IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

What a petulant fucking toddler. That comparison is an insult to toddlers actually.

I can't wait to see his whole family prosecuted for criminal activity in the state of NY.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

What a petulant fucking toddler. That comparison is an insult to toddlers actually.

I can't wait to see his whole family prosecuted for criminal activity in the state of NY.

There's going to be so much shit coming out, like SO much - hell offhand I remember that the white house archive team has spent their entire time taping documents he tears up after reading - you know they've archived plenty of shady memos and docs as well. 

Even if it results in little action the parade of shame will follow him from now on and he can't deflect like he could as POTUS. His presidential library will be split between a gift shop in Mar-a-Lago and various judicial archive basements around the country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARPA said:

i get ariel pink because he's a well known trump nut (or he pretends to be).....

but MAUS??? "rights for gays" maus?? "cop killer" maus?? "medical care for everyone" maus?? 

doesn't make sense to me. still dissappointing. 

side note: can you imagine what Trump's funeral is going to be like? lol how awkward. i mean he's going to die at some point, and former presidents' funerals are usally kind of a big deal and ceremonial.....with all the former presidents and first ladies being there.

i'm sure obama and them will take the 'high road' and attend, but it will still be awkward as fuck. 

34 minutes ago, mister miller said:

i get ariel pink because he's a well known trump nut (or he pretends to be).....

but MAUS??? "rights for gays" maus?? "cop killer" maus?? "medical care for everyone" maus?? 

I got into this deep on reddit

It's surreal but I'm not shocked. 

Yeah, in all honestly, it fits perfectly. As much as we point to the unmasked flag waving MAGA dipshits the truly far-right people never flat-out espouse clear fascist beliefs. They never will. They specifically don't. They purposely tout contradictory and inconsistent views in public. They perpetually claim they are being edgy or ironic or clever or some other shit. Everything is with a wink or a nod. When they seem sincere they aren't coherent but rather deluded AF.

Like both of those quotes point to hypotheticals that are easy answers even for someone who is quite conservative or right-wing. The second literally doesn't denounce alt-right racism or neo-nazi but rather the idea of it being in the form of pagan esoteric bullshit. That's it. If anything one could argue he's endorsing far right-wing ideology in new forms which is essentially the core ethos of alt right and MAGA supporters

2 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

FB762418-6CC8-4710-B0D6-1F6E57B8282C.jpeg

That's the one thing I trusted the Pentagon to pre-emptively prepare for the moment he was nominated. I never expected to them to intervene or help at all in a hypothetical civil war. Their priority has always been the most basic stability and protected nukes and essential military and infrastructure sites.

• Like 2

on the issue of intelligence i think it's clear that it was a botched job by relevant parties. the capitol police gave assurance ahead of time that they were prepared and cooperating with metro police and had the situation under control, they declined assistance from the fbi and the national guard days in advance and while shit was taking place, but in the end there were like capitol 5 cops there lol. their budget is over $500million.

in 2017 at the inauguration protests the police arrested 217 people and held them outside the capitol for 16 hours or something. among the charges was a 70 year sentence for smashing windows (dropped thankfully). i condemn this but it demonstrates that when they want to, the security forces that are regularly in place can be efficiently organized to respond (even to an excessive degree) to protests at the capitol. the authorities had ample warning, there were numerous elected officials including the president inciting their followers with incendiary language, and there was a considerable degree of public organizing. blah blah blah. imo there's no denying the soft response was a failure to conduct business as usual, the question remains as to why. to my knowledge there has not even been a briefing from the capitol police to anyone about what took place.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

big T would have to ask for permission to fly in air force 1 to get from florida to washington, so he'll just save joe the trouble

Technically, the Trumps are forbidden to reside permanently at his Florida resort, per an agreement he signed with the city in the 90s:

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/dec/17/trump-mar-a-lago-club-neighbors-florida

43 minutes ago, mister miller said:

side note: can you imagine what Trump's funeral is going to be like? lol how awkward. i mean he's going to die at some point, and former presidents' funerals are usally kind of a big deal and ceremonial.....with all the former presidents and first ladies being there.

i'm sure obama and them will take the 'high road' and attend, but it will still be awkward as fuck. 

Maybe they’ll do Hands Across America, but with motorcycles and no masks.

• Haha 1

At this point my main concern is the possible intentional lack of security come inauguration day. If the DC KKKops and National Guard have explicit orders to allow these mobs to do as they please, then we're basically at the mercy of their own stupidity. We can only hope more of these clowns taze themselves in the balls.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

on the issue of intelligence i think it's clear that it was a botched job by relevant parties. the capitol police gave assurance ahead of time that they were prepared and cooperating with metro police and had the situation under control, they declined assistance from the fbi and the national guard days in advance and while shit was taking place, but in the end there were like capitol 5 cops there lol. their budget is over $500million.

in 2017 at the inauguration protests the police arrested 217 people and held them outside the capitol for 16 hours or something. among the charges was a 70 year sentence for smashing windows (dropped thankfully). i condemn this but it demonstrates that when they want to, the security forces that are regularly in place can be efficiently organized to respond (even to an excessive degree) to protests at the capitol. the authorities had ample warning, there were numerous elected officials including the president inciting their followers with incendiary language, and there was a considerable degree of public organizing. blah blah blah. imo there's no denying the soft response was a failure to conduct business as usual, the question remains as to why. to my knowledge there has not even been a briefing from the capitol police to anyone about what took place.

just to clarify, i think this was a "botched job" only if the goal of the police was to prevent the capitol from being infiltrated. 

also to follow up on the Jon Maus / Ariel Pink thing, the "cop killer" thing aligns with ancaps and boogaloos who hate law enforcement but are def right-wing and complicit to if not part of the MAGA movement

5 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

At this point my main concern is the possible intentional lack of security come inauguration day. If the DC KKKops and National Guard have explicit orders to allow these mobs to do as they please, then we're basically at the mercy of their own stupidity. We can only hope more of these clowns taze themselves in the balls.

The Mayor has extended the emergency declaration until a day after inauguration, but it seems to mostly relate to business and reimbursements, not security. I imagine it will be tightened up even more than usual. That city has become something of a fortified area since 9/11, so a police presence is usually felt on the streets. Some firings are definitely coming to the police force, and I believe both Sergeant at Arms for the Congress have resigned.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/533060-dc-mayor-extends-emergency-declaration-until-day-after-bidens

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, joshuatxuk said:

also to follow up on the Jon Maus / Ariel Pink thing, the "cop killer" thing aligns with ancaps and boogaloos who hate law enforcement but are def right-wing and complicit to if not part of the MAGA movement

Also maus isn't an idiot but seemingly up his own ass as an artist, there's also his political science and philosophy teaching background and his "left of left of left of left" (which is a circle? lol) which might have pointed him into the murky area where someone can start justifying and masking right-wing beliefs. An example - noted accelerationist Nick Land has been credited for inspiring marxist leaning figures like the late Mark Fisher (who I recommend heavily) as well as various alt-right pundits. That accelerationist stuff lends to a lot of shitty big brain ideology that seems very much suited to Ariel Pink and Jon Maus both. Unfortunately talented musicians with substantive catalogs, especially those who stray in experimental, avant-garde, outsider and "art school grad" territory can indeed be quite daft. Grimes is another example.

• Like 2

This morning, I spoke to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley to discuss available precautions for preventing an unstable president from initiating military hostilities or accessing the launch codes and ordering a nuclear strike.

The situation of this unhinged President could not be more dangerous, and we must do everything that we can to protect the American people from his unbalanced assault on our country and our democracy.

nancy pelosi

47 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

just to clarify, i think this was a "botched job" only if the goal of the police was to prevent the capitol from being infiltrated. 

“The only reason you get to breach the Capitol is you let it happen,” an FBI official told The Nation. “Why did Capitol Police not have a plan?”

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/ieds-capitol-hill/

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

“The only reason you get to breach the Capitol is you let it happen,” an FBI official told The Nation. “Why did Capitol Police not have a plan?”

"disagree with it but respect it:"

Edited by Alcofribas
  • Confused 1

big T indefinitely banned from streaming on twitch

In light of yesterday’s shocking attack on the Capitol, we have disabled President Trump’s Twitch channel.

Given the current extraordinary circumstances and the President’s incendiary rhetoric, we believe this is a necessary step to protect our community and prevent Twitch from being used to incite further violence.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/7/22219144/twitch-trump-ban-indefinitely-capitol-attack

Edited by Nebraska

1 hour ago, joshuatxuk said:

27 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

thread (sorry i hate when people link threads but i’m ‘working’ so on mobile and hunting up articles takes time) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, perunamuusi said:

Can't  wait for this fascist  maga shit to blow over so I can go back to 100% hating the fascist US government in the usual fashion

noting that this kind of imprecise generalization is exactly the sort of propaganda element utilized to manipulate people into supporting this actual autoritarian threat to justice and freedom

nuance is your friend

• Facepalm 1
  • Farnsworth 1

14 minutes ago, auxien said:

thread (sorry i hate when people link threads but i’m ‘working’ so on mobile and hunting up articles takes time) 

exactly. armed trump supporters infiltrated the capitol in michigan 6 months ago and trump did the same thing then - he encouraged them before hand then called them "good people," after they did it etc. not to mention the plot to kidnap the fucking governor lol. it's bullshit to pretend authorities had no clue this could happen.

• Like 3