IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

31 minutes ago, mycospherologyst said:

should people abandon the label antifa then to pull the rug out, OR get celebs to say, 'I am antifa' say beyonce, 'I am antifa'? which is the best way forward?

what? no one was using the term. barr was the first one to bring it up, 5 days after george floyd died, as though anti-fascists were driving the george floyd protests. it was yet another moment when the writing in this show is bad. it was a very obvious and crude move, on barr's part, but the administration operates under the darkness of the idiocy of the dumbest 40%.

barr spoke of antifa in the context of terrorist activity. here's the final paragraph from barr's may 31 DOJ statement, titled Attorney General William P. Barr's Statement on Riots and Domestic Terrorism

The violence instigated and carried out by Antifa and other similar groups in connection with the rioting is domestic terrorism and will be treated accordingly.

one of the suspicious things is that it would be incredibly easy for a nefarious DOJ to label anyone they wanted antifa. barr defines the word in a perfectly nondescript way. it basically means nothing, but it wouldn't take much for a barr doj to label you as associated with antifa terrorism.

here's barr describing, in his own words, what he's talking about when he refers to antifa. (timestamp 45s)

Edited by very honest

On 9/23/2020 at 1:31 AM, Braintree said:

A system that is supposed to create fairness but requires integrity to make it work is a bad system.

parasites exploit immunological loop-holes. they remain parasites, hark, that noise, is it the rumble of t-cells assembling..

On 9/23/2020 at 9:38 AM, rhmilo said:

Interesting. 

FWIW in my home country the constitution explicitly forbids judicial review of laws enacted by parliament. The reasoning is  parliamentarians are elected and judges are not and the former therefore trump the latter.

hence forth the phrase 'trump' is as acceptable as i 'hitlered' that art exam

On 9/23/2020 at 6:18 PM, ignatius said:

this kind of thing has got people's anxiety working overtime. it's a kind of psyops even if true or likely. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/11/what-if-trump-refuses-concede/616424/

a mexican stand-off if you will

On 9/23/2020 at 6:38 PM, very honest said:

all because people don't want to take responsibility for checking information

if you dont take the time to check were your food or clothes come from, heck way they gonna check where there 'truth' comes from

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, mycospherologyst said:

a mexican stand-off if you will

if you dont take the time to check were your food or clothes come from, heck way they gonna check where there 'truth' comes from

this coke? from sustainable farms in patagonia..where every oompa loompa gets union rates..

Any Barrett is a member of the People of Praise, great.  The Republican “party” seems to have learned from Fox News to run with candidates that are somewhat pretty on the outside, and vile on the inside.  Tucker Carlson though looks like a total child molester.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-barrett-religion-idUSKCN26D2RR

21 hours ago, ignatius said:

pink hair. case closed. rabid radical-leftwing lgbtqi+ american-hating communist drug-dealing menstruating bleedin heart virtue signalling mexican forest unraking non-nuclear weapon holding stranger-loving democracy-valuing loser

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, very honest said:

what? no one was using the term. barr was the first one to bring it up, 5 days after george floyd died, as though anti-fascists were driving the george floyd protests. it was yet another moment when the writing in this show is bad. it was a very obvious and crude move, on barr's part, but the administration operates under the darkness of the idiocy of the dumbest 40%.

barr spoke of antifa in the context of terrorist activity. here's the final paragraph from barr's may 31 DOJ statement, titled Attorney General William P. Barr's Statement on Riots and Domestic Terrorism

one of the suspicious things is that it would be incredibly easy for a nefarious DOJ to label anyone they wanted antifa. barr defines the word in a perfectly nondescript way. it basically means nothing, but it wouldn't take much for a barr doj to label you as associated with antifa terrorism.

here's barr describing, in his own words, what he's talking about when he refers to antifa. (timestamp 45s)

refuse all labels. 'i know you are, but what am i?'

On 9/20/2020 at 11:32 AM, Nebraska said:

lots of level headed patriots giving their 2cents if biden becomes dictator

1:50 is the most frustrating, there's a few MAGA folks like this who are actually motivated by the naïve deluded idea that they are helping. While I can appreciate that sentiment over the more typical "own the libs" reactionary zeal it's also incredibly ignorant and self-serving. 2:07 is a fair take. I don't mind the "I'll move to Panama" take either, but it's incredibly privileged. The rest the same incredible projection and weird emboldened "we're helping this country" nonsense. These folks are fairly tame and that's saying a lot.

is there another example in history / literature / media where a rich, completely out of touch, born with a silver spoon up his ass king surrounds himself with an army of lower class peasants, and tricks them into doing his bidding and believing that he is some sort of god level deity? I could've sworn I've read this type of story before...or maybe seen it in a TV show. The Island of Dr. Moreau is a close one, but there's got to be something better than that.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, zero said:

is there another example in history / literature / media where a rich, completely out of touch, born with a silver spoon up his ass king surrounds himself with an army of lower class peasants, and tricks them into doing his bidding and believing that he is some sort of god level deity? I could've sworn I've read this type of story before...or maybe seen it in a TV show. The Island of Dr. Moreau is a close one, but there's got to be something better than that.

Isn't this what all these televangelist types are up to?

edit: well, maybe not always the silver spoon part, but the mechanisms seem to be the same.

Edited by Silent Member

9 hours ago, nikisoko said:

The emperor has no clothes... right? Or too obvious? Nero was another example that comes up a lot

yeah I suppose Nero would be a close fit to what I was thinking. or probably any dictator's life story would fit with the "mad king with a peasant army" thing.

and if we are watching a modern day Nero story, then the next act in the play should be donnie setting fire to the white house and blaming the dems for it.

4 hours ago, zero said:

and if we are watching a modern day Nero story, then the next act in the play should be donnie setting fire to the white house and blaming the dems for it.

And then having a 1990s CD burning software named after him :dadjoke:

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

50 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

big T already filling that empty SCOTUS seat with a MAGA pick

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

and here I was hoping he would go with a wild card pick and nominate Judge Judy for the seat

this is just further proof that the part of the brain in which all rational thinking occurs is completely turned off in all R senators...it is purely animalistic shirts vs. skins, us vs. them, with no one stopping to ask why...like a bunch of dogs whipped up into a frenzy, coke heads being taunted with an eightball, none of them are thinking rationally...they are only interested in what stupid fucking nonsensical task their shit for brains owner has dropped in front of them...

I hate always siding with the Dems, because I try and remain as impartial as possible when it comes to politics, but jesus fucking christ the Republicans have turned themselves into the perpetual "bad guys" in every way possible. How can anyone in their right mind agree that the way they are acting is in someway beneficial for the majority of the people that will feel the effects of their close minded, self congratulatory decisions?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, zero said:

...the way they are acting is in someway beneficial for the majority of the people that will feel the effects of their close minded, self congratulatory decisions?

There's your problem.

I keep going back to my theory that the base motivation for most Republicans/conservatives is selfishness and the base motivation for most Democrats/liberals is selflessness.  When one side is selfish as hell and the other side says hey guys why aren't you respecting the system, this will keep on happening.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2020 at 9:59 AM, very honest said:

antifa is a widely used ideological term, media labeling doesn't really mean much, the left is picking up in recent years because of Bernie, after decades of it being dead since things like the Seattle WTO Protests and Occupy Wall Street. 

11 hours ago, zero said:

this is just further proof that the part of the brain in which all rational thinking occurs is completely turned off in all R senators...it is purely animalistic shirts vs. skins, us vs. them, with no one stopping to ask why...like a bunch of dogs whipped up into a frenzy, coke heads being taunted with an eightball, none of them are thinking rationally...they are only interested in what stupid fucking nonsensical task their shit for brains owner has dropped in front of them...

I hate always siding with the Dems, because I try and remain as impartial as possible when it comes to politics, but jesus fucking christ the Republicans have turned themselves into the perpetual "bad guys" in every way possible. How can anyone in their right mind agree that the way they are acting is in someway beneficial for the majority of the people that will feel the effects of their close minded, self congratulatory decisions?

itspast this, its a class struggle not a debate anymore