IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Since it's apparent he will never have anything substantive to say and behaves like a dangerous warmongering dictator, why can't the media come together for once in a lifetime and put him on a massive "ignore?" Stop reporting on his tweets, stop putting him in the headlines, just basically fucking ignore the prick since we know he thrives on attention...and currently everything is pointed at him 24/7.

It would be doubly awesome if the media would ignore Crump and troll him by pretending Obama is still president...CNN headline "Obama visits orphanage today" "Obama goes to Starbucks today" etc...

today the local news had a story about twitter users saying they found melania's body double. 

24 hour news cycle puts everything on all the time. 

Is there ANY examples of die-hard Trump supporters now realizing what they have done and regretting the shit out of it AND trying to turn their former fanboys?

Or is the human mind just not capable of such clarity?

I saw one of these focus group type segments on CNN, where a Southern white female voter over 65 came to the realization on camera (after some education from the moderator) that she might have voted herseld out of healthcare coverage. It's sad so see someone of probly high school level education taken advantage of like that by a billionaire who shits in a golden toilet, but the Bible Belt blue collar white voters consistently vote against their own interests.

Is there ANY examples of die-hard Trump supporters now realizing what they have done and regretting the shit out of it AND trying to turn their former fanboys?

I saw one of these focus group type segments on CNN, where a Southern white female voter over 65 came to the realization on camera (after some education from the moderator) that she might have voted herseld out of healthcare coverage. It's sad so see someone of probly high school level education taken advantage of like that by a billionaire who shits in a golden toilet, but the Bible Belt blue collar white voters consistently vote against their own interests.

but we can understand why someone voted for tump...he lied...told people what they wanted to hear....roused the crowds...and then there was hilary..seen as corrupt continuation of entrenched elite...many mcs pissed with obama for raising their premiums....wcs pissed that factories getting taken out of country...while trump says hell stop them....comey....etc....its stupid...but it makes sense

Bush did, however, attend Trump’s inauguration and reportedly told those around him of the latter’s speech: “That was some weird shit.”

lol

i can totally see him saying something like that.. totally believable. 

same here, followed by a "heh heh" and then a thoughtful, somewhat sad sigh

The Bush family, while conservative, is quite moderate and civil. Been overshadowed by plenty of massive blunders, which are warranted, but even W was one to discuss, compromise, and try to unite. Hell, he literally used to give weekly addresses in English AND Spanish. He's also very different regarding his opinions of Russia and Putin.

For example, HW publicly resigned his lifetime membership from the NRA way back in 1995. IIRC he didn't vote for Trump nor did his son. Dubya has been pretty quiet and humbled as an ex president, he's hinted at disdain with Trump earlier, but it's been subtle.

5:00...

Edited by joshuatx

Some might in hindsight. I think the only ones regretting it where the first time voters or "independent" voters who didn't know better. There are also the GOP folks who are happy for budget cuts and that the stock market is up but will tell you, albeit behind closed doors, that Trump is a fool. Know a relative like this. Otherwise everyone else is in it for the long haul. I don't expect any regret expressed until long after this is over and the damage is done...and they will likely downplay their support in hindsight.

Unfortunately I know more Trump voters (thanfully overall, more people I know are not) who are emboldened by Trump, not regretting it at all. It's a cult. It's mass delusion. The idea of confronting them with facts and moral objectivity is over. My best guess is that they like this martydom they have created in their heads - notice how they always tend to deflect, distract, and focus on "libtards" "cucks" etc. They are united in hate, cynicism, and privileged whining. They can't even express any positive goals or attributes to Trump that aren't vague or fantastical. I

t's all about destruction of the status quo in their minds. They love this civil war of tweets and social media trolling...which ironically, means they are very defensive and sensitive to actual violence or confrontation IRL. Literally seen a person I know on FB who posts nothing but anti-liberal shit cry about how I was too mean and dickish in a comment section debate and how "he didn't care about any actual debate but just was mad I was a brainwashed liberal apologist." They are so anti-snowflake that they have become snowflakes themselves.

Reasonable analysis cheers! 

On the lowest level of all this shit... DT's entire manner is plain vacuous and nauseating. A creepy manchild. I just don't how so many people bypass that, never,mind the BS "governance". Its like thinking David Brent was a "great boss". 

It would be doubly awesome if the media would ignore Crump and troll him by pretending Obama is still president...CNN headline "Obama visits orphanage today" "Obama goes to Starbucks today" etc...

This would be amazing, lol

YES

but we can understand why someone voted for tump...he lied...told people what they wanted to hear....roused the crowds...and then there was hilary..seen as corrupt continuation of entrenched elite...many mcs pissed with obama for raising their premiums....wcs pissed that factories getting taken out of country...while trump says hell stop them....comey....etc....its stupid...but it makes sense

But part of the election process is trying to find out if a candidate is trustworthy. If those who voted for him, or for any candidate, didn't do their research, it's on them. Like the person Rubin describes, I can't feel sorry for her. She did it to herself. IMO she wasn't taken advantage of: she willingly voted for him, and there was AMPLE evidence of his lies, abuse, goals, and general attitude. Seeking to weed out liars/etc. is part of the process in an election, hell, in hiring anyone for any job, really. If the voters aren't doing their job by purposefully ignoring the obvious, well it's their own fucking fault what they get. And many will suffer for it because of the wonderful US system of winner-take-all, oh-you've-only-got-two-real-choices bullshit. Rant over, sorry. Not directed at anyone I quoted really, just a rant :)

This would be amazing, lol

YES

This would be genius.

feeling that admitting you were wrong is more embarrassing and humiliating than continuing to believe absolute crap

and straight up lies are accepted. 

so, the trump vs the congresswoman about the phonecall... the call came when they were in the car.. on the way to view the arrival of the body.. the call was put on speakerphone.. everyone in the car heard the call. 

the congresswoman.. the goofy one who wears the big hats.. she had known the soldier personally for like 12 years or something nad met him through some program she started that helps at risk kids or something.. the family had invited her to come along to view the body as it arrived w/all the military respects adn flag on teh coffin etc.. 

but media not really reporting the whole story widely.. 

also, this latest controversy that she apparently said something at the groundbreaking of the FBI building is also just a lie.. miami herald dug up the video and she says nothing disrespectful.. media asked the question to huckabee sanders fucktard in the press briefing.. she says "oh it wasn't on mic.. it was something she said to someone she was talking to and was overheard" this groundbreaking ceremony was 5 years ago.. wtf.. these poeple just make shit up.. 

feeling that admitting you were wrong is more embarrassing and humiliating than continuing to believe absolute crap

so, the trump vs the congresswoman about the phonecall... the call came when they were in the car.. on the way to view the arrival of the body.. the call was put on speakerphone.. everyone in the car heard the call. 

the congresswoman.. the goofy one who wears the big hats.. she had known the soldier personally for like 12 years or something nad met him through some program she started that helps at risk kids or something.. the family had invited her to come along to view the body as it arrived w/all the military respects adn flag on teh coffin etc.. 

also, this latest controversy that she apparently said something at the groundbreaking of the FBI building is also just a lie.. miami herald dug up the video and she says nothing disrespectful.. media asked the question to huckabee sanders fucktard in the press briefing.. she says "oh it wasn't on mic.. it was something she said to someone she was talking to and was overheard" this groundbreaking ceremony was 5 years ago.. wtf.. these poeple just make shit up.. 

wheres the source on this? i.e. hat ladys relationship with soldier

unnamed-chunk-10-1.png

dont be confused by the red. both sides are democrats. it means they most likely won't take the house next year

That's not surprising, so long as the Corpocrats are still in charge of the DNC. But then again a lot can change in a year.

Had to laugh at this quote from a student about Sean Spicer, after a Q&A session:

And what are the students taking away from this encounter with a master of his field? “I learned that the media was not misrepresenting him in how they were talking about him six months ago,” said one Harvard Kennedy School student. “I was kind of expecting him to be better than how he was portrayed through the press, but he was pretty much just as slimy and weaselly as I’d thought he was.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/harvard-kennedy-sean-spicer-students_us_59e8d273e4b06b440e446d10?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

I'm just waiting for the US to go full on post apocalyptic hell-hole, can't be long now.

2916258_orig.jpg

unnamed-chunk-10-1.png

dont be confused by the red. both sides are democrats. it means they most likely won't take the house next year

That's not surprising, so long as the Corpocrats are still in charge of the DNC. But then again a lot can change in a year.

Yeah the Dems being weak is a huge problem of course, but the gerrymandering bullshit is a bigger factor in this from all I've read.

unnamed-chunk-10-1.png

Yeah the Dems being weak is a huge problem of course, but the gerrymandering bullshit is a bigger factor in this from all I've read.

yes. this page shows the popular vote forecast as well as the seats forecast, and the democrats win the popular vote by 9% but end up with fewer seats. this is consistent with the MIT findings on gerrymandering, summarized as it giving a 15% advantage to republicans with the current district maps. i noticed the MIT findings confimed in the 2016 elections, also.

2020 is the next census, and the next opportunity for more gerrymandering.

the issue went to the supreme court last month, following the judicial win on the topic in wisconsin. the SC is still mulling it over. 

too bad the republicans stonewalled obama being able to fill the vacancy for a year, and trump got to appoint a guy. will be some nice tragedy if he decides it, though, last i heard, his stance is still TBD.

Edited by very honest

wheres the source on this? i.e. hat ladys relationship with soldier

miami herald.   

ps - random.  i grew up in miami and lived on miami gardens dr. this soldier is from miami gardens neighborhood. 

here's the source for them being int he car. 

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/miami-gardens/article179433356.html

and here's the bit about her mentoring the soldier when he was younger

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article179454126.html

“This is very personal for me,” Wilson said. She had mentored Johnson as part of her signature 5000 Role Models project that provides educational opportunities for young African American males.

“I’ll fight Mr. Trump toe to toe. He’s fighting the wrong one now. He doesn’t need to start up anything with me. He said what he said and he needs to call her and say he’s sorry and go on and run the country before he takes us to war. He spends too much time on stuff that doesn’t have to do with running this country,” Wilson said.

Earlier Wednesday, Wilson responded to Trump’s tweet in a conversation with CNN. “Trump should be acting presidential “instead of calling me a liar and calling everyone else in the car a liar. He doesn’t even know how to sympathize with people.”