IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

There was a protest in my city last night against Trump's immigration ban. And now I'm seeing on the local news FB page all these anti-immigration comments, some going as far as to equate immigrants with terrorists outright. And of course pulling the "fake news" card in the process.

Freedom of the press in itself seems to be increasingly vulnerable these days. I swear these Trump minions are like mindless zombies.

xenophobic French-Canadian storms into a mosque and kills Muslims after Trudeau expresses Canada's inclusive position on immigration in response to Trump's antics. ding ding, let that register.

edit: The Australian, a smug conservative paper of choice by most in our current government, ran headlines on this event, which surprised me, especially when they clearly referred to it as a "terrorist" attack (cos we all know that word is reserved for specific actions by specific people). I thought "oh, they had a rare moment of honesty".

of course this fleeting assurance vanished when I read a bit further and realised they were spinning it as an attack by Muslim extremists on Muslims, complete with unverified remarks about how the attacker(s) yelled Aloha Snackbar before opening fire. of course... the immigration ban is justified, don't you see? it protects Muslims.

All of our newspapers are referring to it as a terrorist attack. They have been very clear that it was a french Canadian as well.

Edit: just saying it doesn't look like our media has the same shitty agenda, which is nice. Community response so far has been very positive as well. It's basically being universally condemned, as it should be.

Editeditedit: but I see now he hasn't yet been charged with terrorism related charges, which is horseshit IMO. Says investigation pending but yeah.

Can almost guarantee he will be charged with terrorism. His actions fit the legal definition of terrorism.

some of the tid bits are so petty and specific that they feel like they ring true.

Also just tweeted that anti-LGBT EO coming this week.

Yea, if this person nails things that are going to happen but not common knowledge, I'll put way more stock in it. Although, if real, how they haven't nailed this staffer by now is pretty highlarious...or another diabolical troll job by #POTUS.

and fuck Davos btw. The one person I hoped that wouldn't be confirmed. alas.

fired the AG. this is great! The Apprentice: Whitehouse season.

Fuck what if Trump is so gone he actually just thinks he's on another series of The Apprentice? I mean who knows what kind of drugs bannon is slipping into the presidential water supply.

At work I'm practically the only one who didn't vote for trump. There are only 5 of us who work here (4 now since one was fired). Funny how you couldn't shut them up leading up to the inauguration. It's been crickets here at work since all the executive orders. One finally broke down today and voiced her disapproval of how he's doing things.

This just confounds me...I saw something on the news with several syrian families, all voted for Trump. These families were hoping to bring family over to live in the states but due to the new immigration crackdown were denied. The families interviewed couldn't comprehend why Trump was doing this. Trump is doing exactly what he said he was going to do. There are other examples of similar stories. What did you think was going to happen? He's checking off everything on his to do list. Sorry, but you get what you pay for folks.

Damn, this was an interesting read and quite a fascinating perspective and angle on the Trump's megalomania populism. I've restrained from posting anything political on FB but I'm breaking from that. This shit is too much. First thing I posted was this article, because I think it would actually make my peers who are Trump supporters (or passively voted for him and against HRC) have to think critically. It's a damning comparison. Likewise it's food for thought for my fellow liberal friends who are flustered as hell.

Thanks for sharing it.

At work I'm practically the only one who didn't vote for trump. There are only 5 of us who work here (4 now since one was fired). Funny how you couldn't shut them up leading up to the inauguration. It's been crickets here at work since all the executive orders. One finally broke down today and voiced her disapproval of how he's doing things.

This just confounds me...I saw something on the news with several syrian families, all voted for Trump. These families were hoping to bring family over to live in the states but due to the new immigration crackdown were denied. The families interviewed couldn't comprehend why Trump was doing this. Trump is doing exactly what he said he was going to do. There are other examples of similar stories. What did you think was going to happen? He's checking off everything on his to do list. Sorry, but you get what you pay for folks.

if this story is true than those people are pretty damn stupid jfc.

and yeah same goes for anyone that voted for trump that is somehow surprised by any of this. go and die please.

sadly here. And I mean no ill will, but man, what did you expect...

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/families-relatives-in-limbo-after-pres-trump-s-travel-ban-866192451637

Ironically, Jeff Sessions (Trump's appointee for the AG office) had asked the now ex-AG if she was willing to defy the President if an order was deemed or considered illegal... he had asked that to bait her into possibly saying she wouldn't defy the President (Obama), but it backfired since now she defied Trump and was fired for it.

They better fucking ask him the same goddamned question.

Of course, this doesn't compare outrage-wise to the current immigration ban or anything, but just another example/day in our now white-supremacist run administration, yay! what a douche bag even this press secretary is.

Edited by Lane Visitor

incredible.. a simple google search under "trump" reveals over a billion results...

which is more than two times the amount of results for "obama" and "clinton" combined. 

of course, he's had a history of being a billionaire/ reality star / business tycoon, but it still seems excessive to me.

Edited by Lane Visitor

just for context of google results, bieber at 245 mil, madonna clocks in around 170 mil, elvis at 139 mil, 

satan is at 107 mil, and god is at 1.66 billion. 

also, how is hitler at only 104 mil?

walmart - 245 mil

mcdonalds - 153 mil

coke - 115 mil

conclusion: trump is about to reach god-like status in terms of popularity