IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

18 hours ago, auxien said:

this was pretty shmaltzy but still good, there's some earnest in there that very few (that i see) are saying these days. he goes on too long and he's a weird sorta guy the little i know about him (politically/etc.) but whatevs man, Arnie's best when he's laying it on thick

arnold schwarzenegger camouflage GIF

poor Arnie...dude wants to be president so badly. this is probably as close to a presidential moment as it's gonna get for the guy...cheesy ending music aside, this was 1000 times better than any 1 sentence that has come out of donald's stupid mouth for the past 5 years. if Arnold was able to run, I have no doubt he'd get the W.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, very honest said:

greenwald's a disgraceful shill. held in extremely low regard by many serious journalists. just biking through to say that.

Yeah, he went completely off the rails a few years back. 

2 hours ago, zero said:

poor Arnie...dude wants to be president so badly. this is probably as close to a presidential moment as it's gonna get for the guy...cheesy ending music aside, this was 1000 times better than any 1 sentence that has come out of donald's stupid mouth for the past 5 years. if Arnold was able to run, I have no doubt he'd get the W.

I guess the bar is low enough now that he might have a chance. However, he was a piss poor governor, so he doesn't stir up much confidence over here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Braintree said:

I guess the bar is low enough now that he might have a chance. However, he was a piss poor governor, so he doesn't stir up much confidence over here.

i lived in san diego when the recall happened. so crazy. i mean..the guy they recalled.. i can't even remember his name. he was an asshole and no one liked him but he didn't do anything 'wrong' and all the property tax hikes and shit that happened  were triggered by events that happened before he got into office.. i think that's how i remember it. it was long ago. 

arnie has done a great PR job on his image via social media even though he had a secret family and all that.. 

44 minutes ago, marf said:

what did he do? 

he furthers outright garbage and undermines actual fact. he does so with gusto. there's a long and clear pattern of it. consistent disregard for evidentiary logic, coincidentally in the service of pushing certain propaganda narratives. extremely fishy. he's literally a pariah in the journalism community, because it's so blatant. 

44 minutes ago, marf said:

Wasn't he the filter for all things Snowden?

yeah he helped snowden. 

in other news...

Edited by very honest
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, very honest said:

greenwald's a disgraceful shill. held in extremely low regard by many serious journalists. just biking through to say that.

He's done some very valuable work, there's no denying that. He seems to have huffed a few too many of his own farts though.

honestly at the moment my main interest in all of this is the prospect of rapidly accelerating the development of decentralized internet platforms

go paranoid reactionary dudes, go bring me that cloud

Edited by Cryptowen

So the earlier posts on Twitter and Reddit were bullshit, things have been embellished and overhyped about the "hack" - in the end it was simple public material archival done by people who do that sort of thing a lot - archiving sites that are going under before they do.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Valleyfold said:

Thanks, I’d still rather see something Greenwald himself actually said. There’s an obvious pro Clinton/Biden and anti Trump bias in media and I don’t see a problem with reporting on that. 

Also when has he said to trust Rudy lol

0AD96665-F273-4B4F-8B13-8CB800C079CE.jpeg

here you go

Edited by very honest

here's a pretty lengthy and detailed overview of the kind of junk propaganda that you get from greenwald, done by marcy wheeler https://www.emptywheel.net/2020/10/18/steve-bannon-guccifer-2-0-glenn-greenwald-and-me-how-glenn-greenwald-defends-smear-artist-cowards/

he's definitely been working hard for many years to develop his skills at convincing his audience of his dog shit in this niche

Edited by very honest
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Valleyfold said:

Ok, I agree with him there :shrug:

yeah i mean he sure presents it in a way that is compelling and sounds plausible, doesn't he?

yet, we stand in the immediate wake of an actual authoritarian coup from the right, and there he is pushing the notion of a suggested authoriarian leftist state. 

see how that works?

2 minutes ago, Valleyfold said:

I see the way the coup can be used as an excuse to implement “anti terrorism” laws, limiting free speech and strengthening tech monopolies as much more sinister and dangerous than the coup itself. 

you kind of perfectly demonstrate the manipulation, here. he's setting you up to oppose the opposition to the coup. 

19 minutes ago, very honest said:

here you go

That is not a great example. I watched a press conference from Lindsey Graham where he compared Jan. 6th to 9/11 several times. The Patriot Act was a severe hit at our liberties and has persisted every time it starts to expire. It was supposed to be temporary. So that concern is abso-fucking-lutely real.

Greenwald is problematic, but not on that issue.

It looks to me that you're more concerned with optics and defending liberal centrism than actually digging into the issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Valleyfold said:

Opposition to the coup being the Democratic Party, which in its current state is awful and needs to be criticized. 

not really man. i mean politics by definition is never perfect in everyone's eyes, it exists at precisely the place where collective disagreement needs to get sorted out. the dems are kind of close to the ideal of being public servants, and they are the alternative to a wildly deceptive, corrupt and actively malign party. focusing on anti-dem talking points, particularly when doing gymnastics in order to do so, is very hard for me to take seriously. the complexity and nuances and the difficulty for the general public to keep up to date, especially with the added layers of complexity introduced by deliberate misinformation and misrepresentation (disinfo), makes it easy for people to get duped. i am not wrong to call out dupers like greenwald. it's hard for me to imagine that he doesn't know what he's doing. i really wonder where his motivations come from.

Edited by very honest

46 minutes ago, dcom said:
So the earlier posts on Twitter and Reddit were bullshit, things have been embellished and overhyped about the "hack" - in the end it was simple public material archival done by people who do that sort of thing a lot - archiving sites that are going under before they do.

Don't get me wrong - there's still a metric crapton of data, photos with geotagged GPS coordinates etc., enough to make life problematic for a lot of people on the service - it's just that the "hack" wasn't a hack per se, there's no private or PII (personally identifiable information) data outside the public postings on the site. The actual exfiltration of information wasn't as technically glamorous as the initial embellished and exaggerated posts made it to be - it was simple distributed crawling of a huge amount of URLs - basically what GoogleBot does for Google Search, but towards Parler only.

oh hey sorry everyone

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/capitol-riot-taser-death/

Snopes spoke with Kristi Greeson, the wife of the late Kevin Greeson, who told us that there was no truth to the allegation that her husband’s heart attack was the result of his accidentally tasing himself. Greeson said that her husband attended the Capitol riot but never entered the building. Kevin had told his wife that he was in a safe area, but then he described seeing people pushing a barrier at a nearby location.

:’(

• Sad 2