IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Journalist:

"But there’s no evidence that 3 million people voted with…"

Trump:

"We’ll see after the committee. I have people say it was more than that. We will see after we have. But there will be, we are forming a committee. And we are going to do a study on it, a very serious problem."

Jesus just impeach this fool already.

But Pence's own agenda is at least as destructive, except he's competent enough to actually pull it off.

Anyhow, I actually came in here to post this:

And also remind people that yesterday the senate voted to roll back the minimal privacy we have online and allow ISPs to sell all of your browsing history..

Edited by RSP

And also remind people that yesterday the senate voted to roll back the minimal privacy we have online and allow ISPs to sell all of your browsing history..

I can't even bother being upset anymore. Venting to fellow concerned friends is tiring for all. I can't convince any Trump supporters to even consider another perspective, let alone listen to me without jeopardizing whatever personal relationship we have.

I just say "well at least we aren't having a coup every other week, pogroms and mass killings, hyperinflation and mass famine" until, god forbid, that shit actually starts occurring.

At least people keep putting good memes and jokes out there, which is hard to do when reality is so absurd. Thanks for keeping this thread alive with such posts, it helps.

Edited by joshuatx

The sad irony is that it failed b/c for a subset of republican cunts it wasn't draconian enough

how I am going to win my gerrymandered district of right-wing dumbnuts if I compromise!?

Is Trump/Ryan spinning this loss yet? I'm about to have to go watch CNN or something I can't wait. 50+ times trying to repeal it under Obama's administration, and their first attempt here is totally fucking shit. Love it.

The sad part is that the ACA really does need some fixes, but obviously their proposal did little to nothing to progress the state of American health care. We'll either get something similar to this pushed through in a year or two, or nothing again until the next administration. Lose/lose for many many people.

Is Trump/Ryan spinning this loss yet? I'm about to have to go watch CNN or something I can't wait.

Trump literally called WP after it occurred. Writer answered it thinking it was a reader calling from an unlisted #. Interesting article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/powerpost/president-trump-called-my-cellphone-to-say-that-the-health-care-bill-was-dead/2017/03/24/8282c3f6-10ce-11e7-9b0d-d27c98455440_story.html

Well at least they can take solace in knowing they successfully repealed the ban on shooting bear cubs in their dens during hibernation season yesterday. Which, for some reason, was a priority.

Ted Nugent must be psyched.

Edited by RSP

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/24/republican-healthcare-plan-bill-vote-pulled-obamacare-trump

Trump refused to bash the House speaker, Paul Ryan, but declined to answer a question about policy changes he would like to see in health reform. Instead, he said he was ready to move on to tax reform, saying: “We’re probably going to start going very strongly on big tax cuts. Tax reform that will be next.”

He added: “We all learned a lot. We learned a lot about loyalty.”

A) He declined to answer questions about policy changes because he doesn't understand public policy

B) He should be asking Kim Jeong Un about how to promote loyalty within the ranks.