IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

I haven’t heard yet if the shooting was accidental, or if this woman posed a threat to law enforcement. Gun laws are strict in DC, but reports of gunfire being exchanged were being alleged today. As far as the psychological phenomenon that is taking place, I’d imagine it’s something akin to mass delusion, like the indoctrination most religions utilize, cults and mainstream religions alike.

she was climbing through the window that was broken and was shot. not an accident. there's video on the previous pages of this thread. 

edit: 

https://streamja.com/LMd0A

Edited by ignatius

Would anyone with more than one chromosome expect to not be shot when breaking into the capitol with a group of violent domestic terrorists?

edit: yes I understand how chromosomes work and a human can’t have 1 lol. 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Would anyone with more than one chromosome expect to not be shot when breaking into the capitol with a group of violent domestic terrorists?

edit: yes I understand how chromosomes work and a human can’t have 1 lol. 

"fuck around and find" out is not in their minds i guess. i think a lot of white middle class people live ina bubble where they enjoy the privilege of not having to think about getting shot by the authorities so when it actually happens they don't know how to process it. 

"we were just breaking into the capitol for the purposes of revolution and they shot her!"

like that woman who got maced in the face and was shocked. "we were storming the capitol! it's a revolution. and they maced me in the face"

like fuckn duh you dumb fuck. 

"we were just shooting at them! then they started SHOOTING AT US!!!"

3 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Kind of disappointed that only 50ish people were arrested and 4 died tbh. 

1 was shot and 3 had medical emergencies and couldn't get help

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ignatius said:

"fuck around and find" out is not in their minds i guess. i think a lot of white middle class people live ina bubble where they enjoy the privilege of not having to think about getting shot by the authorities so when it actually happens they don't know how to process it. 

"we were just breaking into the capitol for the purposes of revolution and they shot her!"

like that woman who got maced in the face and was shocked. "we were storming the capitol! it's a revolution. and they maced me in the face"

like fuckn duh you dumb fuck. 

"we were just shooting at them! then they started SHOOTING AT US!!!"

Sad and fucked up perspective these people have. Lends credence to the cult perspective... grateful I’m on the outside looking in but this is a very sketchy situation that has global implications of course. Way to go 2021  ?

• Like 1

I have not watched this yet but I kind of want to check it out and the live chat responses. I tried skimming it and was brought to a my pillow advertisement lol

5 hours ago, ignatius said:

it sucks that people are so duped and sucked in by this crazy bullshit conspiracy stuff. but it's real. that shit is wrecking things. wrecking families. people not speaking to each other. 

how they get there.. i don't know. hero worship of trump is dumb enough.  it's one thing to be a moron who can't see who he is and what he is about.. it's another to be a conservite and knowing who he is and what he's about going in for it anyways because he's a means to an end.. then factor in all the fringe that has come along for the ride and that trump has latched on to and promoted because they love him and that's all he cares about.. and then we get where we are with people so deluded they go and storm the fucking capitol. 

so yeah.. overall it's sad as fuck.. but i see this as always going to happen. this is the natural progression of trumpism. 'only a matter of time' until some of these folks 'fuck around and find out' hard enough to end up dead. as i see it man of them have pushed their luck for a long time now.. 4 years of this and the campaign prior to 2016. the state finally getting around to doing its job in relation to trumpists and MAGA cultists etc is a hard thing for them to swallow and it's high time they swallow it because the state has one master and it's the elite who run the country.. be that congress and the federal gov't or the people who pick up the phone and make shit happen. 

idk.. it's all paralyzingly stupid. 

It’s all Facebook- they can live in a completely detached filter bubble. I really wonder why nobody mentions it given how far everything has escalated 

• Like 2

as if deleting his accounts now would stop any fucking thing at all.

for the next 13 days he's still the president of this country, he can publicly state anything via official letterhead at any time and as many times as he'd like.

and even after he's out, none of this is going to 'stop' it's just going slightly underground, if anything....e.g. right back to Parler/FB/Gab/whatever else. Trump just gave all these people a champion and kept emboldening them. they're not going away, and in fact the next few weeks/few months are perhaps going to be more dangerous for the general American public than anything over the last 4 years.

the fact that the FBI is going on Twitter asking for help identifying the people who stormed the Capitol is imo very telling of how much shit has got out of hand. the FBI/CIA is exactly who should be 100% on top of exactly this sort of shit but they're caught with their pants down, and are afterwards now floundering, embarrassingly. 

edit: he's already tweeting via others: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jan/7/congress-affirms-biden-win-trump-vows-orderly-tran/

The president, whose Twitter account was locked after he riled up pro-Trump protesters that stormed the Capitol, had the message tweeted by his social media director Dan Scavino.

“I have always said we would continue our fight to ensure that only legal votes were counted. While this represents the end of the greatest first term in presidential history, it’s only the beginning of our fight to Make America Great Again,” Mr. Trump said.

Edited by auxien
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, prdctvsm said:

b5k16499sp961.jpg

Also really kicked off the deregulation of the marketing industry and the erosion of the public educational system, which is a big part of how you end up with the situation we're in now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scumtron said:

At that footage of the woman being shot there's a MAGA-dude with a rifle pointing against the security guards. I'm kinda surprised that only one person got shot.

I kinda wish the guards would have had a decent presence there and just opened fire on the MAGAs. I do not see them as American anymore, and I have a hard time seeing them as human. I guess this is what the beginning of civil war feels like.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TubularCorporation said:

Anyway, the actual big news of yesterday might be the Israeli air strikes on Syria that happened while everyone was distracted by DC.

Were these air strikes any more significant than the hundreds of air strikes by Israel on Syria over the last few months?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ignatius said:

this is the natural progression of trumpism.

Trumpism is the natural progression of the American conservative project since Nixon, it's only an abberation insofar as Trump was a loose cannon enabled by social media and existing conditions.  But the Republican establishment went right along with it up until the last possible moment when it was obvious that the harm he was doing to their interests outweighed the good, which was way too late to do much.

1 minute ago, perunamuusi said:

Were these air strikes any more significant than the hundreds of air strikes by Israel on Syria over the last few months?

I'm double checking, what I was hearing last night was that they were especially severe but there was so little reporting it's starting to look like it might have been more routine, not that that makes much difference.

2 hours ago, auxien said:

and even after he's out, none of this is going to 'stop' it's just going slightly underground, if anything....e.g. right back to Parler/FB/Gab/whatever else. Trump just gave all these people a champion and kept emboldening them. they're not going away, and in fact the next few weeks/few months are perhaps going to be more dangerous for the general American public than anything over the last 4 years.

that's what I'm afraid of as well. these idiots are gonna head back to their backwoods lairs, start fumbling around with more insane ideas to attack government buildings. trump supporters should now be classified as a domestic terrorist organization.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Why the fuck haven't they deleted Trump's Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram completely?
In a blog post Thursday, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced that Facebook would ban President Donald Trump from its platforms “indefinitely” following a pro-Trump attack on the US Capitol this week. The ban will not be lifted before Inauguration Day, according to Zuckerberg.

all the alternative right wing social media groups have A LOT of problems and prone to outtages. doubt he can last on there

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, auxien said:

the fact that the FBI is going on Twitter asking for help identifying the people who stormed the Capitol is imo very telling of how much shit has got out of hand. the FBI/CIA is exactly who should be 100% on top of exactly this sort of shit but they're caught with their pants down, and are afterwards now floundering, embarrassingly. 

yeah that's where i'm at with this. 

i'm just a regular dude and even i knew for the past few weeks, something is going down on january 6th and they better have the national guard there just in case. i can't believe how easily these fucks got in there, it's insane.

all you have to do is skim through parler or that r/the_donald offshoot site and you'll see, there were people talking about insurrection, public executions, overthrowing the govt, etc. for MONTHS now.....ever since the election.

how was the response so poor? how were they allowed to EASILY get into the Senate chamber? into senator's offices? it's unbelievable.

it's almost like the FBI/whoever thought, "nah these people are just joking.....all 100,000 of them" or whatever.

i can guarantee you the response would have been different if it was a bunch of muslims storming the capitol, who had been discussing their EXACT plan for months on an website that literally anyone can get to and explore in 2 seconds....i mean wow

i'm picturing mike pence being rushed off the senate floor, hearing voices of maga folks in the halls looking for him/mcconell/pelosi....wondering "where the fuck is the security?" he probably shit his pants.

• Like 4

Yeah, the security response to this whole thing was pretty piss poor especially in comparison to how they handled the BLM protests back in early June. These MAGA children have been spoiled and coddled for too long. And quite frankly I'm sick of the racial and political bias of American law enforcement as a whole. There should be equal punishment, equal consequences for any actions REGARDLESS of skin color or political affiliation. Period.

• Like 1