IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

42 minutes ago, azatoth said:

The only thing that matters now to the conservatives is to 'own the libs' and make them mad. They would cut their dicks off if it made liberals mad.

This should be the platform Biden should run on.  He should tell everyone to NOT cut their dicks off.  Conservatives would go all FUUUU and cut their dicks off, thus cleaning up the future gene pool a little bit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Braintree said:

I would maintain that there was some background fuckery afoot. Buttigieg and Klobuchar dropping out at the same time, plus some other pivotal moments really made it look like they had it out for Bernie. It appeared as though there was some kind of strategy.

the dnc is a small entity of like a dozen people who mainly orchestrate party event logistics. pete was polling abysmally in super tuesday states and dropped out right before, which saved him some face, as a politician. klobuchar, by late february, had virtually no path to victory. there were always too many people and it made sense for some to drop out, at that point.

for a couple weeks, before SC and after NV, everyone was getting ready for bernie to have the nom. before SC and super tuesday, the country was looking at what fivethirtyeight called the most likely scenario upon arriving at the convention: a contested convention, no candidate reaching the threshold, but with bernie having the most delegates. this may have accounted for some of the surge in SC and super tuesday. it came down to bernie and not bernie. not everyone is crazy about bernie. a lot of people didn't want him to have the nom.

4 minutes ago, very honest said:

the dnc is a small entity of like a dozen people who mainly orchestrate party event logistics. pete was polling abysmally in super tuesday states and dropped out right before, which saved him some face, as a politician. klobuchar, by late february, had virtually no path to victory. there were always too many people and it made sense for some to drop out, at that point.

for a couple weeks, before SC and after NV, everyone was getting ready for bernie to have the nom. before SC and super tuesday, the country was looking at what fivethirtyeight called the most likely scenario upon arriving at the convention: a contested convention, no candidate reaching the threshold, but with bernie having the most delegates. this may have accounted for some of the surge in SC and super tuesday. it came down to bernie and not bernie. not everyone is crazy about bernie. a lot of people didn't want him to have the nom.

The DNC is a whole lot more than that. And what I'm saying is that they appeared to have a strategy for some candidates to drop out and endorse, strategically timed, to give the impression that Biden would be the guy best suited to perform against Trump, in spite of most Americans preferring a more progressive agenda. "Hey this guy has most of the endorsements from the other candidates so he looks like he could win." Even though most people don't really believe in him. The DNC effectively stacked the deck against progressives.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Braintree said:

The DNC is a whole lot more than that. And what I'm saying is that they appeared to have a strategy for some candidates to drop out and endorse, strategically timed, to give the impression that Biden would be the guy best suited to perform against Trump, in spite of most Americans preferring a more progressive agenda. "Hey this guy has most of the endorsements from the other candidates so he looks like he could win." Even though most people don't really believe in him. The DNC effectively stacked the deck against progressives.

it sounds like you admit that you're making an assumption. i don't think the conclusion is strongly supported by the premises.

I don't much care for Biden and some of his stances on issues, but will be voting for him because he is not Trump. I am disappointed that there isn't a better dem candidate, and can't believe that after the 2016 disaster there wasn't some sort of "all hands on deck" movement within the party to find someone more appealing. or maybe there was and no one wanted to jump in, due to the toxicity donald has now brought to the job title of POTUS.

as for the debates tonight - whenever I listen to trump it usually starts with laughing at him, before turning to anger/disgust, before turning it off...so not sure how long I'll last. plus, it'll just be all the same old unhinged commentary from him we've heard a million times before. if he doesn't touch on one of the following, I'll be shocked - hillary's emails, Obama spied, witch hunt, no collusion, fake news, chinese hoax, blah blah blah

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, very honest said:

it sounds like you admit that you're making an assumption. i don't think the conclusion is strongly supported by the premises.

I'm speculating, but so are you. And we have a pretty solid history to reference to see that the DNC is suspect as hell.

17 minutes ago, zero said:

I don't much care for Biden and some of his stances on issues, but will be voting for him because he is not Trump. I am disappointed that there isn't a better dem candidate, and can't believe that after the 2016 disaster there wasn't some sort of "all hands on deck" movement within the party to find someone more appealing. or maybe there was and no one wanted to jump in, due to the toxicity donald has now brought to the job title of POTUS.

as for the debates tonight - whenever I listen to trump it usually starts with laughing at him, before turning to anger/disgust, before turning it off...so not sure how long I'll last. plus, it'll just be all the same old unhinged commentary from him we've heard a million times before. if he doesn't touch on one of the following, I'll be shocked - hillary's emails, Obama spied, witch hunt, no collusion, fake news, chinese hoax, blah blah blah

most dem voters' top issue is trump. and a lot of people supported biden because they thought he was the one who would beat trump. so, not only do we have a huge, diverse country to make this collective choice with, but most people are thinking about what they think most people are going to think... 

i like biden. i think this is an interesting course of events that could produce an unsually humble, normal kind of guy as president. 

Edited by very honest

1 hour ago, Braintree said:

I'm speculating, but so are you. And we have a pretty solid history to reference to see that the DNC is suspect as hell.

well, when the russian secret services literally hack huge political entities, and selectively dump personal correspondences strategically, that is cause to question whether it is representative.

bernie lost by 20 points in 2016. final delegate count was 2,842 to 1,865. getting a debate question early and a few other things made the difference? devilish corruption?

russia hacked the dnc and the rnc and dumped dnc emails angering bernie supporters on jul 22, 3 days before the democrat convention. bernie's convention speech was palpably resentful, and the bernie supporters carried that sentiment to voting day, achieving the russian objective.

if one hacked the emails of big organizations and selectively dumped them, they could conjure a picture that is not representative.

Edited by very honest

1 hour ago, very honest said:

well, when the russian secret services literally hack huge political entities, and selectively dump personal correspondences strategically, that is cause to question whether it is representative.

bernie lost by 20 points in 2016. final delegate count was 2,842 to 1,865. getting a debate question early and a few other things made the difference? devilish corruption?

russia hacked the dnc and the rnc and dumped dnc emails angering bernie supporters on jul 22, 3 days before the democrat convention. bernie's convention speech was palpably resentful, and the bernie supporters carried that sentiment to voting day, achieving the russian objective.

if one hacked the emails of big organizations and selectively dumped them, they could conjure a picture that is not representative.

The argument that you started with was that the criticism of the DNC possibly colluding to favor a particular candidate in the 2020 primary race is a Russian propaganda campaign.

My argument is that the DNC has pulled some shady shit in the past and I wouldn't be surprised to find certain members communicating and strategizing in order to hinder other candidates.

Does the Wall Street Journal count as a Russian propaganda machine? Because they talk about it openly that certain candidates dropped out to favor others. My only addendum to this is that the DNC doesn't have to break any rules to favor anyone in this way, although their actions may not be ethical. The fact that they're filled with centrists/moderates blatantly means the decisions they make will favor certain candidates. So did the DNC help strategize with candidates to hinder other candidates? There's no real evidence, but I'm not huddled in my basement with a tinfoil hat clutching to any news article that favors my hypothesis.

However, you should be comfortable with the fact that not every criticism of the Democratic party means it comes from Russia or the Republicans.

Christ almighty, you guys spend so much of your time with speculation on this board, I'm surprised you're even offended by what I'm saying.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Braintree said:

The argument that you started with was that the criticism of the DNC possibly colluding to favor a particular candidate in the 2020 primary race is a Russian propaganda campaign.

My argument is that the DNC has pulled some shady shit in the past and I wouldn't be surprised to find certain members communicating and strategizing in order to hinder other candidates.

Does the Wall Street Journal count as a Russian propaganda machine? Because they talk about it openly that certain candidates dropped out to favor others. My only addendum to this is that the DNC doesn't have to break any rules to favor anyone in this way, although their actions may not be ethical. The fact that they're filled with centrists/moderates blatantly means the decisions they make will favor certain candidates. So did the DNC help strategize with candidates to hinder other candidates? There's no real evidence, but I'm not huddled in my basement with a tinfoil hat clutching to any news article that favors my hypothesis.

However, you should be comfortable with the fact that not every criticism of the Democratic party means it comes from Russia or the Republicans.

Christ almighty, you guys spend so much of your time with speculation on this board, I'm surprised you're even offended by what I'm saying.

a candidate endorsing someone and acting to support them is not nefarious, and it is an act of the individual, not the dnc. 

i didn't say only russian propagandists push narratives that they push.

Edited by very honest

1 hour ago, Brisbot said:

I dislike the DNC, however I dislike the RNC about 10 times more.

Correct.  Time to wake up and realize these entities have basically both become crime syndicates, locked in a turf war to serve the needs of their constituents oligarch backers.  In this game anyone with 1/2 a moral compass has to back the lesser of two evils, and there seems to be no bottom to the depths of depravity the Rs are willing to go.  We're all just slumming up in the projects where the turf war is going down.

President Donald Trump’s campaign still won’t clarify the status of its erstwhile campaign manager Brad Parscale, who was taken into custody by police outside of his Florida home over the weekend. But the campaign is quietly purging its website of Parscale’s visage.

Since Tuesday, the campaign has removed a video of Parscale from the homepage of its “Army for Trump” election monitoring operation. It also deleted a page on the main campaign website featuring a video of Parscale and Lara Trump, the president’s daughter-in-law and senior campaign adviser.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-trump-campaign-is-quietly-disappearing-brad-parscale-from-their-website

big T is too busy winning to baby sit "the based viking" and his mounting problems

On 9/29/2020 at 2:39 PM, very honest said:

most dem voters' top issue is trump. and a lot of people supported biden because they thought he was the one who would beat trump. so, not only do we have a huge, diverse country to make this collective choice with, but most people are thinking about what they think most people are going to think... 

i like biden. i think this is an interesting course of events that could produce an unsually humble, normal kind of guy as president. 

biden is an unusually humble normal guy?

i cant read this shit im going to kill myself

yeah, my take is that biden is a humble guy. and yeah, what i was saying was that he's more of a normal type than a slimey, manipulative politician type. he was known for being one of the senators with the lowest income. mitch mcconnell pulls in over 2 mil per year, but biden as senator was pulling in a couple hundred thousand, basic senator salary level.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, very honest said:

yeah, my take is that biden is a humble guy. and yeah, what i was saying was more of a normal type than a slimey, manipulative politician type. he was known for being one of the senators with the lowest income. mitch mcconnell pulls in over 2 mil per year, but biden as senator was pulling in a couple hundred thousand, basic senator salary level.

That makes him a hero and a humble guy? Lol. That logic makes no sense to me, to be honest.

I mean, I sort of get your take. Now that it's either Biden or Trump you go all the way Biden and support him whole-heartedly and with all your passion, ignoring the fact that Biden is as bad of a politician as Obama was, maybe even worse. A generic lukewarm moderate right-wing politican who will try to avoid any real change by all means and lead a bunch of questionable wars. But at least he is not Trump.

Inshallah he will be elected. Alhamdulillah his chances are good. May God watch over him and give him the strength to crush his enemies. Ma’a salama.

• Facepalm 1

i hope in the next debate, if trump acts like a bratty toddler again, that biden treats him like one. asks him he needs a timeout.. "hey Donald you seem upset. Maybe you need a timeout.. or a hamberder" or e just tells him to "save your blathering nonsense for twitter".

the door is wide open for such zingers if it seems appropriate. "ah, shut up man" is a good start though. 

10 minutes ago, dingformung said:

That makes him a hero and a humble guy? Lol. That logic makes no sense to me, to be honest.

I mean, I sort of get your take. Now that it's either Biden or Trump you go all the way Biden and support him whole-heartedly and with all your passion, ignoring the fact that Biden is as bad of a politician as Obama was, maybe even worse. A generic lukewarm moderate right-wing politican who will try to avoid any real change by all means and lead a bunch of questionable wars. But at least he is not Trump.

Inshallah he will be elected. Alhamdulillah his chances are good. May God watch over him and give him the strength to crush his enemies. Ma’a salama.

i was not making an argument that he's a humble guy, i was just stating that it's my take.

the other thing i said was a piece of history meant to illustrate the kind of guy he is: not in politics for enrichment. he was in it for the representative democracy part. i was trying to draw a contrast between this character type and the different character type that is commonly found in politics, the hawkish, sly opportunist. my point was that he seems like more of a government geek than one of those.

Edited by very honest