IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

hes having another meltdown 

wouldn't be surprise if the cunts do a false flag attack, these people have no shame or morals

Edited by Deer

Just one thought:

Trump is undoubtedly an immature narcissist. In his dreams he wants to build himself monuments. Now he abolished Obamacare. Would it be possible that he will make a new healthcare system that is actually really great and social and better than Obamacare? Not as an act of humanity but because he can call it "TrumpCare" then and imagines himself to be seen as a saint in the future. He'd have his monument and it would be for the better of the American society. I hope that.

hes having another meltdown 

wouldn't be surprise if the cunts do a false flag attack, these people have no shame or morals

That was his reaction to the reinstatement of the travel ban getting blocked, right? What a snowflake.

Meanwhile...

16640640_1940727682814103_79680822280770

I'm really curious to see how long Trump/TheTrumpMachine can keep up this pace. They're gonna have to take a break or their gonna end up fucking something soon.

Obviously I don't mean doing dumb shit, they're doing that pretty consistently, I'm talking about doing something that even the Republicans and their supporters can't justify away.

Maybe the People's Court, or Night Court?

My schadenfreude be gettin it's popcorn ready 

Would it be possible that he will make a new healthcare system that is actually really great and social and better than Obamacare? Not as an act of humanity but because he can call it "TrumpCare" then and imagines himself to be seen as a saint in the future. He'd have his monument and it would be for the better of the American society. I hope that.

For a few fleeting seconds I too wondered whether, in feeding his insatiable narcissism, that he might seek to do something a a means to a end (that of an enduring legacy) that would - purely as a byproduct - actually achieve a greater social benefit.  Then I saw this clip of an interview a while back where he responded to the interviewer's question about gawd (hint: the answer to your question is no)

https://youtu.be/wwir5Uf-Kio?t=444

Edit:

And if the people you pity already had the necessary information required to act differently

Then (by definition) they'd already be acting differently

Maybe instead of pity/resentment/etc we should figure what information they would need to act differently, and give it to them

This is unfortunately not how people operate. The information is widely available, and you have people who are educated, intelligent and quite literate, jamming their fingers in their ears and going "LA LA LA LA FAKE NEWS!!!!!" as loudly as they can.

This has been widely shown by two of the most prominent behavioural psychologists around.

1) Maybe I'm talking about interpersonal/moral information, not factual political information (i.e. Carl Rogers, not Snopes.com)

2) I'm gonna assume you're referring to 'motivated reasoning'

And not the ~100-year old concept of 'cognitive dissonance' (which is riddled with outmoded assumptions)...

So, what do you think is happening in the 'la la fake news!' person?

Because here's the beautiful thing about 'motivated reasoning', Chen:

Motivational states can be modulated by cognition! (It's a miracle!)

So if the motivational state is 'avoid/reduce anomalies'

(e.g. political information we don't like)

And obstacles to that motivational state cause negative emotion

Well, yeah they are gonna avoid negative emotion

(Maybe Google 'predictive coding' and 'free energy principle')

But check it out:

We know how to change that...

(while we're playing this condescension game:)

You should Google 'exposure therapy'

Because it's kind of a big deal

Oh and also: human beings are not static fixed-in-stone things

(Obviously!)

You can feed information into them and change their behavioral patterns

(Again: a miracle!)

Maybe also Google 'fixed mindset' vs 'growth mindset'

Because it's also kind a big deal

Maybe Google 'cognitive behavioral therapy' too

Also a big deal

I'm talking about factual political information, because without factual information, everything else is muddled bullshit.

If you are referring to "moral information" then your statement: "Maybe instead of pity/resentment/etc we should figure what information they would need to act differently, and give it to them" is basically saying "Those Trump supporters are sure a dumb bunch, if only they had the correct moral information." You're simply couching your statement in codified language. Sophistry at its finest.

But apparently you're also talking about political information (see bolded).

And all the exposure therapy in the world isn't going to change the mindset of someone who is blocking the exposure. These people are not willing to put in the effort required in a growth mindset.

So maybe this would be a good idea:

-screw NATO

-make a new defense system with EU, Russia and North America

-invest in South America more, there will be a need of good and strong allies in order to keep the balance with regimes like China after the disarmement of North America and Europe

-Marshall plan for the African continent along with the annulment of exploitative EPAs in order to give African countries the opportunity to develop functioning economies, Chinese neocolonianism won't work if the surrounding countries are strong and free and not being exploited

-then force China to disarm by global econimical sanctions

-once all forces are militarily neutralized there must be global bills to democratize organisations and to prevent monopolization

-set a global minimum wage

-set a global maximum fortune

-set a global basic income

Only problem is it won't work.

- NATO has actually become a stronger armed version of the UN peacekeeping forces - Balkan interventions in 1995 and 1999 inand the deployment of forces into Afghanistan (only time NATO has actually "gone to war" when an ally was attacked) being the main examples.

- US/EU/Russia alignment was in the early to mid-90s a likely outcome, the US and Russia even had friendly military exercises briefly, but this has long since melted. nationalism in Russia (expand borders, pull East Europe back into their sphere of influence, etc) and Russia's much more aggressive anti-terrorist methods (install puppet states, crush all threats, make allies with Iran and Syria as needed, only focus on borders and/or strategic allies) made them diverge from the US and EU.

- South America and Africa: China is already courting both. For example they are building another canal in Nicaragua, or at least trying to, that would compete and supersede the Panama Canal.

- Brazil and India IIRC are essentially trying to stay independent and self-sufficient, even form a third way from either Russia or China or the US/EU

- Africa - we should invest more but it's unlikely the US or EU will considering the rise of isolationism and anti-foreign sentiment in general. France interventions to stabilize places like Chad and Mali might go away completely if LePen wins (I assume, actually not sure if she's anti-interventionism)

So maybe this would be a good idea:

-screw NATO

-make a new defense system with EU, Russia and North America

-invest in South America more, there will be a need of good and strong allies in order to keep the balance with regimes like China after the disarmement of North America and Europe

-Marshall plan for the African continent along with the annulment of exploitative EPAs in order to give African countries the opportunity to develop functioning economies, Chinese neocolonianism won't work if the surrounding countries are strong and free and not being exploited

-then force China to disarm by global econimical sanctions

-once all forces are militarily neutralized there must be global bills to democratize organisations and to prevent monopolization

-set a global minimum wage

-set a global maximum fortune

-set a global basic income

Only problem is it won't work.

- NATO has actually become a stronger armed version of the UN peacekeeping forces - Balkan interventions in 1995 and 1999 inand the deployment of forces into Afghanistan (only time NATO has actually "gone to war" when an ally was attacked) being the main examples.

- US/EU/Russia alignment was in the early to mid-90s a likely outcome, the US and Russia even had friendly military exercises briefly, but this has long since melted. nationalism in Russia (expand borders, pull East Europe back into their sphere of influence, etc) and Russia's much more aggressive anti-terrorist methods (install puppet states, crush all threats, make allies with Iran and Syria as needed, only focus on borders and/or strategic allies) made them diverge from the US and EU.

- South America and Africa: China is already courting both. For example they are building another canal in Nicaragua, or at least trying to, that would compete and supersede the Panama Canal.

- Brazil and India IIRC are essentially trying to stay independent and self-sufficient, even form a third way from either Russia or China or the US/EU

- Africa - we should invest more but it's unlikely the US or EU will considering the rise of isolationism and anti-foreign sentiment in general. France interventions to stabilize places like Chad and Mali might go away completely if LePen wins (I assume, actually not sure if she's anti-interventionism)

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2017/feb/10/european-union-eu-pledges-225m-rescue-package-newly-democratic-the-gambia-adama-barrow

Gambia isn't exactly the most problematic country but it's a start/something.

hilariously amateurish interview of Spicer by some guy who presumably just started working at Breitbart yesterday as an unpaid intern (camera guy too):

"..I should mention that there were 13 more seconds of silence in the beginning that wouldn’t fit on twitter"

LOL!! The  "why are they doing this" tweet above it is a funny clip as well.    with "fake news" CNN playing in the background flol these guys are the best

@ashleyfeinberg/status/829852617039835137/photo/1

GUYZ JESUS FUCKING CHRIST HOW DO I POST A VID TWEET LIKE ABOVE? Copy code from embed tweet??? paste the username and ststus number into box using the special BBCODE???? none of that works.

Edited by colunga

hilariously amateurish interview of Spicer by some guy who presumably just started working at Breitbart yesterday as an unpaid intern (camera guy too):

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/829855768434397187

"..I should mention that there were 13 more seconds of silence in the beginning that wouldn’t fit on twitter"

Took me a while to realise what this reminded me of. It's exactly like Nathan For You

Politico - What Steve Bannon Wants You To Read

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/02/steve-bannon-books-reading-list-214745

Bannon, described by one associate as “the most well-read person in Washington,” is known for recommending books to colleagues and friends, according to multiple people who have worked alongside him. He is a voracious reader who devours works of history and political theory “in like an hour,” said a former associate whom Bannon urged to read Sun Tzu’s The Art of War. “He’s like the Rain Man of nationalism.”
 Bannon’s 2015 documentary, “Generation Zero,” drew heavily on one of his favorite books, “The Fourth Turning” by William Strauss and Neil Howe. The book explains a theory of history unfolding in 80- to 100-year cycles, or “turnings,” the fourth and final stage of which is marked by periods of cataclysmic change in which the old order is destroyed and replaced—a current period that, in Bannon’s view, was sparked by the 2008 financial crisis and has now been manifested in part by the rise of Trump.

Of course Spicer pulls the "Fake News" card, producing his own "alternative facts" to glorify...um...that dude. (I've taken a vow to no longer refer to him directly by name.)

This would be outright laughable if these irrational goons weren't already occupying the White House.

The dossier was commissioned as opposition research by political opponents of then-candidate Trump and compiled by a former British intelligence agent. US intelligence agencies checked out the former MI6 operative and his vast network throughout Europe and found him and his sources to be credible.

Yeah. "Fake News" that, bitch.