IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

1 minute ago, chenGOD said:

I'm not defending them, I'm explaining what the letter of the law says. I'm also wary of granting more leeway to law enforcement to abuse the power they have, because dollars to donuts, you grant them this power to go after right-wing nuts, they will use it to go after left-wing organizers and POC, especially in the US.

Things would've been a lot clearer and the discussion a lot shorter had you said that earlier.

• Burger 1

2 minutes ago, scumtron said:

So it would be possible to put some of these folks behind bars or ban travelling. Aren't you arguing for the opposite?

Theoretically yes, but it takes more than what's been presented to do so.

7 hours ago, Squee said:

I am deeply surprised that no one has assassinated Trump yet. I'm not wishing death upon anyone, but my one guess when he was inaugurated was that he wouldn't survive all four years.

I thought the same thing back on election night 2016. actually my first thought back then was that he will piss off some Islamic extremist group, who will end up attacking the US, and quite possibly try and take him out as well. luckily he seems to get along well with all the outside terror groups, so we dodged a bullet there, lol.

and I seem to remember this was brought up in this thread several hundred pages ago. my response at the time was all the would-be domestic assassins are his supporters. it would boil down to some lone wolf type liberal diehard pulling off a long range sniper rifle shot to the head, and we know most liberals are computer junky idm nerds, who don't have stomach for this sort of thing.

2 minutes ago, dcom said:

I know exactly what @chenGOD is doing, but I don't understand why. I play the Devi's advocate often enough myself, but I explicitly divorce myself from things that I find reprehensible.

I guess the practical question is, should this thread be a "safe space" or toilet for our frustrations, or should this be where we discuss what we can do to stop this bullshit?

Just now, dcom said:

Things would've been a lot clearer and the discussion a lot shorter had you said that earlier.

Like I said, I'm an idiot, so I don't always express myself clearly.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, sweepstakes said:

I guess the practical question is, should this thread be a "safe space" or toilet for our frustrations, or should this be where we discuss what we can do to stop this bullshit?

why not both?

• Like 2

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1252923

"In regards to the protests planned for January 6th, the violent rhetoric we're seeing online is at a new level," said Daniel J. Jones, president of Advance Democracy Inc., a global research organization that studies disinformation and extremism. "There are endorsements of violence across all of the platforms."

2 hours ago, dingformung said:

Good job that only four people got shot. The security personnel seems to be well trained otherwise more would have died.

I personally only have a limited contingent of compassion to give and I save it for people who deserve it more.

Are you referring to the 4 deaths? Because only one woman died from a gunshot, 2 others had medical emergencies, and one guy tasered himself in the balls to death. ‘Merica

• Thanks 2
  • Burger 1

2 hours ago, chenGOD said:

I think you're giving way too much credit to the capacity and capability of local law enforcement agencies. But yes there's also the likelihood that local law enforcement agencies (especially in rural areas) have strong ties with these individuals....

I'm not. They did that here in SF during BLM protests.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Are you referring to the 4 deaths? Because only one woman died from a gunshot, 2 others had medical emergencies, and one guy tasered himself in the balls to death. ‘Merica

Are you sure it wasn't America that tasered itself in the balls?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 2
  • Farnsworth 1

10 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

One of the police officers injured has died now, prompting a murder investigation.

17 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Like I said, I'm an idiot, so I don't always express myself clearly.

Your rhetoric displays clearly that you're not an idiot, and I've been similarly unclear today in another thread. It happens.

• Farnsworth 1

8 hours ago, Squee said:

I am deeply surprised that no one has assassinated Trump yet. I'm not wishing death upon anyone, but my one guess when he was inaugurated was that he wouldn't survive all four years.

I Do Love GIF by The Bachelor

21 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:
27 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

dollars to donuts

Nice

Those places really hate it when you try to pay for donuts with donuts.

34 minutes ago, ARPA said:

ill probably still listen to some of their music (with both artists i already found around half of it brilliant and the other half shit) but honestly.. dissappointing to say the least.

Edited by markedone
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Those places really hate it when you try to pay for donuts with donuts.

I always pay for donuts with exposure bucks. I have 92 followers on one of my twitter accounts!

• Haha 2