IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

I wish every single muslim in the US would join the NRA. I wonder if that would change anything?

I'd imagine most are too rational and level-headed to join such a faction. Besides, I can't even imagine such a scenario would go smoothly, given the NRA demographic is overwhelmingly angry old white men. They'd be "welcomed" at gunpoint, if they're lucky.

I wish every single muslim in the US would join the NRA. I wonder if that would change anything?

I'd imagine most are too rational and level-headed to join such a faction. Besides, I can't even imagine such a scenario would go smoothly, given the NRA demographic is overwhelmingly angry old white men. They'd be "welcomed" at gunpoint, if they're lucky.

Conservative GOP and Democrat support for gun control actually got very aggressive in the late 60s - because black citizens were carrying guns in public legally. Mulford Act in California in 1967 was literallycrafted to prevent Black Panthers from executing their 2nd amendment rights.

The history of the NRA is really interesting. Until the 1970s they were aggressively involved in gun regulation, licensing, and gun control - the opposite of their goals now. They still practice gun safety and education but it used to be their only role. The supported the Gun Control Act of 1968. 

"I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I seldom carry one. ... I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses." - Karl Frederick, NRA President in 1934

After the 70s they became a PAC, expanded spending and overall size and wealth, and began endorsing candidates and awarding "ratings." To give you an example of how extreme they became, HW Bush publically rescinded his membership to NRA in 1995.

The problem with the NRA is has become a "gun rights" group. They will block anything that would potentially decrease gun and gun accessory sales. They are even working against efforts by law enforcement offices trying to propose any form of licensing and regulation of gun control. It's incredibly immoral, reckless, and self-serving. 

All those trogs who chant "Trump 2020!" in their comments on FB, U-toob, and elsewhere need to get bitch slapped

in their heads they think "THIS SHIT IS LIT FAM WE IN A MEME TUBE SURFING THE LIBTARDS"  so yeah.. agreed. 

All those trogs who chant "Trump 2020!" in their comments on FB, U-toob, and elsewhere need to get bitch slapped

in their heads they think "THIS SHIT IS LIT FAM WE IN A MEME TUBE SURFING THE LIBTARDS"  so yeah.. agreed. 

this is dead on

there's the others though - the traditional conservatives who have been working overtime mentally defending this guy - I think many are going to, albeit without really admitting fault, finally give up on Trump 

in other words, there are those who are ignorant and delusional in the misguided sense, and there are those who are flat out sociopaths and vile (the alt right shitheads). it will be less satisfying but far more interesting to see the former deal with the reckoning that they voted for the worst president in history.

Edited by joshuatx

And I'm afraid we're gonna see a resurgence of far-right reactionary agenda later down the road from the latter group, if they decide to infiltrate run for office. So even after Trump's out of the picture and the pendulum swings back the other way, it doesn't mean we're forever safe.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account 
@realDonaldTrump

Just watched a very insecure Oprah Winfrey, who at one point I knew very well, interview a panel of people on 60 Minutes. The questions were biased and slanted, the facts incorrect. Hope Oprah runs so she can be exposed and defeated just like all of the others!

insecure

insecure

insecure

I kinda appreciate Trump tweets. That way you know what he's up to. Watching TV, mainly. Which gives an awkwardly safe feeling. The more inane his tweets, the better.

Please don't try to govern. Just play golf and live tweet TV experiences until impeachment day. Please leave the justice department alone. And defence as well, btw.

I kinda appreciate Trump tweets. That way you know what he's up to. Watching TV, mainly. Which gives an awkwardly safe feeling. The more inane his tweets, the better.

Yeah, apparently he wasn't allowed to go golfing this past weekend while on vacation at mar-a-lago, as his babysitters deemed it insensitive to the shooting victims. Therefore we got a weekend of angry tweets, since baby Donnie was essentially grounded and spent the weekend locked in his room probably inhaling Mickey D's milkshakes and watching fox news.