IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

nice, rubin.

got me on a steadman tear

Screen_Shot_2016-06-30_at_12.12.52_1024x

Ralph Steadman: 'Trump is a lout. He's a godawful disgrace to humanity'

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/nov/01/ralph-steadman-interview-hunter-s-thompson-illustrator-retrospective-exhibition

from 2017 though. seems we've entered a later phase, post-baby-trump. now he has tasted blood and decided that we are forcing him to break the place.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Brisbot said:

I still don't understand how Trump gets away with everything. Everyone around him could go to jail for one reason or another, but not him

because of those fucks in the senate. only way to get rid of a sitting president and hold him accountable for his criminal behavior is through congress. he was impeached by the house, but mitch, pence, and the rest of those R clowns got his back, so he has free reign to just keep on keepin on.

it'd be nice if he was voted out in a few months, but can't say with much confidence this is a sure thing. once he's out, I'm sure there will be a few half assed attempts to charge him with something, but those are all going to get dragged out in the courts for years. by then he'll be well into in his eighties, fully senile, and will pull the "not mentally able to stand trial" con, or some shit like that.

16 hours ago, Brisbot said:

I still don't understand how Trump gets away with everything. Everyone around him could go to jail for one reason or another, but not him

I think basically most people are just beaten down by the idea that people in power don't get punished. It's a sorry state of affairs. Trump's comment that he could shoot somebody in the street and get away with it was more or less correct. I mean he would be punished but it would be to a far lesser degree than any normal person.

It sets a bad precedent for the future IMO. I worry that Trump will leave power and not face any comeuppance for any of his indiscretions, which will leave the door open for more of his type in future. Average people have become so polarized against each other that we just kind of let people in power do what they want now.

Edited by Blir
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Blir said:

I worry that Trump will leave power

I wouldn't worry about that Guv', dickhead's not leaving anything.  In the event all their election tampering still doesn't work, it'll be nothing but kicking and screaming, flinging feces everywhere, 'insurrection act' mobilization of goons abetted by Huckleberry Hound Barr, etc.  Be prepared for ugly, and the media acting all horrified and surprised 'n shit.  It's been demonstrated beyond scientific and legal proof that nothing is too low for this bleach-rim asshole, including starting another civil war need be.  Maybe we see a peaceful transfer of power with a lil' unicorn magic.

• Like 1

Disloyal: A Memoir: The True Story of the Former Personal Attorney to President Donald J. Trump: The Book that No One Really Asked for but is Clearly Motivated to Make Money for the Author because He's Mad About Being Publicly Shamed for Being the Shitty Person Who Worked for Other Shitty People: The Book: The Book with Too Many Fucking Subtitles: The Duh: The Why Do we Need to Read This: Or, How I Learned to Stop Caring about this Shit Because My Neighbors in Rural America Are Still Posting Their TRUMP/PENCE Signs All Over the Fucking Place and America Is Totally Going to Violently Tear Itself to Pieces if Trump is Reelected (90% Probability) or Isn't

By Michael Cohen

• Like 2

I've been saying something similar to that for years - the constant media/press coverage of every stupid thing he does is largely to blame. donnie's in narcissist heaven, spotlight is on him 24/7. 

• Like 2

Oh, it's a fair point. The problem is, I've seen media analysts say things in 2015 like "You know, by giving him this attention, we're probably increasing his likelihood of getting elected", and yet they go on to talk about him at length, giving him airtime. If he was so laughable and dangerous, they should have done their duty and focus on what's in the public's interest, not in what the public is interested in. It's the fundamental problem of a press that cares about making money in the first place. Part of the reason that public media (NPR and PBS, e.g.) is somewhat better, though not too much better. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, apriorion said:

Oh, it's a fair point. The problem is, I've seen media analysts say things in 2015 like "You know, by giving him this attention, we're probably increasing his likelihood of getting elected", and yet they go on to talk about him at length, giving him airtime. If he was so laughable and dangerous, they should have done their duty and focus on what's in the public's interest, not in what the public is interested in. It's the fundamental problem of a press that cares about making money in the first place. Part of the reason that public media (NPR and PBS, e.g.) is somewhat better, though not too much better. 

there was an award show a couple years ago and the NBC guy who did the Apprentice was there in the audience and the host of the show called him out and straight up blamed him for giving us donald trump and presenting him as a business man etc.. bringing him into our homes and all that. it was a nice moment but not really of consequence. 

it would be nice if the trump tapes from the apprentice came out.. though i'm sure he'd just deny what is on them or something.. apparently he sayin all kinds of racist shit on set and using the N word etc. 

none of it seems to matter though. his base doesn't care and religious evangelicals make every excuse to keep supporting him.

i would be 100% ok w/his entire family getting the romanov treatment.. maybe let baron live but the rest need to have a group photo taken in the basement. they're all horrible people and we need to be rid of them. even if trump loses and leaves office w/o any drama.. we won't be rid of him or his followers. he's going to be around until he dies.. he'll start a far right network that is like Qanon + foxnews + 700 club etc and the racist vitriol and craziness will continue. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ignatius said:

there was an award show a couple years ago and the NBC guy who did the Apprentice was there in the audience and the host of the show called him out and straight up blamed him for giving us donald trump and presenting him as a business man etc.. bringing him into our homes and all that. it was a nice moment but not really of consequence. 

it would be nice if the trump tapes from the apprentice came out.. though i'm sure he'd just deny what is on them or something.. apparently he sayin all kinds of racist shit on set and using the N word etc. 

none of it seems to matter though. his base doesn't care and religious evangelicals make every excuse to keep supporting him.

i would be 100% ok w/his entire family getting the romanov treatment.. maybe let baron live but the rest need to have a group photo taken in the basement. they're all horrible people and we need to be rid of them. even if trump loses and leaves office w/o any drama.. we won't be rid of him or his followers. he's going to be around until he dies.. he'll start a far right network that is like Qanon + foxnews + 700 club etc and the racist vitriol and craziness will continue. 

mary trump said she heard him use the n word. 43% approval rating. 

yeah it's an interesting point about how it won't be over and i've thought about that. but i hope it will be over and we can be like the sane countries. i think we just need to patrol each other and help people who need it. it's really just a lot of dumb shit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, very honest said:

mary trump said she heard him use the n word. 43% approval rating. 

yeah it's an interesting point about how it won't be over and i've thought about that. but i hope it will be over and we can be like the sane countries. i think we just need to patrol each other and help people who need it. it's really just a lot of dumb shit.

the division via social media echo chambers isn't gonna end. nor will russian operations to manipulate it all. facebook is pretty bad for democracy. we'll need some big changes to get through it all even if trump loses and leaves w/o drama. 

and who knows what the future will bring in regards to disasters, pandemics, financial collapses etc. america is fucked up and needs a $trillion infrastructure bill and reprioritizing of the budget.

• Like 1

you're right. maybe the russian machines will shut off one day. if we get the blue wave we deserve, they could end the electoral college and do good healthcare and weed and all that. it just seems like the sane thing to happen, people are pushing for it. it's just a matter of spreading the information. the information is all out there. it just doesn't reach the people. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, very honest said:

you're right. maybe the russian machines will shut off one day. if we get the blue wave we deserve, they could end the electoral college and do good healthcare and weed and all that. it just seems like the sane thing to happen, people are pushing for it. it's just a matter of spreading the information. the information is all out there. it just doesn't reach the people. 

There are plenty of R shitbags in Congress who have been empowered by him, and I'm afraid that if orange blob loses they'll try to usher in someone similar in the next election cycle while shouting and pitching fits for four years lest we forget about them or try to marginalize them.

I have a feeling that most of these crazies we're seeing at Trump rallies are people who never used to vote because there weren't candidates racist / stupid / populist enough to suit them.  Trump was able to mobilize these people into voting and I think that's a big reason of why he won.  I am hoping that if we get even a moderate blue wave and things die down a little, these people will crawl back into their homes and bemoan the system from afar without actively participating, leaving the voting pool to the mostly responsible people on both sides.  However, that will partially depend on what sort of media connections and groups they've made in the past four years and how long that continues in the future.

• Like 2

On 9/15/2020 at 11:57 AM, Nebraska said:

big T teaches schools a (paid) "scientist" on how science doesn't know anything

Does he say "that's great" after learning that America set a world record for temperature?

23 hours ago, ignatius said:

That's the most North Korean sounding thing I've heard since the last time I was in North Korea.

• Like 2