IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Nice one, it's probably so his remains can be shipped back to the US if ninjas kill him.

Oh that makes sense. I figured he owned ivory butt plugs overseas that he wants to bring home to the white house.

I figured he has no fucking idea what he's doing and saw an easy opportunity to piss off libs/Dems so he did it without thinking more than half a second about it

Well yeah, he is a cyst basically.

you're being too kind

I know..

But I think it's safe to say the post-election honeymoon phase for his supporters is over, one year later. There are some who voted for him who are now more woke and see him for the dirt bag that he is, and the rest that are still loyal are...well, you know.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/11/trump-tweets-franken/546179/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KWXNGpAWtM

maybe its just because i'm a horrible man, but I don't believe she was traumatised by any of that

I feel like she's auditioning for a role in the sarah palin biopic

trump:palin 2020

^ I was immediately in the "let the hammer fall where it may" camp regarding the Franken thing - i.e. give this thing an objective standard with ANY public official or person in power, even ones I respect and/or like. 

That said, even if she's 100% honest, sincere, and correct (I don't think she is TBH - more on that below) this is still a much less damning charge compared to those against the POTUS in the past, Moore, various celebrities of late, etc.

Franken wasn't in office when this occurred IIRC - he was still just that old SNL writer who ripped on Rush Limbaugh all the time. The context is him being probably dumb, inappropriate, but nonetheless silly. It was a USO tour appearance, and that means 'here's a comedian, he's some attractive female model, here's some C+/B- celeb, now they'll do a dumb skit" as a context. He's 'groping' a flak jacket ffs. So very possible he made her uncomfortable, and that unwanted awkwardness and feeling violated occurred that day. But that picture speaks volumes both ways - this wasn't done with her in a vulnerable place, or alone, or in a context of power and authority. I bet 100% there are Democratic male senators who have...but few as popular, respected, and potential POTUS nominees as Franken. I can't help but feel there is something else behind the scenes that prompted this. This is totally going to make rounds on talk radio and FOX for weeks, the same weeks damage control and deflection for Moore goes on. It screams ploy.

I think it was right for Franken to apologize and liberals to say "there's no excuse" but not the best course is to ignore it and move on. I bet no one else will step forward and complain about him. Except like, I dunno, Victoria Jackson or some shit.

I don't know guys, I don't think that's going to cut it. However you feel that she's being overdramatic or impersonating Sarah Palin, it's not up to us to decide what did or didn't traumatize her.  Just because whatever he did wasn't as despicable as Roy Moore doesn't mean that he shouldn't be scrutinized or that we should dismiss this as a "ploy."

That being said, I think that we can all agree that Roy Moore's lawyer on MSNBC is the either the greatest performance art or the most dramatic career suicide of 2017.

I guess the flowchart in terms of statistical probability for these things is to believe the accuser

its probably my liberal bias, and the fact that I like al franken

there's just something that seems off to me about that interview though 

Franken barely fucked up at all, and yeah it is a ploy. Did anyone really think the idea of automatically believing every accuser wouldn’t be taken advantage of at some point?

For fuck’s sake our democracy is being stolen from us but oh no this poor woman got non-groped with hover hands over a bullet proof vest and she’s been paid to lie in the past, get your shit together people.

Edited by Candiru

Despite denials from the campaign and the White House, it is now clear that members of the Trump campaign interacted with Russians at least 31 times throughout the campaign. (There are at least 19 known meetings.) Knowledge of these communications went to the highest levels of Donald Trump’s operation — both Corey Lewandowski and Paul Manafort, two of the campaign’s three managers, were aware of it.

Since the information about members of the Trump campaign’s contacts with Russians has come out in dribs and drabs, as a public service, we compiled a comprehensive timeline of what we now know from media reports and court documents detailing which members of the campaign met with Russians during the campaign as well as internal discussions about those meetings. We will update this timeline as necessary.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/11/13/all-of-the-known-times-the-trump-campaign-met-with-russians/?utm_term=.4e40c7e3c139&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

He apologized and offered to have an ethics investigation on himself. She accepted his apology and said an ethics investigation was unnecessary and that he didn’t need to step down. This is all after Roger Stone mentioned it on Twitter the night before her accusation just in case there was any suspicion it was a hit job. The other accuser was even weaker sauce.

The way me and my coworkers of both sexes would joke around with each other, we must all deserve to go to prison, ffs.

...by this person

https://tchiya.wordpress.com/about/

not saying you can't be a wingnut and still a victim, but still, this person seems to be completely full of shit in other areas of life, so it does make you wonder. 

her site is amazing. there's some awesome typos. 

love-eagles-copy.jpg?w=300&h=225

After Tchiya’s gig at Chicago hard Rick Cafe July, 27 2013

it's hard rock.. hard rock cafe. 

the "earthy hippie ambient world music crystal healing black liberation yoga program" sect of humans is w/o variation extremely difficult for me to stomach. go do your thing but stay the fuck away from me w/that goo-head shit. 

also, is it worth wondering if her trajectory for life turned drastically after the alleged drugging/raping? as she says it did. 

is it unlikely that a predator only did this act the one time? does that happen.. ."i'll drug and rape this women here and see how it goes.. maybe it's my thing but perhaps it's not for me".   if Tyson is creepy rapist then i'd expect more women to come forward. or are rapist who just do it the one time and then come to jesus?

her story sounds pretty vague. "he gave me a drink and i passed out and woke up to see him in the hallway leaving".  well, maybe he'll make a statement.. maybe her story will go round a bit more and get fleshed out.