IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Yeah I’m a let you finish, but they are actually fucking idiots. _105826768_hi052628979.jpg

Is not something grown ups do in political debate.

Jeez hadnt seen that. I was trying to have some kind of defense for the madness... no need to explain where that got me. F-ing retards :/

Meadows and Jordan are such awful dipshits.

Are they the ones going, "Why should we believe you? We know you lied before? You're just doing this to save your own ass"?

It's in the standard playbook for the GOP to use logical fallacies to manipulate anyone to save face.

Yeah I’m a let you finish, but they are actually fucking idiots. _105826768_hi052628979.jpg

Jeez hadnt seen that. I was trying to have some kind of defense for the madness... no need to explain where that got me. F-ing retards :/

Well, I appreciate your efforts to take an alternative look at things, it is rare that people do so in this knee-jerk, reactionary climate that has been created by the White House and the media. It’s always good to re-examine our initial judgments.

In this case though, I believe there really isn’t much of an alternative view to be taken.

Country is horrible, vile "music".

having been forced to listen to the music my whole life I will say 100% of pop country is horrid garbage. That said I like some of stuff by Johnny Cash and various older artists who don't play with a band, but rather just their guitar and voice. It seems that when country artists play with a band it's boring AF but I can dig an artist if it's just a voice and guitar.

Willie Nelson played with a band plenty, and he wrote some great country music. A lot of Crosby, Stills, Nash, and young is bordering on country, and I could listen to that any day of the week. I will agree that all this country-pop-hop is fucking bullshit though.

Well it's just my opinion obv. And while I tend to like older country music I have yet to it in a wide berth kind of way.  Even though I live in the country and hear lots of country music it's almost never the older stuff. It is most of the time the pop country stuff from the early 00s to today because most people just turn on the radio and let the top 40 country play than anything else.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard that song "Let Jesus take the wheel" whether it's playing at a gathering or in a store. And you know the sad thing is, country music is much worse in 2019 than it was when that song was written. It's horrid. The most basic crap you'll ever hear.

You know Listening to Willie nelson or Neil Young doesn't really 'feel' like what country music is these days or what the genre immediately brings to mind. IT reminds me more of the roots of country music such as blues, than country.

Edited by Brisbot

Yeah, the GOP is irredeemable when it comes to Trump (and everything else). They are going to be carrying water for him until the end. These are not smart people, some are actually down right dumb, because they got elected by equally dumb people. These people are poisoned by Fox News and the likes. There might be GOP members in Congress that truly are horrified by Trump and the way their party is going, but by not stepping up and saying anything, they are as complicit in it as the dumbest members of their party who are fully behind Trump and truly believe he is a good president.

I think the last couple of years seen in the politics of the US and in the UK (and in other countries, my own as well), that being elected representatives in legislative bodies, does not automatically mean that they are competent or smart. That notion should be dead and buried by now. The privilege of being born white and rich goes a long way, especially in the US. No other skills or talents required. 

Country is horrible, vile "music".

having been forced to listen to the music my whole life I will say 100% of pop country is horrid garbage. That said I like some of stuff by Johnny Cash and various older artists who don't play with a band, but rather just their guitar and voice. It seems that when country artists play with a band it's boring AF but I can dig an artist if it's just a voice and guitar.

Willie Nelson played with a band plenty, and he wrote some great country music. A lot of Crosby, Stills, Nash, and young is bordering on country, and I could listen to that any day of the week. I will agree that all this country-pop-hop is fucking bullshit though.

Well it's just my opinion obv. And while I tend to like older country music I have yet to it in a wide berth kind of way. Even though I live in the country and hear lots of country music it's almost never the older stuff. It is most of the time the pop country stuff from the early 00s to today because most people just turn on the radio and let the top 40 country play than anything else.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard that song "Let Jesus take the wheel" whether it's playing at a gathering or in a store. And you know the sad thing is, country music is much worse in 2019 than it was when that song was written. It's horrid. The most basic crap you'll ever hear.

You know Listening to Willie nelson or Neil Young doesn't really 'feel' like what country music is these days or what the genre immediately brings to mind. IT reminds me more of the roots of country music such as blues, than country.

Try some patsy cline or smth

lawfare does these "no bull" edits of congressional hearings where they cut out everything except the interesting parts. elena kagan has actually been doing the editing herself recently. here's the cohen one.

there is actually a lot of consequential information in there.

Edited by very honest

i hope they give it to putin as a gift. thanks for 2016! would fit nicely in guest room of the kremlin

Edited by goDel

i hope they give it to putin as a gift. thanks for 2016! would fit nicely in guest room of the kremlin

Well it looks kinda like Russia is getting nuked in that artistic masterpiece, so not sure if brother Vlad is gonna approve...

Well it looks kinda like Russia is getting nuked in that artistic masterpiece, so not sure if brother Vlad is gonna approve...

lol now that you point it out...