IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

how much worse can it possibly get?

tune in next week to find out

68175586.jpg

scratch next week..

holocaust? Jews? What Jews?

http://cnn.it/2jJ7hmC

also, major shakeup at a thing called national security council (dunno what that is but sounds important):

https://www.lawfareblog.com/national-security-presidential-memorandum-2—president-trumps-nsc-and-hsc

but at least the immigrant ban is temporary halted... what a farce all of this is!

sorry but you're majorly fucked USA

^ I personally have found this whole affair to be a real line in the sand that I simply cannot overlook. the old rule of decorum about not holding a person's politics against their character (built on the idea that people of almost all stripes can do good collectively when they cooperate in a true democratic fashion) doesn't apply here.

if you helped put a man/administration like this in office, you're an idiot with a defective decision-making process - don't matter who you are or where you come from, black, white, college-educated, blue collar, I don't care. this was a true litmus test and you failed. people who wouldn't have voted Trump but did so to spite the opposition failed twice as bad, like if that was your rationale then that tells me your judgement is broken and you're not very good at making difficult choices in life. worse than just actually supporting the cunt.

as black as my view of the world is, I honestly didn't think it would come to this. I really did think he'd get laughed out. my metric for establishing our species' intelligence has collapsed a fair bit as a consequence, I've never witnessed quite such a massive display of idiocy in my life before.

i tried not to feel like this and have empathy for the opposing view but literally every trump supporter i've met irl is either a meme spouting edgelord or from west virginia so i can no longer mask my utter disdain for all of them. 

^ I personally have found this whole affair to be a real line in the sand that I simply cannot overlook. the old rule of decorum about not holding a person's politics against their character (built on the idea that people of almost all stripes can do good collectively when they cooperate in a true democratic fashion) doesn't apply here.

if you helped put a man/administration like this in office, you're an idiot with a defective decision-making process - don't matter who you are or where you come from, black, white, college-educated, blue collar, I don't care. this was a true litmus test and you failed. people who wouldn't have voted Trump but did so to spite the opposition failed twice as bad, like if that was your rationale then that tells me your judgement is broken and you're not very good at making difficult choices in life. worse than just actually supporting the cunt.

as black as my view of the world is, I honestly didn't think it would come to this. I really did think he'd get laughed out. my metric for establishing our species' intelligence has collapsed a fair bit as a consequence, I've never witnessed quite such a massive display of idiocy in my life before.

i tried not to feel like this and have empathy for the opposing view but literally every trump supporter i've met irl is either a meme spouting edgelord or from west virginia so i can no longer mask my utter disdain for all of them. 

All of this right here. I love being told I'm living in an echo chamber by people that have never left their own back yard, though. Those are the ones that really have their finger on the pulse. Or that NC is more progressive than MA because there are more black people down there. I might miss that if I just steer clear of Trump supporters altogether.

No idea how this will end. Voted out by traditional elections (the most peaceful option), assassination, civil war...nukes...who the hell knows. Empty speculation.

Either way I think it's safe to say the power balance has been tipped. All I can hope for right now is widespread grassroots dissent (which has been happening since Day One) and maybe some Republicans might go rogue. For this administration, it isn't even about loyalty to the GOP anymore. It's about loyalty to Trump.

To be fair though, we still don't know the true impact of a trump presidency. Things can work out better than expected, or far worse. Or it'll just be a continuation of whatever you think was already happening. It'll take years to be able to make a real assessment. Until then... well I'm afraid to just accept the new reality of a Trump in the Whitehouse. (And he might not be the last!.... o dear... the prospect of another trump in the wh in the future....)

Short, but sweet..

I don't know much about Jeremy Scahill, but he seemed to echo my own gut feeling that this has been brewing for quite some time. Also, that Trump as an aggressive dumb idiot president is a perfect cover for Mike Pence and his ilk to sneak in unscathed.

yeah he is excluding the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff of the defense department from the national security council at the same time he is including the breitbart guy

sweet

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/trump-holds-calls-with-putin-leaders-from-europe-and-asia/2017/01/28/42728948-e574-11e6-a547-5fb9411d332c_story.html

I see mostly hysteria of wishful thinking. Liberalism was winning for so long that people substituted its ideology as the only possible one and synonymous to progress. Something that happened to capitalism long ago, summed up by a marxist slogan "it's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism". But liberalist values are not universal.

What became of Arab Spring? Was the Middle East finally bombed into democracy and women rights by Nobel prize for world peace laureates or it only made it ten times more hostile and kicked back to submissive Europe? Russia after the fall of Soviet Union practically became another US colony with a corresponding constitution, how is it going? China was raised to become the biggest economy in the world, what do they think of western values?

It's about time US turn to isolationism for a while. Of course it's not foreign affairs that led to Trump's presidency, but it's also has to do with pushing liberal values too far and getting symmetrical answer from people.

Reading this thread and how all Trump supporters must be incompetent and already changing their mind, trolls or simply idiots I understand what Zizek talks about when he says of "the ultimate failure of liberal left" at 06:00 here

:catnope:

"The President" didn't do that, that's just a PAC... but yea keep fighting fearmongering with fearmongering see where that leads :^)

fearmongering? 

if you are not afraid of Steve bannon getting this much power I don't know what to tell you

fearmongering?

Edited by Deer

yeh... not enough reporting on the Bannon thing tbh.. the temporary win against the immigration EO has the prettier pictures I guess... but the Bannon shit is really quite something.

PSA: autocomplete did just auto complete Bannon as Ganon