IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

When I lived in Egypt, I smoked hash with a Syrian refugee, and we talked about life.  I said the hash was good, and he looked at me with a smile and said, "It's not the hash- it's who you smoke with."  And we had a beautiful human moment; shortly after a super bright light was in the sky, and we thought we were gonna get abducted by aliens for a sec.  But anyway... what the fuck is anyone doing with all this violence and retarded shit.  World peace, man.....  C'mon.  But considering most people can't not get mad for one year straight, it is kind of hard to expect eternal peace.  BUUUUUT we all gotta do our part.  ...We all gotta do our part.  *Much Love*

Dats beautiful, mang

:emotawesomepm9: and when we accidentally blow up some of those spooky russians and iranians crawling all over that country :w00t:

How long until Russia comes out and says there were Russian troops at the site the US targeted? Any takers on that bet?
Apparently they told the Russians in advance of the strike.

For all the tension between the parties involved this has been the typical scenario on the ground. US and Russia still avoid attacking each other pretty carefully despite the shit show politically. Keep in mind Israel has done similar airstrikes without issue in Syria. 

And yes there are Russians at that base: Mi-24 attack copters specifically. The misses probably attacked the munitions on the other side of the base so were no where near Russian personal.

what do u guys think? is this a game changer, or will this be merely more cold war / rebel games?

The latter 100%

what do u guys think? is this a game changer, or will this be merely more cold war / rebel games?

I feel like attacking a direct Russian ally might be a game changer.

But I'm not into politics so I don't know.

I don't think so. Pragmatic restraint wins out every time as a strategy despite this occasional fuck ups involving the 3rd party forces. Keep in mind a NATO ally, Turkey, shot down a Russian attack jet in 2015. Didn't change anything in the long-run.

Looks like the powers that be really want the Iraq war all over again. How long until the invasion of Syria and Iran? How long until the holocaust of innocent muslims?

it's already happening thanks to assad.

they should have taken direct action against him ages ago. it's not pretty but neither is pussyfooting around and arming islamists in a never ending proxy war. 

Taking out Assad would only expand the proxy war. It'd be far more messy than Libya, where we did take direct action against Gaddafi, and which now has 3 different governments competing for power and is basically a warlord state similar to mid-90s Somalia. 

We're narrowly avoid said situation in North Iraq, where the Mosul offensive is slow and steady because you literally have a enemy-of-an-enemy is a friend scenerio of Kurds, Shia militia, Turkey, the US, Iraq central forces, etc. all united to eliminate ISIS but who are all historic adversaries of each other. 

All the talk of taking him out early on is 20/20 hindsight. It's been 7 years and in the meantime it arguably would of been better to actually support him in order to stamp out ISIS/ISIL faster. 

Oh c'mon hooker piss tape. 

What purpose would that serve other than distract people from actual issues? People are already focusing way too much on him rather than the entire government as a whole.

Lastly, this is sadly a redo of the mid-80s select military intervention and eventual withdrawal we did in Lebanon/Syria in the mid-80s, which included airstrikes that got US personal killed and captured. These missile strikes are more akin to Clinton's Sudan and Afghanistan bombings than anything else. I don't expect much from it besides a short-term statement politically and strategically. Trump has come off as a buffoon in talk but literally done little in action different than Obama regarding Syria, and I mean that neither as a compliment nor insult.

Edited by joshuatx

Lastly, this is sadly a redo of the mid-80s select military intervention and eventual withdrawal we did in Lebanon/Syria in the mid-80s, which included airstrikes that got US personal killed and captured. These missile strikes are more akin to Clinton's Sudan and Afghanistan bombings than anything else. I don't expect much from it besides a short-term statement politically and strategically. Trump has come off as a buffoon in talk but literally done little in action different than Obama regarding Syria, and I mean that neither as a compliment nor insult.

Obama did it, Trump's doing it, and Hillary would have done the same thing. There's no stopping the military industrial complex.

What purpose would that serve other than distract people from actual issues? People are already focusing way too much on him rather than the entire government as a whole.

Because I can only imagine the amazing dank memes that would unfold. Purely selfish reasons really.

Because I can only imagine the amazing dank memes that would unfold. Purely selfish reasons really.

I would be morbidly curious to actually see something like that come out. GOP can defend his misogynistic comments, insults to war veterans, and blatant corruption but they'd be hard pressed to deflect a scandal like that. Granted I'm pretty sure the only way he'd be immediately impeached is if there's footage of him sacrificing children in a satanic ritual with Kim Jong Un, the ghost of Fidel Castro, and Lena Dunham in attendance. 

'Russia on Friday condemned a U.S. missile strike against Syrian government forces as an attack on its ally and said it was suspending an agreement to minimize the risk of in-flight incidents between U.S. and Russian aircraft operating over Syria... Under the now-suspended pact, the two countries had traded information about flights by a U.S.-led coalition targeting the Islamic State and Russian planes operating in Syria in support of the Assad government. Moscow was taking its action, the Russian Defense Ministry said, because it sees the U.S. strike “as a grave violation of the memorandum' - https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/russia-condemns-us-missile-strike-on-syria/2017/04/07/c81ea12a-1b4e-11e7-8003-f55b4c1cfae2_story.html

lol?

they let russia know.. and apparently russia let syria know and syria moved a bunch of people and equipment for protection.. 

this is all theater. 

watch... things will get tense in the press and trump will make a deal to calm things down that also ends sanctions on russia. 

Do those two pipelines really cross paths there? Basically one well placed attack could destroy both pipelines and fuck over Europe, and piss off Russia & America and their friends and foes and basically everyone all in one fell swoop.

They never built the US backed one.

Qatar’s plans were first put forward in 2009 and involved building a pipeline from the Persian Gulf via Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria and Turkey.

The gas field located 3000 metres below the floor of the Persian Gulf is the largest natural gas field in the world. Qatar owns about two-thirds of the resource but can’t capitalise on it fully because it relies on tankers to deliver it to other countries and this makes its gas more expensive than Russia’s.

It was hoped the pipeline would provide cheaper access to Europe but Syrian President Bashar al Assad refused to give permission for the pipeline to go through his territory. Some believe Russia pressured him to reject the pipeline to safeguard its own business.

http://www.news.com.au/world/middle-east/is-the-fight-over-a-gas-pipeline-fuelling-the-worlds-bloodiest-conflict/news-story/74efcba9554c10bd35e280b63a9afb74

I can't vouch for the reliability of that source, but  :cisfor: drilluminati.

Edited by doublename

So what detriment to our civil liberties will the GOP push through while we're distracted with this Syria shit?

So what detriment to our civil liberties will the GOP push through while we're distracted with this Syria shit?

whatever they do.. trophy wives and fake tans will be safe. 

USA always finds a way to bomb some people or stuff.  press gets into a ferver.. country gets amped up.. USA is dumb.. we're basically yosemite sam firing off pistols and yelling yeehaw!