IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Inside the Confidential N.F.L. Meeting to Discuss National Anthem Protests

The New England Patriots owner Robert K. Kraft pointed to another “elephant in the room.”

“This kneeling,” he said.

“The problem we have is, we have a president who will use that as fodder to do his mission that I don’t feel is in the best interests of America,” said Kraft, who is a longtime supporter of Mr. Trump’s. “It’s divisive and it’s horrible.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/25/sports/nfl-owners-kaepernick.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

I won't rule out the possibility that this could potentially be the first presidential term in US history in which a First Lady would abandon her position before the sitting president's term is up.

At least that I'm aware of.

The pre-nup between her and Donnie must be something insane. I think I recall him boasting back in the day about what a great deal it was for him, meaning she'll probably end up penniless and in a Slovak prison if she tries to divorce him.

Really interesting to see the dynamic between Trump and Macron.

Looks like Macron understands who Trump is and is able to push all the right buttons. Or rather, it looks like Trump thinks this is the case, if you know what I mean. It's about the way Trump drops his guard when he's around Macron. Compare that with when he's with Merkel, for instance. There seems to be a positive chemistry. Which could be concerning (eg. The 'chemistry' between Trump and Putin), but Macron appears to make the right statements publicly. So I don't believe it's some sort of malign conspirators kind of chemistry (again, see Trump and Putin). They have good chemistry regardless of differing positions. I almost start to believe Macron to be the kind of guy who can keep Trump on track on international policies. Even though Trump is explicitly on the protectionist/nationalist track. Which would be nice. But it's this chemistry thing which makes it interesting. How can, or does, Macron push the right buttons, when many others can not? He's explicitly influencing Trump on an international stage. And to me it looks like he's doing a hell of a job!

He's a good actor? Macron is suave and debonair. Donnie sees him as a cool James bond type, so he wants to hang with him. Macron then turns around and uses big words when speaking to Congress that Donnie doesn't understand, yet he gets bro hugs and hears "you're the man don Don", which insecure Donnie is flattered by. As long as macron doesn't personally insult him, then Donnie could care less what his master plan is. But one whiff that macron has called him a douchebag - Donnie sics his maga army on him and it's back to freedom fries and french wine spilling down the gutters...

can someone explain the implications of this to me?

In a nutshell, I mean.

Not much to it dude:

The details: The bill passed the committee with a 14-7 vote — with Republican Sens. Chuck Grassley, Lindsey Graham, Jeff Flake, and Thom Tillis voting in favor along with all of the committee's Democrats. Per The New York Times, the bill would give "any special counsel a 10-day window to seek expedited judicial review of a firing and would put into law existing Justice Department regulations that a special counsel must be fired for good cause." However, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has already said he wouldn't bring the bill to the Senate floor for a vote.

If it doesn't go to the Senate floor for a vote, it means nothing. It's just a show that 'these people want this to be' but has literally zero hope of actually being a law/rule that has any effect on Trump or any president's abilities to fire any special counsel. Half of Axios content is just clickbait for the left, last I've seen, and this seems to be one of those articles. 

Mitch McConnell is like the prison warden in The Shawshank Redemption, if he were played by a 132 year old tortoise. 

Said warden also shoots himself in the end before he could be arrested for bribery.

One of the reasons I like the comparison so much.

man that fox & fiends interview was hard to watch. it's always painful to watch trump, but that really took the cake and peed on it. he's beyond insane. i've honestly never been more glued to the news in my life, and am making a serious conscious effort to not just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  through this entire greasy horror show.