IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

I think he does have a point though. It's a sweeping statement, yes. But for a good reason, from his point of view. Point being that he doesn't see an answer to current political developments coming from the left. Or even an effective self-assessment.

He makes his point better here, imo. (essence: from 13.00 on)

I wonder how a Canada fits into his views, btw. Seems like it needs to be an outlier proving the norm, from his point of view. And here I'd "gently" disagree with him, btw. 

America has turned into South Park.

lol

But in all seriousness, what the fuck is going on?

I'm curious to know from people who live in the US and who are well-versed in politics and history, how long do you think this can keep on going on? And would it be possible to fire Trump?

He could be impeached, but that wouldn't necessarily mean termination. Bill Clinton was the last POTUS to get impeachment (cuz Monica) but he still served his full second term. Even if he were to be forced out somehow, Mike Pence would likely succeed him, who I understand is potentially even more dangerous.

As for how long? Four years TOPS. He's just too unstable, not to mention a political amateur. If our government has a shred of sanity left he absolutely will not gain a second term.

dont think pence would be more dangerous. even though his ideas are way more cons than trumps. pence is predictable, prolly to the point of being boring. i dont see him going  into twitter rages. he prolly has a good understanding of how politics works. and most of all, prolly has a better understanding of the constitution.

pence acts from a certain core of beliefs, or ideologies if yuo will. trump is completely agnostic as long as he gets the deal he likes. or worse, thinks he likes.

the thing which scares me most about trump is that he seems to act on his intuitions. and leaves the deep thinking to others. pence is a complete diff story.

edit: also, pence doesnt have the mandate or the support trump brought to the table. pence doesnt seem to have much political power behind him...to my eyes at least. 

with pence in the white house without trump, it's basically paul ryan in charge, imo

Edited by goDel

dont think pence would be more dangerous. even though his ideas are way more cons than trumps. pence is predictable, prolly to the point of being boring. i dont see him going  into twitter rages. he prolly has a good understanding of how politics works. and most of all, prolly has a better understanding of the constitution.

pence acts from a certain core of beliefs, or ideologies if yuo will. trump is completely agnostic as long as he gets the deal he likes. or worse, thinks he likes.

the thing which scares me most about trump is that he seems to act on his intuitions. and leaves the deep thinking to others. pence is a complete diff story.

edit: also, pence doesnt have the mandate or the support trump brought to the table. pence doesnt seem to have much political power behind him...to my eyes at least. 

with pence in the white house without trump, it's basically paul ryan in charge, imo

i agree with this, although some of my female and LGBT friends have made the opposite argument pretty well. essentially trump is malevolence tempered by incompetence, while pence is just malevolence. i still think what makes trump so scary is the high variance. and he seems perfetly willing to do what pence wants, so we get his program either way, and with trump we get pence+bannon.

Seeing family members clicking 'like' on posts on FB that go:

Shutup and stop whining!!! Trump is our president for the next 4 years!!! You lost!!!!  Stop protesting!!!!

etc.

:dry:

Had my first family function post Trump this past Saturday. Picard facepalm inducing. An uncle, whom I know is conservative, but a decent guy, had a trump image on his smartwatch. He proceeded to tell me how he never realized how dangerous & scary the Far left was. I was like "What are you talking about?". He proceeded to talk about the anarchist protestors smashing windows and shit in Washington. Sorry man, those twats have been around for awhile & are generally pretty harmless. He just looked at me. It was my sister's function, so I didn't push the issue to cause a scene. Some of my family go from 1 to 100 after you question one thing about their idealogy. Dialogue is useless.

I think he does have a point though. It's a sweeping statement, yes. But for a good reason, from his point of view. Point being that he doesn't see an answer to current political developments coming from the left. Or even an effective self-assessment.

He makes his point better here, imo. (essence: from 13.00 on)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7JgfB8PaAk

I wonder how a Canada fits into his views, btw. Seems like it needs to be an outlier proving the norm, from his point of view. And here I'd "gently" disagree with him, btw.

I'll watch the video later today, but I don't think generalizations help much at all. I also don't think I'm wrong to say many people voted against personal and societal economic benefit, because of a lack of education, especially in critical thinking.

China is saying a war is imminent, the middle east hates him, people in his own country hates him, and pretty much everyone else hates him. I seriously hope someone puts a bullet in his head very very very soon.