted for trump in 2016 thinking he'd be the voice for small farms like hers and she was sad to find out that as time went on he only helped out the mega corporate farms etc. the conversation apparently lasted quite a while and eventually got down to what issue was actually important enough to make it more than a coin toss vote for her.. for whatever reasons she didn't trust democrats. so, it came down to healthcare. the woman's health insurance for her family was around $2000 a month. she said she hadn't been to a doctor in years because she was afraid of the bills etc even though shad insurance. so, they had a discussion about the plans of each candidate.. of the 2 candidates trump doesn't have one. there was some discussion about the early lives of each candidate and all that and the woman decided she was going to vote for biden. 

not sure what the point of relaying all that was.. just was in my head. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, very honest said:

the DOJ and the senate are corrupted and compromised so trump is unchecked and he is presently carrying out a major operation to bust out the election.

well that sucks.

• Like 1

“IT LOOKS LIKE THEY’RE TARGETING BLUE URBAN AREAS”: NEW POSTAL SERVICE PLAN IS SETTING OFF ELECTION ALARMS

Called the Expedited to Street/Afternoon Sortation (ESAS) program, the initiative, launched by the post office on July 25, focuses on more than 1,200 zip codes zones around the country. A description of the new plan, outlined in the trade publication Postal Times, caught McKean’s eye because of the way it would shake up long-standing procedures. According to McKean, these include how mail carriers have typically started their day by prioritizing the delivery of important pieces—first-class letters, payments, packages, bills, and, yes, vote-by-mail applications and mail-in ballots—before they head out on their routes. Then, after they return from their rounds, they process less-critical mail, which is typically delivered the next day. Under the ESAS plan, however, certain post offices have begun testing the practice of leaving all sorting until the afternoon—a change that postal officials said was intended to get mail carriers out on the street faster.

The real impact, according to McKean, could be delays in mail delivery in some areas of one to several days—a critical lag during a presidential contest in which ballots in many statesmust be received by election day. Such delays had also alarmed the president of the American Postal Workers Union, Mark Dimondstein, who told The Intercept, “These are changes aimed at changing the entire culture of USPS. The culture I grew up with, and of generations before me, is that you never leave mail behind. You serve the customer, you get mail to the customer. Prompt, reliable, and efficient.” Another postal workers’ union, the National Association of Letter Carriers, filed an official grievance that claims the ESAS program violates labor agreements that don’t allow post office management to make unilateral changes like this, as well as standards about how mail is sorted and prioritized by postal carriers.

When the new policy was announced last month, McKean, age 62 and living in a small town in northeastern Oregon, became concerned. McKean, it so happens, is also a researcher for investigative reporter Peter Lance, who has written for Vanity Fair, and is accustomed to sussing out details and making connections that others might miss. Alarmed by what she saw as potential delivery slowdowns, she perused the list of designated sites and their zip codes and began to see a pattern: that the tests were being conducted in areas that affected more residents in urban centers than those in smaller towns and rural households. This suggested a possible political tilt, given the voting patterns of people living in large cities versus small towns.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/08/new-postal-service-plan-is-setting-off-election-alarms

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brisbot said:

I haven't seen a single person say they like Trump on here. I'm sure a few exist, but they're few and far between enough that I never see them.

There was 714681746476436. The guy who didn't know the difference between a 2600 and an Odyssey.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Braintree said:

There was 714681746476436. The guy who didn't know the difference between a 2600 and an Odyssey.

So if I'm right, he defended an anti-semitic joke, then said men have more responsibility than women? Alt-righter I presume?

I just wonder if the joke was meant to be anti-semetic, or just very unfortunate that it appears that way when he was just trying to say the critic 'stinks'. Either way, very stupid thing to do. And a stupid thing to defend.

Edited by Brisbot

also,

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/21/trump-black-voters-turnout-2016-398520

‘It was great’: In leaked audio, Trump hailed low Black turnout in 2016

The president acknowledged in a 2017 meeting with civil rights leaders that he benefited from Black voters staying home.

6 hours ago, Brisbot said:

I haven't seen a single person say they like Trump on here. I'm sure a few exist, but they're few and far between enough that I never see them.

Pretty sure I've seen at least three since he was inaugurated, including a (former) moderator. One member was banned last year for being a blatant troll if I remember right.

1 hour ago, Brisbot said:

So if I'm right, he defended an anti-semitic joke, then said men have more responsibility than women? Alt-righter I presume?

I just wonder if the joke was meant to be anti-semetic, or just very unfortunate that it appears that way when he was just trying to say the critic 'stinks'. Either way, very stupid thing to do. And a stupid thing to defend.

he was the manliest man on watmm

yes, especially the best men at the top of the man hierarchy. Some of them have bullshit levels off the charts - to where reality itself seems to bend to their will. At least until the past few years anyway.

There was a mod, delet... that went on some Trump supporting rant and I was like wtf you are from Australia why is this uniquely American retardation even appealing to you? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/22/2020 at 3:09 PM, Rubin Farr said:

This pretty much sums up the Republican’t party in 2020

F3C89C72-1029-49F4-BADE-FD53B84499E3.jpeg

I'm all for making fun of idiot republicans who vote for Trump, but that is such a blatant fake.

1amn45skxmu41.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1

4 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

These fuck nuts are gonna speak at the GOP convention, I guess because they embody the republican tenants of white fear and shopping at Brooks Brothers?

E08A76F1-94D1-422F-851A-9040C45B7A25.jpeg

everyone politely avoids making the observation that the right closely overlaps with demographics of descendants of slave owners.

i don't think it's a coincidence that we are up against a batshit population currently, and they were a batshit population back then

Edited by very honest

5 hours ago, Candiru said:

There was a mod, delet... that went on some Trump supporting rant and I was like wtf you are from Australia why is this uniquely American retardation even appealing to you? 

Yeah he's the one. Being a Queenslander might have something to do with it.

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

These fuck nuts are gonna speak at the GOP convention, I guess because they embody the republican tenants of white fear and shopping at Brooks Brothers?

E08A76F1-94D1-422F-851A-9040C45B7A25.jpeg

Let them. More shame ammo to use against them once Tangerine Nero is out.

• Like 1

By this point they should just go for a KKK march and festive lynching, hanging and cross burning, because the GOP have gone completely off the rails as evil super villains anyway. No need to hide their most vile and disgusting traits, now this is their main selling point.

• Like 3

this shit is going to be weird. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-to-speak-all-4-nights-rnc-convention-report-2020-8

Donald Trump is to speak on all 4 nights of the RNC, and his family will take up half of the keynote speaker spots

President Donald Trump will speak on all four nights of next week's Republican National Convention, breaking with the longstanding tradition limiting the party's presidential candidate to one big acceptance speech on the last night of the event, The New York Times reported. 

Trump will speak at the RNC's first-ever virtual event every night in a prime-time 10pm slot, reported the Times. The party plans are being coordinated by two former Apprentice producers who hope to eclipse the DNC's first virtual convention last week. Trump was the show's host for the first fourteen seasons, and the show's popularity gave him a national profile and contributed to his rise to the presidency.

According to Politico, Trump believes that last week's DNC event was too "gloomy," and wants a more upbeat tone for the GOP conference.