IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

20 minutes ago, very honest said:

one thing we're learning is that "the media" can't do everything. there are only so many good journalists, and their publishers are hamstrung by fear of lawsuit. the big voices are not calling things what they are. we are learning, the hard way, that the public forum must lift some of the weight. 

i think what's happening is there's just so much of this they don't want to give air to all of it because it inadvertently promotes the idea. covering a few quacks or mentioning what they said over and over isn't going to do any good. i think we'll see mike flynn at least mentioned on the evening news and probably MSNBC will jump in and talk about it on various shows. 

every night and every day on all outlets "the president's unconfirmed/disputed claims" are mentioned without actually playing the clips. so there's a discussion about the climate in which these remarks exist but without playing the sound bites on repeat. 

• Like 2

could donnie end up pardoning the entire US white collar criminal prison population? just empty out the country club prisons everywhere? I mean these are his ilk, and could lead to some potentially sweet "deals" if they're all back out wheeling n' dealing in public.

or maybe he'll start selling presidential pardons on the black market like some sort of drug dealer...Don. Jr is who I'd put in charge of that operation.

Edited by zero

There really ought to be more limits on who the president can pardon. Like, first of all, how many pardons they can issue.

• Like 1

his head doesn't seem to be moving naturally in that video. must be he's acting more robotic since he's not used to reading from a teleprompter. for a second I thought I was looking at a CGI donald.

apparently m,ike flynn and some other loyalists are "begging him" to enact martial law and seize the election and have a do over run by citizens. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/when-the-bombs-go-off-the-blood-is-on-mike-flynns-hands-retired-officers-blast-his-calls-for-martial-law

but i also think articles like above are selling ads so are going to go for the worst case headline. 

but i also think trump is ramping up his bullshit and it's going to get someone killed. 

well I'd hate for her to waste her get out of jail card on something as trivial as that... or maybe donnie can issue her some sort of blanket pardon that covers like everything, just in case she accidentally commits another crime.

1 hour ago, zero said:

well I'd hate for her to waste her get out of jail card on something as trivial as that... or maybe donnie can issue her some sort of blanket pardon that covers like everything, just in case she accidentally commits another crime.

Apparently there is precedence for giving a preemptive pardon, but the pardon has to be very specific in language that relates to whatever crime they may be convicted of.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_pardons_in_the_United_States#Limitations