IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

On 11/22/2019 at 10:06 PM, Nebraska said:

so i'm guessing kellyanne is about to be fired

Nah. Nikki will either follow up Pompeo or be the next Bolton. And Pompeo will not be fired. He will 'just' leave. His department doesnt trust him anymore. At this point, he'd be better off playing Trumps next Giuliani. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/23/us/politics/navy-discipline-edward-gallagher.html

The secretary of the Navy and the admiral who leads the SEALs have threatened to resign or be fired if plans to expel a commando from the elite unit in a war crimes case are halted by President Trump, administration officials said Saturday. 

The threats by the Navy secretary, Richard V. Spencer, and the commander, Rear Adm. Collin Green, are a rare instance of pushback against Mr. Trump from members of the Defense Department.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1089661?__twitter_impression=true

Navy Secretary Spencer considered quitting over Trump's demand the Navy stop a probe of SEAL Eddie Gallagher. Military leaders lobbied Trump to reconsider.

So, hear me ramble for a couple of lines:
(this may be a hard read for those who are USA citizens)

I feel like Trump is one of the biggest threats the USA itself ever had to face. 

At first, not being from the USA myself, I thought the whole Trump-thing was hilarious, idiotic, and rather harmful to the world,...
... but the longer this goes on I realize more and more how this Trump-reality is an even bigger threat to the USA itself. 

Sometimes I think the USA may deserve having all this recent misery brought upon them (for fragging things up in the past all over the world for example) (though the USA has also brought plenty of great advancing things to the world) (yes, I'm conflicted),...
... but honestly a lot of young, good and innocent people of the USA do not deserve this rather alarming doom. 

I think the people of the USA should have came to this realization even before the Trump-train(wreck) got going. (it is their country, isn't it?)
Now it almost seems like intentional self-harm, which is really weird. (why would you do that, you could have predicted this, couldn't you?)
(or maybe, just maybe, this couldn't have been prevented at all, the train was already set in motion a long time ago by forces you could not have been able to stop, ever)

It's so frustrating to see how one person (or whatever/whoever gave him this power) can do so much harm. (to the USA ánd to the world)
The international relations of the USA to the rest of the world now seem at a frighteningly all-time low in my opinion. 
Other international powers certainly are profiting/will be profiting from all this,... for good ... or for worse.

Now lastly: (don't read this if you want to keep your rose-tinted glasses on) 
This almost seems like it has the early marks of the downfall (or deterioration) (or transition) of an ancient civilization. (in this case the federal republic representative democracy of the United Sates of America)

Maybe, let's just hope something good will eventually come out of this. 
Well, that is, the people of the USA should make sure that they themselves actually do create something good out of this. 
Now is not the time for neglect, but action. Think of the future. What would you want it to be for the USA? 
It's for the benefit of all. 

That's all for now.
Obviously I'm not from the USA, so you may interpret this rambling as just another far-away opinion from an outsider, or you can interpret this as a sort of inspiration to act. 

4 hours ago, MaartenVC said:

So, hear me ramble for a couple of lines:
(this may be a hard read for those who are USA citizens)

I feel like Trump is one of the biggest threats the USA itself ever had to face. 

At first, not being from the USA myself, I thought the whole Trump-thing was hilarious, idiotic, and rather harmful to the world,...
... but the longer this goes on I realize more and more how this Trump-reality is an even bigger threat to the USA itself. 

Sometimes I think the USA may deserve having all this recent misery brought upon them (for fragging things up in the past all over the world for example) (though the USA has also brought plenty of great advancing things to the world) (yes, I'm conflicted),...
... but honestly a lot of young, good and innocent people of the USA do not deserve this rather alarming doom. 

I think the people of the USA should have came to this realization even before the Trump-train(wreck) got going. (it is their country, isn't it?)
Now it almost seems like intentional self-harm, which is really weird. (why would you do that, you could have predicted this, couldn't you?)
(or maybe, just maybe, this couldn't have been prevented at all, the train was already set in motion a long time ago by forces you could not have been able to stop, ever)

It's so frustrating to see how one person (or whatever/whoever gave him this power) can do so much harm. (to the USA ánd to the world)
The international relations of the USA to the rest of the world now seem at a frighteningly all-time low in my opinion. 
Other international powers certainly are profiting/will be profiting from all this,... for good ... or for worse.

Now lastly: (don't read this if you want to keep your rose-tinted glasses on) 
This almost seems like it has the early marks of the downfall (or deterioration) (or transition) of an ancient civilization. (in this case the federal republic representative democracy of the United Sates of America)

Maybe, let's just hope something good will eventually come out of this. 
Well, that is, the people of the USA should make sure that they themselves actually do create something good out of this. 
Now is not the time for neglect, but action. Think of the future. What would you want it to be for the USA? 
It's for the benefit of all. 

That's all for now.
Obviously I'm not from the USA, so you may interpret this rambling as just another far-away opinion from an outsider, or you can interpret this as a sort of inspiration to act. 

I just typed up an absurdly long response on my mobile that got lost because my thumb accidentally nudged the right side of the screen and your user page showed up. When I tried going back by swiping the left side of the screen and nothing happened, I hit the back button on my browser and it all was gone. When typing longer posts, I’ve gotten in the habit of selecting all and copying from time to time but when I tried it this time (prior to losing my post), nothing was actually selected and I had no option to copy. 

I’m actually really angry right now.

My stupid iOS browser still won’t let me select all and copy so I won’t try to retype everything. 

My basic point was that it’s not just about Trump. It’s the RNC, Fox News and every elected republican representative in lock-step, backed by voters who are being manipulated by tentpole issues like abortion, immigration, and the 2nd amendment. The whole thing is a part of a strategy to undermine successful government and skirt laws/regulations that get in the way of corporate profiteering. 
It’s a tough nut to crack. 

• Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

A couple of tweets (thread) by you know who, about the defense team Trump might run during the impeachment trials. Because this isnt reported on in the media, its useful to be ..eh.. prepared for that shitshow. 

didn't russel simmons beat his wife or something? or was accused of rape like a dozen times? something something?  

fuck trump tho. of course. totally fuck him. fuck him to death in his stupid asshole.

• Haha 1
  • Burger 1

well now i'm sure he will end the trade war he started, in his last year, as he's being impeached.

btw that was congressional legislation for which they had veto-proof majority. trump signing the bill means nothing in terms of his actual support of the democratic protestors. in fact he has been loudly cheering xi's brutal crack-down for months.

11 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

I'm really anxious to see Trump flip on Guliani, as he was US Attorney for the SDNY and Mayor of NYC for a combined 13 years.  No one has more dirt on Trump except maybe Russia.

some are saying it's looking like trump is throwing rudy under the bus, which could make it easier for giuliani to flip on trump. trump's been asked about giuliani's instructions to others regarding ukraine and trump responded "you have to talk to rudy about that." that's exactly what he said when people asked him about the criminal charges that cohen was facing, and trump's involvement, before cohen went to prison for them - "you have to speak with michael about that." 

sondland, the EU ambassador, in the wake of the ukraine ambassador's abrupt, dishonest dismissal, testified trump instructed him to go to rudy, with regard to instructions for ukraine. trump seems to have tried to use rudy like a condom, as a layer behind which he could hide. some of the other state/defense people who testified also established that rudy was the guy trump delegated regarding ukraine "diplomacy."

trump in recent days has been denying that he instructed rudy to push for a biden investigation. this sounds a lot like trump putting it on rudy, as though he was somehow rogue.

rudy has been saying that he has insurance against trump, in case he is thrown under the bus. he even specified where, his safe, to make sure the fbi will include it in any warrants. he has suggested he has recordings of trump going back decades.

the next year is going to be a historic shit show. the house intelligence committee is continuing their investigation of the ukraine scandal even as they hand off their report to the judiciary committee for impeachment articles because there are still a lot of threads to follow and there is a lot of evidence pending, but already they have a case that's strong enough to establish impeachable offenses. the mueller evidence, including grand jury evidence and mcgahn testimony, is likely to become available in january or february, based on court scheduling. tax info is bound to hit congress/the public any day now, likely including further crimes and suspect links to foreign actors. the fbi, who arrested rudy's accomplices lev parnas and igor fruman as they were trying to flee the country the night before their scheduled congressional testimony, seem to be looking very hard at giuliani and, honestly, him being indicted looks not unlikely. at first people were asking who was paying rudy - trump or the us gov? then it came out that it was neither. lev parnas was paying giuliani at least a half million dollars. this is the guy who started the company "fraud guaruntee" to try to wash search results of pages describing his previous fraud activity. his partner, igor fruman, owns a club in ukraine named "mafia rave." 

lev parnas seems to be cooperating, he has been cooperating with congressional investigations, which means he either is or wants to cooperate with the feds, too. he gave congress recordings he took of giuliani. 

but at the same time, there's bill barr, burrowing around in the justice department, cooking up off-the-books investigations into by-the-books fbi investigations. and there's trump, threatening and firing law enforcement officals who cross him and engaging in regular obstruction of justice. and there's the GOP-congress/right-wing-media information blob, thwarting the faculty of reason in america, so that pro-climate-change powers can maintain control and abortions can be illegal.

top this with an election system in disrepair, a president welcoming hostile election interference, and this president being a cornered animal who can reasonably expect prison time after leaving office. it will be a good year to have cable.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1