IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/12/trump-special-counsel-robert-mueller-surrogates-239447

the white house looks guilty as fuck

they have to know that attacking mueller (or worse, firing him) is going to look very bad, so the only logical conclusion is that leaving him in his position as special counsel is even worse for the white house - there are bodies in the crawlspaces 

Edited by Sally Vingoe

Oliver Stone must have lost a lot of money in a divorce or something and he got all mixed up with the Kremlin. 

He lost completely after South of The Border. I'll always appreciate him for his classic films, especially in the context of when they came out in the Reagan 80s, but he's essentially cancelled out that brave leftism with this delusional apologetic-ism of despots like Putin and Chavez. It's lazy as a leftist (truly being one often means you have fight both right-wing AND left-wing authoritarianism), insults centrists trying to mitigate geopolitical chaos seething in places like Venezuela and Russia, and it merely lets right-wingers use his work as another criticism against "liberal propaganda." 

Kudos to Colbert for letting Stone kind of fumble over his own nonsensical, contradictory views on Putin.

Edited by joshuatx

jeez.. that's some shitty shit by oliver stone.. i've seen some of his twitter feed over the last year or so and he's really taken on that narrative of the "deep state" vs trump/russia and as russia trying to bring peace and good relationships to the world.. really ignores so much of the reality of putin's rise etc. 

these hearings are like watching A Few Good Men without the climax

"I WANT THE TRUTH!"

"YOU CAN'T GET THAT NOW OR PROBABLY NOT EVER AND I PLEAD THE 5TH OR WHATEVER"

can we talk about how many jobs I make for America?

and her emails?

*this week on keeping up with the Kardashians*

I was worried McCain and Sessions were going to get stuck in a very-old-and-incoherent-white-men's loop of just blabbering back and forth, given McCain's rambling last week and Sessions' rambling the entirety of today (because he gets nervous when questioned and seemingly also forgets literally everything that has ever happened to him). That surprisingly didn't happen and McCain almost made a decent point, and Harris was sure trying. Tom Cotton is a piece of shit, I think? I've seen him before but don't remember him being that much of an asslicker as I saw today. 

Tom Cotton is a piece of shit, I think? I've seen him before but don't remember him being that much of an asslicker as I saw today. 

lol my thoughts exactly

Senator Jack Reed from Rhode Island actually got him pretty good when he called him out on supposedly firing Comey for the same reasons he previously praised him for more than once. That plus the timing of it and his willful ignorance of anything to do with Putin's election interference. Also, he offered information like what he talked about with an ambassador, while he said he forgot about it completely before... Claiming executive privilege, which he can't do, but the president might want to use it in the future? ... 

Kamala Harris made him so nervous he started offering way too much information, starting the whole "why can't America and Putin be friends?" thing which seemed like an admission of guilt slipping through. 

Surely the real investigation is about data gathering. Mueller getting stuck in to evidence rather than this nonsense.

I believe so. It's easy to forget with all of this soap opera shit that real people are actually working. I'm just getting really tired of these slow developments and right wing media making huge leaps to make team treason look vindicated(ha!)

Some pretty unsettling business happening this weekend.  Major military training exercises in my city, covering a lot of the downtown but also there were helicopters and some kind of pyrotechnics close enough to my house to shake the entire building in the middle of the night the other day for nearly an hour.  Last night I talked to someone from New Bedford who said they were doing something similar there the same day, four hours of military exercises involving people on the ground and multiple helicopters starting around 11 pm all over the city.  Military jets flying over today. Not at all comfortable with the military training for action in US cities.  I saw how quickly and completely Boston was shut down just by the militarized local police force after the marathon bombing.  I don't like thinking about what will probably happen if (or more likely when, unfortunately) something like what we're seeing in London happens in a major US city. Or even a natural or infrastructure disaster, given that FEMA has been gutted and literally doesn't even have an administrator right now, so if there's a major hurricane or large scale power failure or anything, federal aid is probably going to be coming more from, say, National Guard or Homeland Security.

EDIT: while everyone was focused on the Sessions hearing, the Senate has almost finished pushing repeal and replace through.  It's most likely going to happen by the end of the week.

Edited by RSP

Yeah, that clip is the one I was talking about.

EDIT: my bad, I thought that was the full clip of the cabinet meeting. The part about cooperation with local law enforcement is later.

Edited by RSP