IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

alex jones interviewed the barbarian guy who the news keeps showing pictures of. its sad hes a Q conspiracy theory "shaman" who think his singing installed God back into the capitol.  even alex jones got fed up and kicked him off and laughed at him

https://cantcensortruth.com/watch?id=5ff8e6610429ec3746019d3b

1 hour ago, bupkis said:

This is an excellent point. I was watching Glenn Greenwalds twitter account yesterday and he did a hot take on this very issue. Fascinating! His main article is unfortunately behind a substack paywall but I think the gist of it is in some of his tweets yesterday. He mentioned in an interview a few weeks ago that democrats will most likely be going to use domestic terror rhetoric to shore up their power because their presidential win was fragile from the electoral college perspective and because they lost seats in congress and they need something to silence voters that they otherwise cannot persuade. That seemed like a strange point to make from such a respectable man but I think that these new federal powers could be a bad precedent because they would most likely become apolitical and be in place no matter who is in charge moving forward. I do not always agree with Glenn Greenwald but I respect him so much and he has the biggest balls such a good person and amazing journalist for helping to get Snowden stuff to the public in a responsible way.

They're not wrong about the biggest threat being domestic terrorists though.

• Like 5
  • Farnsworth 1

hey man, he was a human being. we don't know what he's been through in his life that prompted him to fry his ballbag. an eye for an eye leaves the world blind, bro. similarly a ball for a ball leaves the world... something, idk.

Edited by usagi
  • Haha 4
  • Burger 1

6 hours ago, Brisbot said:

I am so inwardly upset right now because I now think the USA is done. I don't see any way how it will get better in the future.

yeah i'm with ya. there are some major issues that we will have to work on as a country in the near future, but i don't think the USA is done.

it's going to be a long process to get where i (personally) think we need to be...and we're at a low point right now.

but i think that step 1 is getting rid of Trump and trying to stomp out this QAnon bullshit. it's gone too far. this is the first step in trying to get back on track to changing our country for the better, in terms of what needs to happen right now.

there are major issues like climate change, wealth inequality etc, that yeah, are a threat beyond all of this. that's a whole other can of worms.

but i really think these q anon people and Trump are a potential domestic terrorist group in the making, and are the most immediate (like within the next two weeks) threat.

am i being hyperbolic? probably, but that's the way this all feels to me atm

• Like 1

texas is a vital state. flip texas and the country prospers for hundreds of years. they're infested with oil influence, but they've pushed this so far that it now works against them, because texas is uniquely poised for a renewable energy boom. texas could produce insane amounts of solar and wind energy. this combo is the recipe for renewable energy stability. and they have musk as a resident now, the battery man. they're already used to oil derricks everywhere. at least solar and wind farms don't poison acquifiers and cause earthquakes and destabilize the climates. texans and their progeny could be living high on the hog for the coming eon if they invest wisely now and shake off their oil masters. in 2024 ted cruz is up for reelection and beto may be in the running again. influence has an exponential curve. if people start talking about the potential for a better future now, we could flip texas in 2024 and that would really set us on a more stable course.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, bupkis said:

This is an excellent point. I was watching Glenn Greenwalds twitter account yesterday and he did a hot take on this very issue. Fascinating! His main article is unfortunately behind a substack paywall but I think the gist of it is in some of his tweets yesterday. He mentioned in an interview a few weeks ago that democrats will most likely be going to use domestic terror rhetoric to shore up their power because their presidential win was fragile from the electoral college perspective and because they lost seats in congress and they need something to silence voters that they otherwise cannot persuade. That seemed like a strange point to make from such a respectable man but I think that these new federal powers could be a bad precedent because they would most likely become apolitical and be in place no matter who is in charge moving forward. I do not always agree with Glenn Greenwald but I respect him so much and he has the biggest balls such a good person and amazing journalist for helping to get Snowden stuff to the public in a responsible way.

I read something last night about how we've kind of been conditioned to call things like this terrorism and that's it's basically manufactured consent.

Going to read some more about it before forming an opinion.

So we've entered the age of the War on (Domestic) Terror.

Most effective way to defeat the terrorists; taze 'em in the balls.

(BTW I don't wanna hear any more bullshit from their bitch mouths about them being underdogs being oppressed by globalists and the deep state, when they themselves have been oppressors of minorities for ages)

hOw cOuLd aNyOnE hAvE kNoWn ? ?

https://www.propublica.org/article/several-well-known-hate-groups-identified-at-capitol-riot

“The ProudBoys will turn out in record numbers on Jan 6th but this time with a twist...,” Henry “Enrique” Tarrio, the group’s president, wrote in a late-December post on Parler, a social media platform that has become popular with right-wing activists and conservatives. “We will not be wearing our traditional Black and Yellow. We will be incognito and we will spread across downtown DC in smaller teams. And who knows....we might dress in all BLACK for the occasion.”

the crowd included members of the Proud Boys and other groups with violent ideologies. Videos reveal the presence of several noted hardcore nativists and white nationalists who participated in the 2017 white power rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, that President Donald Trump infamously refused to condemn.

As the crowds ringing the Capitol swelled on Wednesday, a small group of men clad in body armor shuffled toward the doors at the center of the building’s east-facing facade.

The eight men, whose movements were captured on video, were identified by ProPublica and FRONTLINE as members of the Oath Keepers, a long-standing militia group that has pledged to ignite a civil war on behalf of Trump.

Fuentes, who spoke at pro-Trump rallies late last year in Michigan and Washington, D.C., said he was at the rally on Wednesday but didn’t follow the mob into the Capitol. One group of Fuentes’ supporters, who call themselves the Groyper Army, was filmed running through the Capitol carrying a large blue flag with the America First logo.

Days before the Capitol was stormed, Fuentes seemed to encourage his followers to kill state legislators in a bid to overturn Biden’s electoral victory, as Megan Squire, a computer science professor at Elon University who follows online extremist communities, noted on Twitter.

“What can you and I do to a state legislator — besides kill him?” he said with a smirk. “We should not do that. I’m not advising that, but I mean, what else can you do, right?”

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, usagi said:

hey man, he was a human being. we don't know what he's been through in his life that prompted him to fry his ballbag. an eye for an eye leaves the world blind, bro. similarly a ball for a ball leaves the world... something, idk.

a ball for a ball leaves one ball to rule them all. 

Oh, yessssss. I was hoping someone would be so stupid as to admit the planning days in advance. Unfortunately, these people are experienced at weaseling out of culpability, so I don’t actually think this is likely to result in convictions in court, but at least we see them talking about it.

1 hour ago, ambermonke said:

So we've entered the age of the War on (Domestic) Terror.

Most effective way to defeat the terrorists; taze 'em in the balls.

Not quite: we're going to catch 'em by setting traps so enticing that they'll taze themselves in the balls to death. You know, the sort of "traps" that include the prospect of stealing priceless American artifacts while violently raiding a sacred democratic landmark. What true patriort could resist? 

• Burger 1

watching them deal with the tear gas outside the capitol was satisfying. they seem to have not prepared or learned anything from BLM protests or the hong kong protests where they grab the canister with a cone or whatever and dump water on it.. or they do that thing where they combine it w/whatever and it turns into lumpy mass. 

• Farnsworth 1