IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

reading the comments.. no one trusts this and lot's of people thinking "trojan horse! and trump's loyalists in homeland security are going to infiltrate and then the coup will really happen!"

can't wait for this shit show to end. 

ah well. 

3 hours ago, Upset man said:

Kinda bullshit though that these corporations can sponsor people and platforms that whipped everyone into a frenzy to the point of civil war and are now like “oh shit. My bad.” And pulling funding and endorsements etc

they can do whatever they want, they're literally in the same class as the dictators of global imperial capitalism.  the bourgeoisie's influence over the world is currently almost unending due to a lack of proletarian struggle in the first world military industrial regions, giving an absolute monopoly on violence to the point of a near lack of a need to bother using it regardless of what happens to the supposed governments of the world nations

notice how they don't even bother deploying security forces when they know right wingers, i.e. those who support maintaining the capitalist white supremacist status quo, are protesting, but if some black people just ask to not be murdered you see elderly men with walkers pushed over and men and women maced in the face or crashed into with police cars

i hope liberals take this as a wakeup call regarding the true nature of our supposed "democracies" in bourgeois states, and the need to create a dictatorship of the proletariat as soon as possible rather than continuing to live under the present invisible bourgeois dictatorship

Edited by cyanobacteria
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ignatius said:

reading the comments.. no one trusts this and lot's of people thinking "trojan horse! and trump's loyalists in homeland security are going to infiltrate and then the coup will really happen!"

It's going to be a long, long time.

21 minutes ago, ignatius said:

ah well. 

3 possibilities here imo. either:

a. he's got something up his sleeve...the Trojan Horse theory

b. he was forced to do this under pressure from pence/his cabinet (i.e. we will 25th you if you don't)

c. he's trying to cover his ass and seem like 'the good guy' so he doesn't face consequences when he's no longer in office.

Armed protests being planned at all 50 state capitols, FBI bulletin says

https://abcnews.go.com/US/armed-protests-planned-50-state-capitols-fbi-bulletin/story?id=75179771

If you guys know any #stopthesteal or #maga people who have guns and might be a valid threat, it’s probably a good idea to let authorities know before they do something stupid.

I just got finished reporting a bunch of Instagram posts from an old friend that is clearly insane, violent and likely armed and that has been attending these stopthesteal rallies. I don’t know if it will do any good, but it’s something. 
This shit is seriously scary, especially given law enforcement’s complicity.  

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

yeah.. that's the worry. so many cronies in DHS and pentagon.. but i don't think they'd be able to keep it secret if they had thousands of trump loyalists getting ready to flip a switch in DC. but who knows.. maybe they've been working at it for a month or two. 

gonna be big poop.

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1
  • Burger 5

7 hours ago, Valleyfold said:

When exactly does the time to be critical come?

Right after they won the election:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/08/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-ends-truce-by-warning-incompetent-democratic-party

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/07/us/politics/aoc-biden-progressives.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/12/us/politics/bernie-sanders-joe-biden.html

https://www.vox.com/22165471/progressive-immigration-reform-biden-jayapal

It seems to be working to a degree: (although considering he's not in office yet, it's obviously early to tell whether this is just rhetoric or he will follow through).

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/blog/meet-press-blog-latest-news-analysis-data-driving-political-discussion-n988541/ncrd1180516#blogHeader

With the White House, Congress, and Senate all Dem, the single biggest issue they should focus on is election reform, then medicare for all, and not that bullshit ACA.

Spoiler

After that, implementing the full tenets of Trotsky-Leninist thought. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cyanobacteria said:

the bourgeoisie's influence over the world is currently almost unending due to a lack of proletarian struggle in the first world military industrial regions, giving an absolute monopoly on violence to the point of a near lack of a need to bother using it regardless of what happens to the supposed governments of the world nations

hey man quick question - who is it you think your primary audience is when you say stuff like this on this site? we're more or less on the same side here...we all love Richard...the brothers...but sometimes it comes across as though you are talking down to all of us, as in we're either unknowledgeable or on the other side of your position... anyway, you seem pretty knowledgeable when it comes to implementing communism, just wanted to make sure you're aware you get a little preachy at times on here...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, zero said:

hey man quick question - who is it you think your primary audience is when you say stuff like this on this site? we're more or less on the same side here...we all love Richard...the brothers...but sometimes it comes across as though you are talking down to all of us, as in we're either unknowledgeable or on the other side of your position... anyway, you seem pretty knowledgeable when it comes to implementing communism, just wanted to make sure you're aware you get a little preachy at times on here...

autism + time wasting habit + very stubborn person. and its just how i talk im not talking down on anyone. except rightoids and of course liberals

Edited by cyanobacteria
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Armed protests being planned at all 50 state capitols, FBI bulletin says

https://abcnews.go.com/US/armed-protests-planned-50-state-capitols-fbi-bulletin/story?id=75179771

If you guys know any #stopthesteal or #maga people who have guns and might be a valid threat, it’s probably a good idea to let authorities know before they do something stupid.

I just got finished reporting a bunch of Instagram posts from an old friend that is clearly insane, violent and likely armed and that has been attending these stopthesteal rallies. I don’t know if it will do any good, but it’s something. 

I imagine that this post will not be received favorably, but I think that this is really nothing to worry about. I know that I might be wrong, but just look at what happened last week. These people are not paramilitary warriors they are idiots. One of the 5 people who died at the so called coup insurrection or whatever had military training and was shot dead without much of a fight. There was a pretty interesting write up on her journey to radicalization. She was an obama supporter before turning to trump: https://www.bellingcat.com/news/2021/01/08/the-journey-of-ashli-babbitt/

Over the past five years, a potent MAGA online subculture appears to have transformed this former Obama voter, who turned to Trump over a dislike of Hillary Clinton, into a QAnon follower ready to storm the Capitol. In a Twitter exchange on November 15 2018, Babbitt said that she had voted for President Obama, calling him “our president” and saying that he had done “great things”:

Bupkis recommends a health dose of meditative silence (at least 15 mins a day), chill beats to relax and study to, some cool and careful critical thinking, and of course cases of adrenochrome (I actually take mine with grapefruit juice for that subtle sweet tang y'all). Just my 2c.

Subject aside... I can't think of another human-being I would least like to play golf with than Trump. I've played with/against a bunch of idiots, and I'm 100% sure that Trump is one of those golfers who "lay eggs".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, auxien said:

Sheldon Adelson died last night. very rich man, was a big R supporter, i think him or his kids/foundation donated a fuckton to Trump

Best news I've heard all week. Guy was a fucking syphilitic cyst on humanity.

For some more humour, idiot in viking hat who stormed the capitol is refusing to eat because the guards won't serve him organic food: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/jake-angeli-horned-man-who-stormed-capitol-refuses-to-eat-as-guards-wont-feed-him-organic-food/DKNMQCEGLXWNV4DBUYPYVX5OPM/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1

sick

afa i can tell, at this point the only ppl who are legitimately jazzed up about the american republican party are actual members of the republican party, and maybe some olds who are afraid of dying before a genuinely new multipolar system has time to emerge. it's basically like an inversion of the canadian liberal party, where it mostly persists thanks to a bunch of much smaller disparate right-leaning factions getting into bed together.

Edited by Cryptowen

not sure if this was posted already as it's a few days old, but Melania gets absolutely slammed by her ex-advisor in this opinion piece:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/melanias-ex-bff-stephanie-winston-wolkoff-says-theres-blood-on-her-hands

Melania is no better than Donald is in terms of needing attention. She wasted a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create a platform to make a difference in the lives of so many children and didn’t provide any of that. She was just there as an extension of Donald, used to “soften” his image, highlight his showmanship, and smile for the cameras. In her free time she took up “albuming” and made scrapbooks filled with photographs of herself.

16 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

This post is too generous to one side.  It's pretty clear that only one side has any actual legitimacy

lol?

16 hours ago, Braintree said:

^ especially considering much of that disparity is because of one particular party ^

See below

16 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

As far as I see it, the divide is manufactured (aka what was once marginalized is fueled and then exploited). The social architects have a wide smile on their face. People are able to coexist peacefully as long as you don't mention the war (politics). With social media shit is off the rails. It's a mind game, and the crowd loses its capacity for critical thinking proportionally to its size. As for the sport team rooting analogy, that's nothing new. It's all across the world in every country. The backdoor to this mass hysteria is the fact that none of the grown up white or blue collar workers really know what's going on; from his/her own life to domestic and global politics. All this confusion, broken dreams and promises and fear of unknown is teeming with desire for plausible answers. The backdoor: You can provide any "solution" to these questions and once it gets traction, all that existential angst is released. The larger the issue the more critical mass you acquire, and the more critical mass you acquire, the easier it is to manipulate.

To what an end? Distribution of power. Behind a curtain new domestic and foreign policies are being ratified for a yet larger picture: USA is under threat. The Arsenal of Democracy (Roosevelt) is under threat, being outflanked by economic and technological rise of China. They already succeeded in stemming European Union (Brexit).

As George Friedman once said:
1. Control the seas leading to North America
2. Prevent the rise of any power that could challenge that control. Namely any power that tries to unify Eurasia or East Asia.

I think Trump got played like a violin. He never knew what he was doing, and he was put into place with a precise reason. Now the stage is a mess, and be observant how the pieces will be put back together.

Yeah, I think you are on point here, particularly given the pervasiveness of the Friedman school of thought in our country/underpinning of neoliberlist economic theories. I was discussing this with the missus last night (her degree is in social movement theory/contentious politics) and she pointed out that we live in an oligarchy - and, furthermore, one of the greatest strategies in an oligarchy is to pit two underserved (or more) populations against one another. If people are too busy aiming their anger at poor circumstances at other people who are also in these circumstances, it greatly reduces the chance of either side realizing who is actually effing them in the A. 

I suppose what I was saying above was less about those who are actually in power, and more about those who are not. I.e., yes, there is a particular party who I'm pretty much diametrically opposed to who legitimately uses tactics to disenfranchise and oppress people (here's a real world example - the hiring of neurolinguists to advise on modifications of language to sway the masses - e.g, starting to call social security an "entitlement" which makes it sound like some bad, self-important, unearned thing when in actuality it's something we've all been paying into for as long as we have paid taxes, and are owed). My wife thinks that they legitimately sit around and figure out ways to fuck people over in order to maintain power. I'm ... less certain. I think they do things according to their worldview which isn't always so clear as "i'm fucking person A to help person B" but is probably more nuanced, even to the point where they believe that "if I help person A, then it will trickle down and help person B." I'm in an MBA program and thank god I waited until I was older because the lens in which it views the world is so persuasive that I might have been swayed that this was the "truth" ... and, like, anything there are, I think, even some true things mixed in with the not so true... 

Sorry, digressing. Anyway, I think what I was trying to get across is that those groups of people who are disenfranchised are that way because of what cichlisuite wrote above - partly because people who are in power are leading them towards a certain conclusion, in a way that causes them to take action that is ultimately against their self-interest, and in the interest of those who are already in power. And, furthermore, these people are suffering, and angry, and probably for legitimate reasons, it's just they don't necessarily realize what those reasons are. One of the dangerous things that liberals do (and I count myself pretty liberal) is to walk in to people on the right and say "God? what's wrong with you? You're so stupid, can't you see that these people are manipulating you?" And, of course, the reaction is going to be "who the fuck are you telling me I'm stupid?" 

Bernie Sanders actually does a good job of NOT doing this. If you watch him interacting with people in Red states, he's very much "oh, shit, your life kind of sucks doesn't it? I'm sorry. Let's see if we can talk about why." The reason why someone like Trump was so successful is because, at least in part, he made people feel like they were heard. If we ever have any hope of progress, we really need to find a way to make everyone feel heard, but in a way that doesn't pander to violence, finger pointing, blame, and hatred. I don't know how we do that, but I do know that continuing to look towards those who are on the other side who are also suffering with nothing but hatred is only going to continue things as they stand. Calling someone stupid and utterly dismissing them as a person is not the way to figure anything out. 

16 hours ago, dingformung said:

I think that the narrative about the left behind lower classes that are disappointed with the establishment being the true reason for the right-shift is false. It's more a luxury problem. People don't know how politics work and what they have to lose. Poor education and a mostly privately owned media landscape do the rest. Moreover, the subtle mood of epochal change that is in the air makes people act weird. I know it well ?

It indeed is a problem when one side has absolutely idiotic core beliefs and the other one pretty reasonable ones.

See above - I don't disagree that one side is staunchly on the side of things that I would, personally, consider to be unreasonable, bordering on insane. But if that "side" is the one being led by those in power to believe this, then contempt and hatred is not going to solve anything. Again, I don't even know if it's possible for people who have gone so far down the rabbit hole that they genuinely believe that there is a cabal of cannabilistic pedophiles running the government to even approach the idea of setting aside their beliefs for a moment in order to engage in rationale discourse. I do know lumping people into the "your dumb/stupid/insane" ignores the fact that they are people who are suffering, whose suffering has caused them to reach out for something to believe in to alleviate that pain, and that it is both frightening and tragic that they have been led so far astray that there may be no path back. I also know that making someone into an "other" is exactly what leads people to internally justify all sorts of horrible things (see events of the past week or just the entirety of human existence). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Squee said:

Subject aside... I can't think of another human-being I would least like to play golf with than Trump. I've played with/against a bunch of idiots, and I'm 100% sure that Trump is one of those golfers who "lay eggs".

My dog does that