IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

I was 100% convinced that so much of what he's doing was just campaign rhetoric. How is this constitutionally allowed to go on? He's already in the process of breaking the first, fourth, fifth, and tenth amendments

Still can't believe some fat redneck motherfucker like Bannon would be appointed in such a high profile position. And fuck all of the Trump supporters who continue to willingly support him. Nazi pukes.

I see mostly hysteria of wishful thinking. Liberalism was winning for so long that people substituted its ideology as the only possible one and synonymous to progress. Something that happened to capitalism long ago, summed up by a marxist slogan "it's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism". But liberalist values are not universal.

What became of Arab Spring? Was the Middle East finally bombed into democracy and women rights by Nobel prize for world peace laureates or it only made it ten times more hostile and kicked back to submissive Europe? Russia after the fall of Soviet Union practically became another US colony with a corresponding constitution, how is it going? China was raised to become the biggest economy in the world, what do they think of western values?

It's about time US turn to isolationism for a while. Of course it's not foreign affairs that led to Trump's presidency, but it's also has to do with pushing liberal values too far and getting symmetrical answer from people.

Reading this thread and how all Trump supporters must be incompetent and already changing their mind, trolls or simply idiots I understand what Zizek talks about when he says of "the ultimate failure of liberal left" at 06:00 here

Try not to be lead to the slaughter so easily, kid. It's not a good look.

Yeah, the electronic music community will slaughter you for badmouthing liberalism.

This is totally what I meant. You are very smart. 

So a career USMC general with 40 years experience was removed from the Security Council by a former reality star from NYC turned POTUS, who then added a former Hollywood producer and online media mogul as a replacement.

That reads like a shitty plot to a self-published right-wing political fantasy book released in 2009.

Reading this thread and how all Trump supporters must be incompetent and already changing their mind, trolls or simply idiots I understand what Zizek talks about when he says of "the ultimate failure of liberal left" at 06:00 here

Yes, definitely that mark at 06:00 hits the spot: the left relentlessly mock those at the other side of the spectrum for their 'stupidity', since they, the left liberal progressive mind is the only mind that this world deserves and needs to make this world habitable for everyone (except if you don't agree with it.. then you can fuck right off).

Ultimately, the left/right progressive/conservative dichotomy is a divide and conquer strategy, aimed at keeping the pleb quarelling amongst themselves.

Choose both, choose neither. That brings you one step closer to freedom .. and bondage.

Edited by Guest

Yes, definitely that mark at 06:00 hits the spot: the left relentlessly mock those at the other side of the spectrum for their 'stupidity', since they, the left liberal progressive mind is the only mind that this world deserves and needs to make this world habitable for everyone (except if you don't agree with it.. then you can fuck right off).

Ultimately, the left/right progressive/conservative dichotomy is a divide and conquer strategy, aimed at keeping the pleb quarelling amongst themselves.

Choose both, choose neither. That brings you one step closer to freedom .. and bondage.

Just telling it like it is, though. A little fraternal rough housing and people shit the bed. Sheesh. Kids gloves back on.

I see mostly hysteria of wishful thinking. Liberalism was winning for so long that people substituted its ideology as the only possible one and synonymous to progress. Something that happened to capitalism long ago, summed up by a marxist slogan "it's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism". But liberalist values are not universal.

What became of Arab Spring? Was the Middle East finally bombed into democracy and women rights by Nobel prize for world peace laureates or it only made it ten times more hostile and kicked back to submissive Europe? Russia after the fall of Soviet Union practically became another US colony with a corresponding constitution, how is it going? China was raised to become the biggest economy in the world, what do they think of western values?

It's about time US turn to isolationism for a while. Of course it's not foreign affairs that led to Trump's presidency, but it's also has to do with pushing liberal values too far and getting symmetrical answer from people.

What became of the Arab Spring? Do you think the people who wanted democracy and dignity have just all given up? Or do you think the people who were in power before maybe just didn't want to give up power so easily?

Russia after the fall of the USSR was nothing like another American colony, the corruption and fraud that went on with no basic social safety nets (and yes, the US has some safety nets, although I'm sure Pence, Ryan and his ilk would like to see those done away with, and will be working hard to accomplish that) ensured that the economy was doomed to fail.

You might be surprised to know that the Chinese government is not representative of its people, and just because the CCP doesn't hold truck with "western values" doesn't mean that a lot of people don't want them. Of course it's not easy to stand up for what you might want when there's a real fear of getting disappeared.

How is America receding from the world going to promote values of equality and dignity for all? How is taking away funding for NGOs that even mention abortion going to promote women's health?

And that's some good cherry picking from the Zizek video - why not choose his qualification at the start of the video - where he says he is horrified by Trump and calls him a catastrophe? Or the part where he talks about not receding from internationalism, but changing the international agreements?

The "liberal left" is a nice generalisation, but it is no more accurate than calling all conservatives racists, and frankly, Zizek should be ashamed of himself for making such a sweeping statement.

how many layers of irony is he on right now? am i a little baby?

We r all little babby

The last season of the USA has a rather dank sense of humor.

Small typo, i got u fam.