Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

this timeline is so weird. 

there were guns inside. a capitol police officer was killed with a fire extinguisher. they were looking for pence. one guy texted friends he would murder pelosi. 

house reps were in the chamber as armed cops had a standoff at the door of the house chamber. the mob was 1 minute from getting into the senate chamber before it was sealed. this lone cop did a roadrunner, luring the mob away from the open door

trump spoke to the crowd from behind plexiglass, at the mall, and told them to go to the capitol. it was a long time after the capitol was breached, and a girl was shot, and a cop was struck with a fire extinguisher, and pence and harris were evacuated, and the congress members were secured, when he finally put out a disingenuous tweet calling for nonviolence. he was watching from a tent near the mall. he refused to instruct them to stop, after they breached the capitol (until much later, after it was over). he was watching captivatedly. 

just because some people looked like dumbasses does not make this not a coup. in real coups sometimes there are dumbasses there. this was a trump-brand shitty and wormy coup attempt. president bush called it an insurrection incited by trump. 

good hayes segment with some good footage and data points:

Edited by very honest
  • Like 5
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ignatius

• Nebraska

• goDel

• Rubin Farr

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

enough of this pissweak white apologism, at long last. apparently you haven't paid attention the last 5 years and understood the scale of what has occurred in that time. go take a cursory look at the 

A bunch of entitled/threatened/fearful white people have allowed themselves to be brainwashed to support the egotism of a common opportunist / cheap tie salesman. Now they are resorting to violen

Posted Images

1 hour ago, very honest said:

president bush called it an insurrection incited by trump. 

He did call it an insurrection but he did not mention Trump.

It was 100% a coup attempt by domestic terrorists. There will be attempts to change that fact through narrative reworking. The fact should never be forgotten. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, very honest said:

I like Arnold, but holy shit, that music... hahahahaha! MURICA!!!!!!! MUWIKA!! MUkA!!!!

Spoiler

billede.png

49 minutes ago, hijexx said:

He did call it an insurrection but he did not mention Trump.

ah, you're right. he avoided saying that explicitly, but i think the clear and obvious interpretation of his words is that this was the implicit meaning.

Laura and I are watching the scenes of mayhem unfolding at the seat of our Nation’s government in disbelief and dismay. It is a sickening and heartbreaking sight. This is how election results are disputed in a banana republic – not our democratic republic. I am appalled by the reckless behavior of some political leaders since the election and by the lack of respect shown today for our institutions, our traditions, and our law enforcement. The violent assault on the Capitol – and disruption of a Constitutionally-mandated meeting of Congress – was undertaken by people whose passions have been inflamed by falsehoods and false hopes. Insurrection could do grave damage to our Nation and reputation. In the United States of America, it is the fundamental responsibility of every patriotic citizen to support the rule of law. To those who are disappointed in the results of the election: Our country is more important than the politics of the moment. Let the officials elected by the people fulfill their duties and represent our voices in peace and safety. May God continue to bless the United States of America.

• trump withheld backup from dept of homeland security, dept of justice, and dept of defense (who control national guard in DC)
  • the normal thing would be for these departments to assist the capitol police in this kind of a situation. 
  • capitol police did not request pentagon assistance in the days ahead
  • capitol police did request help around noon
  • acting defense secretary miller did not authorize national guard until 5:45 

it seems to me relevant that the 10 living secretaries of defense advised the defense department not to get involved in trump's efforts to overturn the election. executive branch departments are all instruments of the chief executive. do we want trump directing the military inside the capitol as the congress was ratifying the election results? 

i see a scenario in which capitol police didn't want executive branch forces in the capitol on that day. capitol police, knowing they had inadequate forces, and wanting to minimize violence, opted for a controled retreat. this controlled retreat is being spun in disinfo-land as the event being staged. 

Edited by very honest
2 hours ago, very honest said:

good hayes segment with some good footage and data points:

jeez, i know clips like this and msnbc in general are designed to make me as outraged as possible.....but wow, that segment made me outraged.

if trump doesn't face legal consequences for this, then it will happen again.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, mister miller said:

jeez, i know clips like this and msnbc in general are designed to make me as outraged as possible.....but wow, that segment made me outraged.

if trump doesn't face legal consequences for this, then it will happen again.

hate to say it but they should've shot more of these people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Cindy McCain's excommunicado letter from Arizona GOP

bc0c5456848fec178e27265217a38ce1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Facepalm 1
11 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

Cindy McCain's excommunicado letter from Arizona GOP

bc0c5456848fec178e27265217a38ce1.jpg

cancel culture! lols. 

• Like 1

4aikl9gonja61.jpg?width=642&auto=webp&s=

fucking stark image. 

Christie: If Trump's actions aren't impeachable, 'then I don't really know what is'

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/533534-christie-if-trumps-actions-arent-impeachable-then-i-dont-really

Trump was more upset that Capitol mob looked ‘low class’ than about violent attacks, reports say

Advisers say the president was ‘turned off’ by the look of his supporters as they attacked the US Capitol

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/trump-mob-capitol-riots-poor-low-class-b1785099.html

American culture and society still refuses to speak the language of modernity. “Insurrection” is old, obsolete term that reflects an equally obsolete political and social understanding. They’re a thing that used to happen before the modern world — of middle classes and technology and industrial economies — existed, precisely because they reflect a pre-modern world of serfs and peasants over slaves, owned and ruled by lords and kings. Properly speaking, an “insurrection” is an attempt by such exploited people to be free for the first time, to break the bonds of their ownership, whether they were serfs owned by nobles, or slaves owned by serfs. None of that is remotely what this was. This was just what it appeared to be, to any sane and thoughtful and sensible person.

It wasn’t an insurrection, it was a coup. Those weren’t rioters, those were fascists.

They Weren’t Rioters, They Were Fascists. It Wasn’t an Insurrection, It Was a Coup. (Umair Haque/Eudaimonia)

• Like 2
6 hours ago, very honest said:

this timeline is so weird. 

this was pretty shmaltzy but still good, there's some earnest in there that very few (that i see) are saying these days. he goes on too long and he's a weird sorta guy the little i know about him (politically/etc.) but whatevs man, Arnie's best when he's laying it on thick

arnold schwarzenegger camouflage GIF

edit: also i'm still not keen on the 'coup' narrative, even if it may be technically correct. but i've not kept up much with reporting over the last day or so and sure enough about any of it to back up my opinion. may read some of those ^ bits linked up this page

Edited by auxien
  • Like 2

I'm willing to watch that Arnold video if he takes the music out.

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

Thanks Reverend Voight. He must be a very talented man to have the ability to belong to one religion and one cult.

42 minutes ago, dcom said:

Hey now, if you start getting into how words are used, you'll have to argue with cyanobacteria.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, mister miller said:

America

Never thought I’d see Blake Shelton posted on WATMM. A sad day.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

Whatever gave this watered-down, Hallmark special Christopher Walken the idea his opinion was in any way relevant? 

23 minutes ago, Extralife said:

Never thought I’d see Blake Shelton posted on WATMM. A sad day.

desperate times call for desperate measures

we should be worried about mob violence.  they would've done the same or worse to members of congress had they found them.

edit: with sound. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

98E5DFDB-9591-49DF-BBB2-F90A816525A5.jpeg

pff, so very comfortable bandwagoning now that he's no 2 weeks from no longer being a "person of public interest" aka "person of financial interest"... i mean yeah of course i welcome the mass banning as it will hurt the trumpster but c'mon, where were your balls all that time... fuck off big tech knights of clear consience.

Edited by jaderpansen
  • Like 5
  • Squee changed the title to Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)
  • Rubin Farr changed the title to Now That Trump's President... (24 hours to go)
  • Squee locked this topic