IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Lol, I think voting for trump is an extremely individualistic act.

I don’t think it’s good for our country, in fact I know it will be terrible for my life as an artist, but get ready for trump until 2024.

Gosh. I don’t think we can survive.

Not willing to follow you at this point, but I can agree it's not clear who will be able to beat him. I do think the same voter energy, which helped in the midterms, will help in 2020. I'm expecting record turn outs. And that's going to help whichever Dem candidate on the ticket. The anti-Trump vote will be strong. Although the irony will be that the perfect anti-Trump option needs to completely ignore Trump. And needs to run for something, as opposed to against Trump. Another maga if you will.

O the irony ;)

Lol, I think voting for trump is an extremely individualistic act.

I don’t think it’s good for our country, in fact I know it will be terrible for my life as an artist, but get ready for trump until 2024.

Gosh. I don’t think we can survive.

Individualistic was a bad word choice. I meant they're more willing to try out new things than conservative, they're more exploratory. It's right in their names as well with liberal/conservative.

I read an interesting article a while back where they did a study on how fear leads to conservatism. Most conservatives down in here Texas live and associate with people like them. Segregation has been abolished for a long time, but in a way it's still there.

Anyway it came to the conclusion liberals tend to be more trusting of others, conservatives more skeptical of others intentions. Although the really interesting part of the article was that libertarians and liberals are neck and neck in that area. 

Not willing to follow you at this point, but I can agree it's not clear who will be able to beat him. I do think the same voter energy, which helped in the midterms, will help in 2020. I'm expecting record turn outs. And that's going to help whichever Dem candidate on the ticket. The anti-Trump vote will be strong. Although the irony will be that the perfect anti-Trump option needs to completely ignore Trump. And needs to run for something, as opposed to against Trump. Another maga if you will. 

O the irony ;) 

I feel that both have a good shot at winning the general election. I think the dems will rig their primaries well enough against Bernie, just like last time. They will lie and misrepresent him, and depending on how the deception plays out, we could get a repeat of last time where Bernie supporters won't vote for the corporate dem.

Edited by Brisbot

idk man. we should be getting a redacted version soon. will be interesting to see. seems like the obstruction section was meant for congress. i.e., mueller declined to decline because doj is not on firm footing to indict, so he handed it off to the body that's meant to handle these things.

mueller's team is speaking to numerous press outlets, saying barr's summary whitewashes the report. apparently barr's public summary was not required, and omitted summaries mueller's team prepared for public release.

I just said that because it was the only way I could refer to the 'oranges' incident.

As far as the report go yeah I think the whole report should be released, 100% transparency always. That said 98% chance it's just a longer version of the "synopsis" we got.

I watched a video that suggested that trump is tied to Russia in some way. They didn't interfere with election but that he is indebted to Russia from before Trump got in office. And so now after the election he is pulling strings on Russia's behest. I don't follow the Russia ties news much as I felt it came off as Hillary's emails 2.0 but this time it's the dems doing it.

However Trump having private meetings with Putin where no one else is present is suspicious. But then again why would Putin need to come to America to give him his 'orders' so to speak.

Do I think Russia/Trump ties need to be investigated? Sure. But I think there are better ways to get at Trump, such as forcing him to release his tax returns, or paying off supermodels.

Edited by Brisbot

I have a question. Where do you guys get most of your news from? My favorite news source is "Secular Talk". I kinda iffy on The Young Turks.

BBC, Vox, Guardian, Slate, Atlantic, Propublica, daily Beast, and google news but I try not to browse that lately.

In Texas the Texas Observer is solid, Texas Tribune and Quorum report get deep into state legislative happenings.

NPR is still deece but they've gotten sucked into the same infotainment bent as cable news in regard to domestic politics. So much news media stateside is trash so NPR still seems stellar.

Vice's HBO minidocs are great nuggets, akin to 90s era PBS frontline or CNN specials

Been listening to Sam Seder and Chapo Trap House on occasion, later is bit too self-critical of the left than Im used to but its cathartic to hear people beyond watmm, coworkers, and my friends and family rant and sarcastically reflect on daily insanity. r/poltics is great but like this tread it gets depressing seeing so much abuse of power with no consequences

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have a question. Where do you guys get most of your news from? My favorite news source is "Secular Talk". I kinda iffy on The Young Turks.

Those are opinion sites though, not actual news sources.

Ring Of Fire, Humanist Report, and Rebel HQ for me these days mostly. Kind of have the same sentiments about TYT - they've been feeling more or less like a soap opera lately

It's all a spectrum of opinion

Some just more 'objective' than others...or less 'subjective'...or more subtly ideological

Here's my deep analysis...

Wapo - nice app interface

NYT - editorials often retch inducing

Financial Times - straight to the point and luckily free...solid podcasts too

Economist - felating the market since 1843....thorough

Best of the left...

Chapo 

Jacobin

Novara Media

Intercept

I suppose for 'News' you can't go wrong with Reuters or the AP

Lol, what a dumb response.

Coast to coast radio, wayback machine, the blaze, msnbc, uprox, broadly, the New Yorker fiction podcast, NPR, the view, Twitter, infowarz, JRE, focus on the family, shria watch, Al Jazeera, RT, apple news.

Wapo - nice app interface

NYT - editorials often retch inducing

Financial Times - straight to the point and luckily free...solid podcasts too

Economist - felating the market since 1843....thorough

WaPo and NYT are defacto reliable outlets, I suppose that's why I didn't list them originally. Same with Bloomberg and Economist albeit when it comes to niche topics. New Yorker still cranks out some good long reads as well.

Mehdi Hasan / Al Jazeera are great too.

Especially Medhis interview slash grill show

See his recent Erik Prince interview for example

Deep connection with Trump there

Dirty shit