IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

I'm breaking up thinking of the scared, sweating photoshop operator being coerced into doing this.

"OH FUCKKK...what do i do...what do i do...magic wand? hand tool! sweet, hand tool...yea...oh shit...it just moves shit around....filter,filter,filter...warp filter...YES!!! whew. time for a cigarette.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQRW0RM4V0k

why tf does it not embed

Edited by Guest

this will all end with trump and his family locked in a basement room with copies of art of the deal lining their clothes. alex jones will be found frozen in the potomac, finally dead after so many gunshot wounds, hands up in the sign of the cross.

gif evidence

actually fake...the person who originally tweeted has apologized....

the fact that its believable at all speaks volumes about how sad trump is.

this refugee ban is counterproductive (probably actively bad), and just effing heartbreaking. my grandmother left her home fleeing violence and political aggression. i expect most americans have someone in their ancestry who was a refugee. WE HAVE A GIANT STATUE CELEBRATING THIS HISTORY AND THIS DUDE GREW UP SEEING THAT STATUE IN HIS HOMETOWN. just so sad.

Edited by mammalsolidarity

Yeah, this is a lot more insane than I had expected. I thought, as some people have mentioned elsewhere, that once he got into power he'd be kind of reined in by more sane/competent people.... but fucking hell man, this is nuts, straight-up discriminatory and not hugely different from something like the internment of Japanese nationals during the war... except at least that was in a legit war situation (and I am absolutely not defending it). This is basically banning the entry of an entire religious group based on a handful of phantom terrorists. This cannot be right, surely.

If you ever wondered what it would be like if KKK ran the USA, now is your moment.

I was arguing errr... heh, "debating" with a Trump supporting friend from NC on facebook. I got him to admit that voting for Trump was a mistake, but he actually said "it's y'alls mistake" because the Democrats don't try. Yes, it was my mistake Trump won by voting against him. When someone commented before me that Trump won because of how uninformed the electorate was, he said it was arrogant to think that. He also likes Russia and Putin because "they get shit done". I told him about some of the reasons their interests don't align with much of Western Democracy and he said he doesn't care what they do. He also brought up Hillary accepting money from Saudi Arabia. He posted a meme about how taxation is theft a day before Trump says how that stupid wall is going to be paid for. 

I realize that if none of this shit ever happened, I wouldn't be looking at him sideways and I'd have some respect for him. It's like watching people you know get bitten by zombies or become addicted to hard drugs. They're just gone. 

Seeing family members clicking 'like' on posts on FB that go:

Shutup and stop whining!!! Trump is our president for the next 4 years!!! You lost!!!!  Stop protesting!!!!

etc.

:dry:

^ I personally have found this whole affair to be a real line in the sand that I simply cannot overlook. the old rule of decorum about not holding a person's politics against their character (built on the idea that people of almost all stripes can do good collectively when they cooperate in a true democratic fashion) doesn't apply here.

if you helped put a man/administration like this in office, you're an idiot with a defective decision-making process - don't matter who you are or where you come from, black, white, college-educated, blue collar, I don't care. this was a true litmus test and you failed. people who wouldn't have voted Trump but did so to spite the opposition failed twice as bad, like if that was your rationale then that tells me your judgement is broken and you're not very good at making difficult choices in life. worse than just actually supporting the cunt.

as black as my view of the world is, I honestly didn't think it would come to this. I really did think he'd get laughed out. my metric for establishing our species' intelligence has collapsed a fair bit as a consequence, I've never witnessed quite such a massive display of idiocy in my life before.