Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

18 minutes ago, MaartenVC said:

Trump might as well just release all prisoners from jail

this is a real position that a subtantial number of ppl on the left hold, though

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ignatius

• Nebraska

• goDel

• Rubin Farr

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

enough of this pissweak white apologism, at long last. apparently you haven't paid attention the last 5 years and understood the scale of what has occurred in that time. go take a cursory look at the 

A bunch of entitled/threatened/fearful white people have allowed themselves to be brainwashed to support the egotism of a common opportunist / cheap tie salesman. Now they are resorting to violen

Posted Images

The Obamas have arrived and the Clintons are hiding behind the Bushes to surprise them

awwwwww

• Squee changed the title to Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Should this thread be closed once the inauguration is over? Would be kinda nice, wouldn't it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
4 minutes ago, Squee said:

Should this thread be closed once the inauguration is over? Would be kinda nice, wouldn't it?

Anticipate needing a new thread for far-right shenanigans shortly, though...

• Haha 1
  • Burger 1
58 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:
1 hour ago, MaartenVC said:

Trump might as well just release all prisoners from jail

this is a real position that a subtantial number of ppl on the left hold, though

I hold that position, too, in a less extreme form. I think taking away a person's freedom requires a lot of justification. People who are a danger to others should of course go to jail, to ensure other people's freedom, but you can theoretically get into jail if you get caught fair-dodging too often. Prisons are responsible for an increase in crime, too (I suspect), they're universities of crime. Currently the US has as many prisoners as a small nation has inhabitants. US prisons are basically labour camps, people are pressured into working for an hourly wage of 20 cents to 3 dollars there (Victoria's Secret for example pays them 23 cents an hour to make some real sexy lingerie). They are not forced by direct violence but by continuous psychological pressure 24/7.

priso.thumb.png.f94e54b3084858dc6215e81804ccfd91.png

Edited by dingformung
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Squee said:

lock it up

• Farnsworth 1
8 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

Oh don't worry, just like most media outlets have pre-written most celebs' obituaries, WATMM has a "Far-right shenanigans"-thread prepared.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Squee said:

Yes please. 

13 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

ha, yeah this... and of course the coming years of litigation related to T's presidency/general criminality. as much as i'd like to see it closed, it might be good to keep it open as Now That Trump Was President... or something, idk

• Like 1

It's a relief that living shitpile (no offense to shitpiles) Trump is finally gone. I hope Biden can actually push through some legislation that would make it more difficult for another candidate like Trump to win again. Making sure voter rights are strenghted across board would be a nice start.

• Like 1
Just now, cear said:

Al Gore has a trumptan??

image.thumb.png.05ddb3b9c6a02736ebf8c0320165fa4c.png

Prolly due to global warming n' shit

Just now, Squee said:

Indeed. 

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Squee said:

maybe after the impeachment trial would make more sense. should be about a week from now that it's done.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, azatoth said:

It's a relief that living shitpile (no offense to shitpiles) Trump is finally gone. I hope Biden can actually push through some legislation that would make it more difficult for another candidate like Trump to win again. Making sure voter rights are strenghted across board would be a nice start.

eliminating the electoral college seems like a good idea.

also, puerto rico and DC should be states. this would make the senate less insane, which could have impacted the first impeachment.

the dems wrote the For The People Act, HR1, in the last congress (116th). this bill had numerous protections for the democratic process, which would have significantly increased turnout and reduced voter suppression

a few healthy measures that would help, off the top of my head. but right now the dems really have very slim majorities in both houses. people need to continue the activism through 2022 and through 2024 to reinforce dem majorities, to enable them to do some of these more drastic measures. this is the path

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Squee said:

I'm surprised there aren't any huge glass walls around the inaugural platform?

sure Secret Service has the area locked down & under very heavy surveillance for like a clear mile around.

2 minutes ago, Squee said:

I'm surprised there aren't any huge glass walls around the inaugural platform?

That's because there's a huge wall of 25,000 national guard troops in the blocks around the building.

RIP dongald, thanks for winning bigly with 400,000+ deaths. maybe if you'd got rid of that of old yee yee ass haircut you'd have had a second term on your dick.

• Like 1
  • Squee locked this topic