IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

I'm just perpetually loling at Cruz. his campaign now includes spamming people's mailboxes with what looks like a check that turns out to be a fake check written to himself. wtf.

56b7fea11a00002d00ab2293.png

56b8005c1800006f0080b705.jpeg

56b7fed11800002d0080b702.jpeg

56b7feeb1f00007f00217813.jpeg

56b7ff3b1800002d0080b704.jpeg

I gather other GOP candidates have done this sort of thing before. unreal. would not fly anywhere else.

So wait, is this essentially just Ted Cruz begging? Surely he should pull himself up by his bootstraps?

Something tells me Sanders' campaign is a direct response to the economic dive in fall 2008, and the subsequent OWS movement three years later. I'll bet he observed quietly and planned while it all unfolded.

If it weren't for today's social media (FB in particular), the odds probably wouldn't have been as much in his favor as they are now.

Or, to quote the other Clinton - "It's the economy, stupid"

Essentially.

I've got an untestable hypothesis that if Congress had pushed through a minimum wage hike at any point in the past 5-7 years it would've at least lightly quelled the disdain over rising costs of living/income inequality/etc. And if that hatred hadn't become so obviously bitter in so very many Americans mouths, we wouldn't be seeing these "extreme change needed" candidates (Trump/Sanders obv). Hell, Congress could've put on a show and let the minimum wage hike go through but 'because Obama' and got away with it...but they didn't, and now they're getting an increasingly disgruntled masses. So now the Republican party is near splintering and the Dems are losing control/understanding of their voters and their voters' needs.

Not reporting anything new, but it just seems like every Trump supporter I've seen on FB and elsewhere in the past several months is intellectually challenged.

If it turns out that Bernie doesn't have a snowball's chance, I'm voting Trump. You think I'm joking. Fuck Cruz and fuck Clinton. We don't need petty, fake, status quo shit. We need crazy right now, and we need big crazy. Devil or angel.

Not reporting anything new, but it just seems like every Trump supporter I've seen on FB and elsewhere in the past several months is intellectually challenged.

If it turns out that Bernie doesn't have a snowball's chance, I'm voting Trump. You think I'm joking. Fuck Cruz and fuck Clinton. We don't need petty, fake, status quo shit. We need crazy right now, and we need big crazy. Devil or angel.

We need crazy?

We need crazy?

We need someone who is going to make people feel strongly about the future, for better or worse. Crazy may not have been the best word. Audacious, maybe.

Note: I do, in fact, think Trump is batshit but I will vote for him if Hillary irredeemably steals Bernie's thunder. If it's Cruz vs. Clinton I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do.

I'm having a reaallly hard time imagining it but you may be right. If Hillary gets it, though, she'll make sure the sausage continues to get made while spinning it like she's the cool mom of the working class and minorities.

Mostly I am just getting sick of people taking Trump too seriously because he is just a diversion from the real threat... I hope Bernie splits off as independent soon because the DNC are not kind to him so far.

Not sure what people feeling strongly is supposed to mean. Talking about climate change, isis, banks , healthcare and what not makes clear that people already have strong feelings. Perhaps they're not feeling strong, because the end of the world seems always around the corner. But that's a mental state not any president will change. Or worse even, that's a mental state which populists, like Trump, build their strategies on. What do you expect from a Trump in the whitehouse? Will a Chinese wall at the mexican border make people feel strongly again?

Not saying people shouldn't vote Trump, but I just don't understand the reasoning behind it. Other than "I'm angry, so f@ck you, I'm voting for the most a-political asshole of the bunch".

Edit: trump is not a fruitcake. He's actually more like a real a-hole

Edited by goDel

What do you expect from a Trump in the whitehouse?

I expect him to fuck everything up and for everyone to notice pretty quickly. I ultimately want a real moderate but policy and dialog has eroded so badly that it's going to be impossible without someone extreme in there first, one way or the other, to either break everything (Trump) or to speak truth to power and be brutally honest about the response to it while it lasts (Sanders). And I do think Bernie is more moderate than Clinton, probably the most centrist of all of them, it just doesn't seem like it because the atmosphere is so toxic.

Edited by sweepstakes

Also I think left-leaning folks that are afraid of Trump watch too many movies or play too many video games, because the dude really has that over-the-top villain vibe.

Speaking of movies, I assume everyone has seen "The Art of the Deal"?

If not, grab a scotch, and watch this wonderful Trump biopic.

If it's Cruz vs. Clinton I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do.

Seriously? If Cruz gets in then WW3 is back on the agenda.

Cruz is a fucking nightmare.

Bernie running as an independent would be a good idea btw!

A good idea if electing a Republican as the next president is your desired outcome.

Unless Trump ends up running as an independent too, a four way race would be pretty insane.

If Bernie gets to be POTUS, I seriously doubt he can affect much change. I think he's far more sincere than Obama was during his campaign. As soon as Obama got into office, he fell in line with the mainstream. The GOP are still in control of the House and Senate and have a majority on the state and municipal levels. The Dems run a good presidential game but are truly bad at the other games. The GOP will continue to be the party of no if the Bern (or Hillary for that matter) get the WH and nothing will get done for the next four or eight years.