IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

^ fake news.

alleged source is a memo floating around within the DHS. at the bottom of the page of the huffpost linnk there is a copy of the order w/highlighted section referencing national guard. if it's fake they jumped a few hurdles to make it look real. 

The AP’s report says that an 11-page draft memo showed the Trump administration considering an unprecedented militarization of immigration enforcement as far north as Portland, Oregon, and as far east as New Orleans.

The memo, which has reportedly been circulating among Department of Homeland Security staff for two weeks, says participating troops would be authorized “to perform the functions of an immigration officer in relation to the investigation, apprehension and detention of aliens in the United States,” according to the AP.

The National Guard is not part of ICE, but the memo obtained by the AP is reminiscent of that August pledge. Federal law permits the president to call up National Guard units in the various states when he or she believes that “unlawful obstructions, combinations, assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the U.S. make it impractical to enforce the laws of the U.S. in any state or territory by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings.”

Edited by ignatius

scary cyberpunk take on things.. "Deep state overtaking trump is prescription for destruction of democracy" 

https://www.democracynow.org/2017/2/16/greenwald_empowering_the_deep_state_to

Now, I happen to think that the Trump presidency is extremely dangerous. You just listed off in your news—in your newscast that led the show, many reasons. They want to dismantle the environment. They want to eliminate the safety net. They want to empower billionaires. They want to enact bigoted policies against Muslims and immigrants and so many others. And it is important to resist them. And there are lots of really great ways to resist them, such as getting courts to restrain them, citizen activism and, most important of all, having the Democratic Party engage in self-critique to ask itself how it can be a more effective political force in the United States after it has collapsed on all levels. That isn’t what this resistance is now doing. What they’re doing instead is trying to take maybe the only faction worse than Donald Trump, which is the deep state, the CIA, with its histories of atrocities, and say they ought to almost engage in like a soft coup, where they take the elected president and prevent him from enacting his policies. And I think it is extremely dangerous to do that.

so, if the intelligences agencies are withholding information from trump because they don't trust him or his decision making and they're possibly afraid he'll share it with the wrong people (russia) then we have a president who is neutered and a sham and obviously can't lead because he doesn't have the backing of this agencies.. how can this continue?  it's a fucking mess. 

Edited by ignatius

so i have friends in the state department who told me trump has fired most of the managerial staff, people who are necessary for the bureaucracy to run because of security clearances and training needed to communicate with our embassies in other countries. because of this many people don't have a boss and are basically reporting directly to trump, who apparently has office hours of 8-630, mon-fri. 

so i have friends in the state department who told me trump has fired most of the managerial staff, people who are necessary for the bureaucracy to run because of security clearances and training needed to communicate with our embassies in other countries. because of this many people don't have a boss and are basically reporting directly to trump, who apparently has office hours of 8-630, mon-fri. 

reporting directly to trump sounds like a great way to get solid foreign policy advice.  he'll basically say:

"hey do you get cable TV there? i'm watching CNN and they say i didn't have the largest electoral college victory.. but on fox news they say Putin won't invade Massachusetts but anyway.. what's your problem there in china? di they have nordstroms there??? because Ivanka's line got dropped and we need to let china know that's not going to fly"

^ agreed (edit: both above posts, Bob2slo).  Gonna put all my furher musings on Shit Gibbon to the other thread from now on.

Civilization: ya blew it

Edited by Bob Dobalina

^ agreed (edit: both above posts, Bob2slo).  Gonna put all my furher musings on Shit Gibbon to the other thread from now on.

Civilization: ya blew it

agreed, everyone stop posting in this thread immediately. this is the last post of the thread.