IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

nice to see the targetting of mcconnell. he led the stonewalling of obama and led the republicans deep into fantasyland. get that fucker out of there.

Edited by very honest

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

we have a flag day? is this new? do other countries have this?

flag day is not new.. that image of the idiot hugging the flag is so cringey and hilarious. it doesn't seem real and i'm wondering if the simulation will get any weirder. 

14 hours ago, bendish said:

I hope they put him under oath the next time he's doing an interview. George was doing Muellers work there. Although, to be fair, Trump would always stick to his 'I can't recall' answers when talking about what had happened during the 2016 election. 

Ironically, that Dowd voicemail to Flynn's lawyer about potential national security threats implies there actually is a national security threat. Trumps conduct is a continuing source of national security threats.

You know you've been mindfucked by Trump if ....

If you start to consider Trump actually can't think conceptually but is more an old fashioned practical "seeing is believing" thinker, in the context of getting info on political opponents from foreign interests. He seems to reason that you have to look at the info first before you can even argue that the FBI needs to be informed. Why bother going to the FBI if there's nothing there? It's all nonsense, of course. But he makes it seem as a reasonable position. Which he might actually believe. If there's no info, there's nothing there. See? 

I've seen a couple of psychologists talking about people's ability to think conceptually as a fairly recent 'invention'. And that people for thousands of years have mostly operated on a practical level. Conceptual thinking is mostly mumbo jumbo. If it's not in front of you, it's basically irrelevant.

Trying to understand Trump is a complete mindfuck. :(

Did y'all see that donnie replaced MAGA with KAG?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/19/politics/donald-trump-campaign-slogan-2020/index.html

Trump also literally audience-tested his latest campaign slogan, asking the crowd to cheer for one of two options to determine what his 2020 slogan would be: "Make American Great Again" or "Keep America Great."

The loudest cheers would determine his pick.

I personally think he should've gone with Keep America Great AGAIN... y'know, a straight MAGA to KAGA swap.

MAGA is one of the most effectively ridiculous slogans in political history, and to replace it with a wimpy "keep america great" feels like a let down. "KAG" sounds like some fucking star trek character, whereas "KAGA" has a king kong primate-like roar about it. Plus, KAG doesn't roll off the tongue as well as KAGA, and he needs it to be as baby-like and mindless for it to catch on with the zombie army, for then they'll start chanting to their master:

KAH-GAH

KAH-GAH

KAH-GAH

Edited by zero

^^ saw that. i think the hollywood council said they don't replace those stars because they're a part of history.

Tehran, Iran (CNN)Iranian shot down a United States military drone on Thursday, further escalating the already volatile situation playing out between Washington and Tehran in the Middle East.

35 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

^^ saw that. i think the hollywood council said they don't replace those stars because they're a part of history.

Just heard about that. Iran had a sovereign right to do so. I really fucking hope the administration doesn't pull the trigger over this.

From what I can tell they've been trying to shove Iran this whole time in hopes that they'll throw a punch back, because they really, really want a fight.

Trump is an absolute bully. Always has been. His legacy will be as the biggest rotten taint of a POTUS in our history. I hope something terrible happens to him soon.

unforgivable that donnie destabilized the iran situation the way he did. after the internationl community painstakingly bringing iran into the fold and defusing a terrible powder keg, chump pulled the rug out. now it is a volatile situation again. they've been insulted after reluctantly signing an accord with adversaries. donnie deliberately soured a peace agreement. i'm not sure if there are words in the english language that really describe the scope of the error and the horror of the occurrance. this is like a new form of obscene. when i try to imagine things more vulgar, only the most terrible occurances in known history seem to qualify. this is worse than losing people's kids. the possible consequences are mind boggling.

Edited by very honest

It kind of looks like the American war machine doing what it does. They do this every time they want to start a war.

Having Chump at the head of the military, though, is unfortunate for everyone involved. The guy thinks he can play 3D chess when he's really playing Candy Land.

just vote him out next time, please. the man is hurting the world economy with his tariffs. and now threatening world peace. knock it off already, with that orange infant.

Preview of what might happen - no invasion is going to be possible

Trump era military conflicts seem really akin to clusterfuck Reagan era operations which seem criminally undermentioned by the left and right. Examples would include the Lebanon barracks bombing (241 Marines) and Syrian shootdown that killed a Navy pilot and got another captured (Jesse Jackson help negotiate his release), the Grenada invasion that had incidents like US personal using tourist maps for navigation and 4 Navy SEALs drowning because they were dropped off in the wrong spot in bad weather, the air strikes on Libya were two pilots were shot down, the USS Stark (37 killed) being hit by Iraqi jets despite our then support of their military against Iran. Likewise the US shot down an Iranian airliner killing 274. Now we have perpetual black ops in Africa, middle east, and Afghanistan, the US Pacific fleet has been riddled with corruption and lack of readiness that resulted in two deadly ship collisions, and there's still the SEAL outed for war crimes, absurdly underreported murder of a US Green Beret by two SEALs he reported for illicit activity, and the 4 soldiers ambushed, killed and left in to be eaten by vultures for hours in Niger. Pentagon budget is bigger than ever for these endless wars that basically serve as realpolitik maintenace for nefarious allies (DPRK is still working on nukes and Sauds are seeking nuclear power as well) and live fire exercises for the military industrial complex. Bullshit support our troops jingoism is being pushed by those in the public who have no idea what's going on and think the military has this slick, untarnished image seen in fucking Hollywood movies. It's depressing as fuck.

2 hours ago, goDel said:

just vote him out next time, please. the man is hurting the world economy with his tariffs. and now threatening world peace. knock it off already, with that orange infant.

I'm pretty sure there'll be four more years of this shit, unless some really bad dirt blows up in his face or he's killed.

not if people are actually going to vote! yes there's at least 40% voting for the orange fruitcake. that leaves plenty of dems, swingers and former cons to vote against trump. this is very much a vote for or against trump. moreso than 2016. that was more a for/against clinton as well. this times is def different, imo. 

29 minutes ago, goDel said:

not if people are actually going to vote! yes there's at least 40% voting for the orange fruitcake. that leaves plenty of dems, swingers and former cons to vote against trump. this is very much a vote for or against trump. moreso than 2016. that was more a for/against clinton as well. this times is def different, imo. 

Yeah, i think a lot of people who voted for him thought it was all an act during the campaign and now realize he's not kidding, he's sincerely retarded. 

• Like 1

^ I think someone here (Joshuatx?) expertly broke down the different kinds of Trump voters probably 200 pages ago and yeah, a lot thought his campaign behavior was all for show and he wouldn't be that bad once he got into office...

the few 2016 Trump voters I know voted for him because they completely hated Hilary.