IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Exactly. Don’t understand how center libs can keep up this sustained act of outrage. It’s like, we all knew who he was before he was president. I haven’t been surprised by any of it.

Bernie's campaign set up the weak ass hitjob on Biden, and Tulsi Gabbard is more of a Republican in disguise than any of the Dem establishment candidates. 

lol. And AOC was hired from a casting call.

Even if it's true Bernie did what you said, the establishment has done worse to Bernie. There is a nonstop 'hitjob' on him on CNN and MSNBC and have lied about him in so many ways. It was the reason I didn't vote for Hillary in 2016. I don't trust centrist dems who spew platitudes in place of policy. They are empty suits. 

Oh and we have plenty of evidence of ol' joe sniffing hair so if it was a hit job it is one based in evidence.

And look I know I'm crapping on them, but I still think if they win democratic primary (which is a probably going to happen after their rigged primary in 2016) I will go vote for them. It feels like a moral imperative this time around, since if Trump stays in office and repeals obamacare in it's entirety, millions of people will lose health care. Trump will deregulate industry to climate change will become accelerated, etc. 

The thing is they are making it harder for me to want to go out and vote when choosing narcissistic chameleons who change the way they act based on how well it polls and focus groups and will change their accent to better appeal to the composition of a crowd.

Edited by Brisbot

joe biden promises to stop smelling women

That neatly describes the difference between conservatives such as trump and centrists such as biden. Biden smells women. Trump 'grabs' them. Both are sexual harassment, but one is a kind of half measure and the other is all the way.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1113862077842640898

Oh man if trump and biden ever debate I feel like Trump will smash him the same way he did Hillary due to how fake they are/were. And somehow the narrative will be spun making Biden look like a full on sexual harasser, and Trump 'normal' or more benign, even if that isn't true in the slightest. It's already screwed up if Trump can share that with his grabby pas, his tendency to walk into women's dressing rooms, and his apparent wish to sleep with his daughter.

Also highlights the selectiveness of conservatives. If our candidate does it, it's okay. But if the liberal does it, we are appalled.

joe biden promises to stop smelling women

That neatly describes the difference between conservatives such as trump and centrists such as biden. Biden smells women. Trump 'grabs' them. Both are sexual harassment, but one is a kind of half measure and the other is all the way.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1113862077842640898

a2f8035bd33203e51a1b84f61fbd694f.jpg 

Democrats have to eat themselves. The republicans fall in line and know how to win. We have to beat Drump. Just wait for the most charismatic person to shake out of the process and pick them. 

Democrats have to eat themselves. The republicans fall in line and know how to win. We have to beat Drump. Just wait for the most charismatic person to shake out of the process and pick them. 

pretty much. it's a way to stop the bleeding. 

I mean I wasn’t crazy about Hillary Clinton but I was more than happy to vote for her knowing it was one vote against Trump. It’s that simple.

I would vote for Alex Jones before Hillary

sarcasm?

I doubt it, lol.

You know, even if she's a chameleon I still think she doesn't have to supervillain status various media outlets portray. She would have just been Obama 2.0 though probably somewhat more conservative.

I would vote for Alex Jones before Hillary

sarcasm?

I doubt it, lol.

You know, even if she's a chameleon I still think she doesn't have to supervillain status various media outlets portray. She would have just been Obama 2.0 though probably somewhat more conservative.

i agree.  socially/domestically she might've had some good policies in some areas. foreign policy would've been hawkish in some places but traditional USA type shit in others and we'd still be in the climate treaty, UN stuff would be better, standing up to putin etc..  

her emails though /s

fucken electoral college. oof. 

marf, on 04 Apr 2019 - 11:14 PM, said:snapback.png

Yep. Most of my family hated Trump in the primaries, but boy oh boy did they suddenly end up liking him after after the primaries were over. It's almost like they were collectively forcing themselves too. I said this a number of pages back but the basic belief among conservatives/republicans is that "we just need a republican in office".

Liberals tend to I think be more individualistic. Among a large portion of liberals there is no belief of "we just need a democrat in office".  At least in 2016. Now  in 2020 that belief rings true.

On an unrelated note, sometimes I wonder if the democratic party is just there to keep the 'overton window' from shifting left of center. Basically telling American citizens that if you want to 'rebel' against the status quo, the democratic party is as good as it's going to get for you.

i agree.  socially/domestically she might've had some good policies in some areas. foreign policy would've been hawkish in some places but traditional USA type shit in others and we'd still be in the climate treaty, UN stuff would be better, standing up to putin etc..  

her emails though /s

fucken electoral college. oof. 

yeah. Though much like Trump she was painted to be two-faced when it comes to caring about policy. It's hard in my mind to differentiate the 'real hillary' from super villain Hillary. If I remember correctly she also voted with Republicans a great majority of the time. 

I wonder if centrist democrats stole the Russiagate stuff from Hillary's emails. They figured if the propaganda worked soooo well with the emails then maybe you can use that on liberals. 

I also think the electoral college is sooo rigged, that even if Bernie gets more votes, a few schmucks for the electoral college will just vote for the corporate dem or republican even if the Bernie 'wins'. To me I think it's so obvious all these contrived 'rules' are there to make sure who they want in power, stays in power.

Edited by Brisbot

I hate to be negative, but even though  my favorite candidate is Bernie. I don't really think he will win due to the abundance of propaganda, the revelation a few years back of how easy it is to hack voting machines. Underhanded ways to cut down on Bernie votes, such as the fact that in many states would close polls early if Bernie was the more popular ones. they'd close it around 12 at noon, basically making it where if people have a 9 to 5 job they wouldn't be able to vote.

On the bright side centrist dems  are by and large in their 50s and 60s, perhaps due to the fact they don't know how to fact check using google. The same people who fell for Bill Clinton in the 90s, and who still vote on candidates as if it were the 90s. I think the whole justice dem thing will become the dominant 'fraction' in democratic party, perhaps in 10 to 15 years. But deep down I really don't think they will win the primary, least not yet.

I think we need Democrats in office and we need to stay politically engaged. It’ll be easier to improve things when we’re not being held hostage by a rogue political party who’s been pretending Trump isn’t retarded for about 3 years now.

The problem is that despite his many idiotic decisions and just my personal knowledge that he’s a shithead and disagreeing on policy, Trump has been doing some amount of /presidenting/ over the last years. Failures left and right, but he’s trying some shit and enacting his agenda...occasionally. Congress is the real joke here tbh...two years with Trump and R control of both houses and they got next to nothing done. Point is, Trump is slowly awkwardly fumbling towards sometimes kinda doing the sorts of things a president does. And honestly that should worry anyone who wants to see him lose next November, myself included.

Very possible there will be a recession/small crash before then though so that might break up any goodwill towards Trump/Rs.

Every time Trump does something for his base it comes off as throwing them a bone. Then conservatives pretend like the bone is a steak.

I got into a debate yesterday with a buddy who's a Trump supporter. I stated the self evident fact that Republican politicians are just using their base to make the rich, richer. Why Trump could care about some random middle class white guy in the country when he barely cares for and constantly backstabs the people in his life.

He rolled his eyes and said, "Okay that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Why would Trump and other Republicans enact policies to become richer when they already have all the money they will ever need. Do yourself a favor and think about it for longer than 2 seconds."

:facepalm: 

Oh, and he also thinks lobbyists aren't there to push their agenda, but that they just want to meet the president of the US. Definitely the kind of things that just kill a conversation because they are already too far gone and trying to dig them out of their hole is much harder than the effort you're willing to put forward.

Edited by Brisbot