Join WATMM Now!

Register and Subscribe now for as little 3.00 USD for one year to gain Supporting Member access. We also have other subscription packages to choose from that grant you extra abilities and features.

A subscription is required in order to post, reply to posts, start topics, search, and other features.

By joining and subscribing, you are helping support the forums, as well enable us to add new features and enhancements (and maintain them).

Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

To sign up for a subscription package, click your user name in the upper right, and choose "Client Area". Then, choose a package that suits your needs.

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Now That Trump's President...

do not congratulate senate 2/3 supermajority hillary-is-corrupt crying-sjws crybabies shitty tags vote orly

• Please log in to reply
15663 replies to this topic

#15376 Zeffolia

Zeffolia

2K, On My Way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts
  • 113 topics
  • Joined 25-October 10

Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:24 PM

beautiful holy shit

https://www.theguard...er-carlson-rant

#15377 Marked x 0ne

Marked x 0ne

1000 Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts
  • 29 topics
  • Joined 13-February 09

Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:28 PM

What if the Republicans cum up with a new candidate other than Trump? Is there any chance?

there's a couple people so far rumored to challenge the president for the nomination.  it's rare that a sitting president gets challenged by his own party but i wouldn't be surprised if he has a primary challenger. 

this hypothetical republican challenger would have to run as an independent candidate, no?  i cant see any scenario where the republican party would back anyone who could reduce their chance of retaining power.

on the fipside, i hope that any democrat leaning towards running independent will have the sense enough to stay out of the way of splitting the vote.  despite the feeling of a crowded dem field, policy wise theyre pretty similar, and there are lots of good options.  and the centrist bloomberg types overlap enough that theyre not about to split into a new party imo.

Edited by Marked x 0ne, 20 February 2019 - 09:31 PM.

#15378 ignatius

ignatius

2K, On My Way

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
  • 15 topics
  • Joined 11-October 15

Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:33 PM

What if the Republicans cum up with a new candidate other than Trump? Is there any chance?

there's a couple people so far rumored to challenge the president for the nomination.  it's rare that a sitting president gets challenged by his own party but i wouldn't be surprised if he has a primary challenger. 

this hypothetical republican challenger would have to run as an independent candidate, no?  i cant see any scenario where the republican party would back anyone who could reduce their chance of retaining power.

on the fipside, i hope that any democrat leaning towards running independent will have the sense enough to stay out of the way of splitting the vote.  despite the feeling of a crowded dem field, policy wise theyre pretty similar, and there are lots of good options.  and the centrist bloomberg types overlap enough that theyre not about to split into a new party imo.

in the primary a challenger could run as republican and challenge the president for the nomination if/when the challenger loses he/she could run as independent but it's really unlikely. 

if anyone runs as an independent and splits a vote it'll really depend on who the candidate is as to which candidate that effects  most

#15379 usagi

usagi

part-time roadman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,000 posts
  • 99 topics
  • Joined 28-January 10
  • Interests:clean popola, chips and calamari, autocray, lulz archivism, post-thread analysis, elevator shenanigans

Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:35 AM

Cucker Tarlson has extremely tiny and close-together eyes.

#15380 whosebrian

whosebrian

1000 Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts
  • 41 topics
  • Joined 13-December 16

Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:04 PM

Cucker Tarlson has extremely tiny and close-together eyes.

#15381 ignatius

ignatius

2K, On My Way

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
  • 15 topics
  • Joined 11-October 15

Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:11 PM

carlson has always been a douchebag. jon stewart gave him a piece of his mind long ago.  nice to see him get another round of that.

#15382 zero

zero

Recently Joined

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • 3 topics
  • Joined 16-October 06

Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:41 PM

Nice power play by comrade Putin:

https://www.reuters....e-idUSKCN1QA1A3

Putin fleshed out his warning in detail for the first time, saying Russia could deploy hypersonic missiles on ships and submarines which could lurk outside U.S. territorial waters if Washington now moved to deploy intermediate-range nuclear weapons in Europe.

“(We’re talking about) naval delivery vehicles: submarines or surface ships. And we can put them, given the speed and range (of our missiles)... in neutral waters. Plus they are not stationary, they move and they will have to find them,” Putin said, according to a Kremlin transcript.

“You work it out. Mach nine (the speed of the missiles) and over 1,000 km (their range).”

I wonder how agent donnie will respond? This story made Fox news, so we know he saw it. Will agent orange now back down from deploying nukes in Europe, caving to his boss's demands, or will he try and go the tough guy route?

donnie tweets: "we won't be pushed around by anyone, including russia"

vlad: pee tape

donnie tweets: "we have decided not to move forward with deploying nukes in europe"

#15383 usagi

usagi

part-time roadman

• Members
  • 20,000 posts
  • 99 topics
  • Joined 28-January 10
  • Interests:clean popola, chips and calamari, autocray, lulz archivism, post-thread analysis, elevator shenanigans

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:42 PM

the weakening and reversal of the general nuclear non-proliferation policy that has been the norm until now is really disastrous, possibly the worst thing that's happened under the orange imo.

#15384 ignatius

ignatius

2K, On My Way

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
  • 15 topics
  • Joined 11-October 15

Posted 21 February 2019 - 04:18 PM

the weakening and reversal of the general nuclear non-proliferation policy that has been the norm until now is really disastrous, possibly the worst thing that's happened under the orange imo.

It’s fucked. One of the things that insiders were/are reportedly worried about is drumpf stumbling into a war with Russia which is weird if little Donnie is a Russian stooge but not impossible to happen.

I worry Donnie will try to save face in some way and do something really dumb with all sorts of unintended consequences.

Domestically and internationally this administration has already created numerous messses that will take a long time to sort out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15385 caze

caze

2K, On My Way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,442 posts
  • 8 topics
  • Joined 08-February 15
  • SoundCloud URL:http://soundcloud.com/grogatron

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:02 PM

I guess what concerns me is that in 2016, he was basically controlled opposition whether he realized it or not. If he loses in the primary, we're going to have a lot of emotional college students writing his name on the ballot again. There will be tons of people who will think a slightly less progressive candidate is automatically a corporate shill. As long as a sane Dem gets in and we remain informed and politically active, we'll be fine. 

Here's a solution to that problem:

#15386 Brisbot

Brisbot

2K, On My Way

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts
  • 86 topics
  • Joined 01-November 13

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:29 PM

^^ I will say about that is that Republicans are a more cohesive party. In that after the primary they all band together and vote for the person who won the primary regardless of whether they personally like him or not. There's this 'attitude' of "A republican needs to be in office" because Republicans think themselves apart of the party or apart of a whole. Being a Republican is simply part of the culture here  down in the south. It seems pretty much everyone is a Republican. 

Whereas the democratic party is more splintered. I think last time around many Bernie supporters didn't really 'feel apart' of any party and that they were just hitching a ride on the democratic label. So they didn't feel the need to go out and vote for Hillary when the time came. Well that and the whole fiasco with closing polls earlier in areas where people were more likely to vote for Bernie...and Hillary trying to appeal to her right constantly. So it rubbed them the wrong way, but at the same time yes it was foolish to let the republican win. But "not being a republican" isn't enough for more ideal younger people who were used to Obama being president and feeling "safe". If that makes sense.

However I imagine though that this time around that... anyone left of center will vote for the democrat because of a general dislike of Trump instead of necessarily liking the democratic nominee. So I'd say Trump is probably screwed... probably.

#15387 Rubin Farr

Rubin Farr

Stanislava

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,704 posts
  • 1,673 topics
  • Joined 16-November 05
  • PSN:Droideka7048
  • 3DS Friend Code:2879-0990-8442
  • Nintendo ID:droideka

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:17 PM

Harvard psychiatrist calls Trump a sociopath:

https://www.salon.co...ick-individual/

#15388 ignatius

ignatius

2K, On My Way

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
  • 15 topics
  • Joined 11-October 15

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:31 PM

Harvard psychiatrist calls Trump a sociopath:

https://www.salon.co...ick-individual/

here's a more recent story along those lines..   it's a fun read .. true or not. 

https://www.inquisit...l-health-drugs/

According to Johnston, Trump is a “clear and present danger” to the United States, and to the world. The journalist — who has been covering Donald Trump since the 1980s — said that Trump believes that he is genetically superior and smarter than everyone else, which is why he has long held the belief that he should be running the entire world, and not just the United States.

#15389 Amen Warrior

Amen Warrior

1000 Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • 73 topics
  • Joined 27-February 08

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:17 AM

As long as everyone Pokémon Goes to the polls in 2020 it should be fine

#15390 bendish

bendish

1000 Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • 35 topics
  • Joined 07-May 15

Posted 23 February 2019 - 06:24 AM

A sane Dem....good luck.

#15391 very honest

very honest

Plausibility Warrior

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts
  • 41 topics
  • Joined 13-October 11

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:53 AM

there are plenty of sane dems

#15392 Candiru

Candiru

▓▓▒▒♪▒▒▒♫&

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,138 posts
  • 12 topics
  • Joined 09-August 09

Posted 23 February 2019 - 01:44 PM

A sane Dem....good luck.

Well the over the top activist SJW Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, “let’s start a war with our own party and harass Dianne Feinstein over policies and legislature we don’t actually understand” faction is only 8% of the entire electorate.

#15393 marf

marf

2K, On My Way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts
  • 102 topics
  • Joined 15-June 06

Posted 23 February 2019 - 02:10 PM

I don't think Trump is going to start a war to deflect attention to something. He's afraid of war. He's had plenty of time to do the standard republican playbook. He likes to talk big but I think he's a pussy when it comes to action. Hopefully

#15394 luke viia

luke viia

hate to say atoadaso

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,849 posts
  • 38 topics
  • Joined 29-October 09
  • Interests:dirt, leaves

Posted 23 February 2019 - 02:20 PM

Woodward's book said he wanted to assassinate Assad without any real strategy or thought to the consequences (Mattis basically said yeah sure thing buddy then ignored him), so I'm not so sure...

https://www.business...al-assad-2018-9

#15395 very honest

very honest

Plausibility Warrior

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts
  • 41 topics
  • Joined 13-October 11

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:43 PM

jfc

#15396 usagi

usagi

part-time roadman

• Members
  • 20,000 posts
  • 99 topics
  • Joined 28-January 10

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:53 PM

I don't think Trump is going to start a war to deflect attention to something. He's afraid of war. He's had plenty of time to do the standard republican playbook. He likes to talk big but I think he's a pussy when it comes to action. Hopefully

lol, way too much credit.

#15397 ignatius

ignatius

2K, On My Way

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
  • 15 topics
  • Joined 11-October 15

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:19 PM

don't forget the 2nd part

#15398 yek

yek

MIDI received.

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,080 posts
  • 746 topics
  • Joined 14-March 02

Posted 23 February 2019 - 11:18 PM

My stepdad is convinced Trump is actually a smart guy well aware of how he plays the media
Me, not so much

Is Trump smart ?

#15399 Zeffolia

Zeffolia

2K, On My Way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts
  • 113 topics
  • Joined 25-October 10

Posted 23 February 2019 - 11:31 PM

^^ I will say about that is that Republicans are a more cohesive party. In that after the primary they all band together and vote for the person who won the primary regardless of whether they personally like him or not. There's this 'attitude' of "A republican needs to be in office" because Republicans think themselves apart of the party or apart of a whole. Being a Republican is simply part of the culture here  down in the south. It seems pretty much everyone is a Republican. 

Whereas the democratic party is more splintered. I think last time around many Bernie supporters didn't really 'feel apart' of any party and that they were just hitching a ride on the democratic label. So they didn't feel the need to go out and vote for Hillary when the time came. Well that and the whole fiasco with closing polls earlier in areas where people were more likely to vote for Bernie...and Hillary trying to appeal to her right constantly. So it rubbed them the wrong way, but at the same time yes it was foolish to let the republican win. But "not being a republican" isn't enough for more ideal younger people who were used to Obama being president and feeling "safe". If that makes sense.

However I imagine though that this time around that... anyone left of center will vote for the democrat because of a general dislike of Trump instead of necessarily liking the democratic nominee. So I'd say Trump is probably screwed... probably.

republicans ≈ team sport groupthink

democrats ≈ nuanced views on the issues themselves

#15400 Zeffolia

Zeffolia

2K, On My Way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts
  • 113 topics
  • Joined 25-October 10

Posted 23 February 2019 - 11:33 PM

My stepdad is convinced Trump is actually a smart guy well aware of how he plays the media
Me, not so much

Is Trump smart ?

He's a great manipulator of people, it takes a certain kind of intelligence to do that.  It's not general intelligence though, it's manipulative social intelligence.  I bet if you asked him what an atom is he couldn't give you a satisfactory answer.  The same can be said for any real topic of substantive worth.  But he can talk about the things he wants to talk about in a way that is convincing to unintelligent people or people who want to believe him and engage in group chants at his rallies.  

My conclusion is that he's "smart" the same way a scammer or con artist is smart.  Yeah, it's a certain type of intelligence, but it's nothing to brag about and if that's all you are then you're a loser.

Edited by Zeffolia, 23 February 2019 - 11:33 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: do not congratulate, senate 2/3 supermajority, hillary-is-corrupt, crying-sjws, crybabies, shitty tags, vote, orly