IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Alexandria is full of DC parasites, even if David Lynch grew up there, still, what effect could this have on the Putin regime?

With the US its usually about contained chaos & bad foreign policy, but with Putin and China growing in influence, the US seems caught up in a hall of mirrors

justice takes time, Russian mercenary & US forces clashing on the ground in the ME recently, errrrm love & light or 1 term President or summat

DeVos' speech is more broken than her heart

"teachers across florida and at a high school where 17 people were shot dead on Feb. 14 pay into a retirement fund that invests in gun companies, it was revealed earlier this week.

"the florida education association, which represents educators but doesn’t control the pension fund, urged the state body that does to sell its more than a half-million dollars’ worth of american outdoor stock, as well as that of other gun companies.

"i am sure that most of florida’s public school employees are as sickened as i am to learn that the state has invested some of our pension fund holdings in the maker of the AR-15,” said joanne mccall, president of the FEA, an affiliate of the national education association. “surely there are better places for the state to invest its public employee retirement money than in companies that make products that harm our children.”" - source

Trump would probably say getting done for money laundering was fine as its not collusion

His contradictions are very impressive

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/donald-trump-denies-calling-arm-teachers-bizarre-contradictory-twitter-screed

Edited by bendish

this guy.. lol.. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-maybe-they-have-to-put-a-rating-system-on-movies/

“We have to look at the internet because a lot of bad things are happening to young kids and young minds and their minds are being formed,” the president said. “We have to do something about maybe what they’re seeing and how they're seeing it. And also video games. I’m hearing more and more people say the level of violence on video games is really shaping young people’s thoughts.”

And then the president pivoted to blaming Hollywood.

“You see these movies, they’re so violent. And yet a kid is able to see the movie if sex isn’t involved, but killing is involved. And maybe they have to put a rating system for that. You get into a whole very complicated, very big deal but the fact is that you are having movies come out that are so violent with the killing and everything else that maybe that’s another thing we’re going to have to discuss.”

It was unclear whether Trump was aware that the Motion Picture Association of America already rates films based on graphic sexual or violent content; or if he was suggesting that ratings system needs to be overhauled.

Well if he's advocating for more nudity to supplant all the violence, I can't say I'm too opposed to that.

Not sure if i will follow you on that. Lots of people I have no interest in seeing naked.

turns out the armed guard sent to the school, and who was onsite as the shooting occured, didn’t actually go into the school to confront the shooter. can’t say i really blame him - he probably would have been killed. just illustrates what a ridiculous argument arming teachers is - a rational person (such as a teacher) with a gun in a chaotic and terrifying situation is most likely to panic, freeze, run away etc. a lunatic with a death wish out to kill as many people as possible has no fear.

Interesting op-ed in the Atlantic by a radiologist on treating people with gun wounds.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/02/what-i-saw-treating-the-victims-from-parkland-should-change-the-debate-on-guns/553937/

I have seen a handful of AR-15 injuries in my career. I saw one from a man shot in the back by a SWAT team years ago. The injury along the path of the bullet from an AR-15 is vastly different from a low-velocity handgun injury. The bullet from an AR-15 passes through the body like a cigarette boat travelling at maximum speed through a tiny canal. The tissue next to the bullet is elastic—moving away from the bullet like waves of water displaced by the boat—and then returns and settles back. This process is called cavitation; it leaves the displaced tissue damaged or killed. The high-velocity bullet causes a swath of tissue damage that extends several inches from its path. It does not have to actually hit an artery to damage it and cause catastrophic bleeding. Exit wounds can be the size of an orange.
As a doctor, I feel I have a duty to inform the public of what I have learned as I have observed these wounds and cared for these patients. It’s clear to me that AR-15 or other high-velocity weapons, especially when outfitted with a high-capacity magazine, have no place in a civilian’s gun cabinet. 

student-teacher arguments to now be settled by a good old-fashioned high-noon shootout. 

cowboy hats optional

Edited by olo

this guy.. lol.. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-maybe-they-have-to-put-a-rating-system-on-movies/

“We have to look at the internet because a lot of bad things are happening to young kids and young minds and their minds are being formed,” the president said. “We have to do something about maybe what they’re seeing and how they're seeing it. And also video games. I’m hearing more and more people say the level of violence on video games is really shaping young people’s thoughts.”

And then the president pivoted to blaming Hollywood.

“You see these movies, they’re so violent. And yet a kid is able to see the movie if sex isn’t involved, but killing is involved. And maybe they have to put a rating system for that. You get into a whole very complicated, very big deal but the fact is that you are having movies come out that are so violent with the killing and everything else that maybe that’s another thing we’re going to have to discuss.”

It was unclear whether Trump was aware that the Motion Picture Association of America already rates films based on graphic sexual or violent content; or if he was suggesting that ratings system needs to be overhauled.

this is not the first time donald trump has talked about closing up the internet. there's a video here from 2015 in which he says we need to maybe close up parts of the internet, and those who say otherwise are foolish people.

statements like this should land with the utmost alarm.

trump already unilaterally dismantled net neutrality, creating the mechanism by which ISPs can flip an off switch on a website. 

the internet is far more essential to preserving democracy than guns...............................................................

Edited by very honest

wasn't just an armed guard, it was the deputy sheriff :cisfor: who has now resigned instead of being suspended.

Deputy Peterson “was seeking cover behind a concrete column leading to a stairwell"

And now that he's resigned, his ex-sheriff buddies are guarding his home. Good that he's safe and policemen are wasting their time there.

A separate incident, from February 2016, was also under review. The sheriff’s office said a deputy responded to a tip that Cruz planned to shoot up a school and that the information was forwarded to Peterson, the school resource officer.

And apparently it wasn't just the FBI that got a tip that Cruz was threatening to shoot up his school, the local sheriff dept got at least two reports over the last year or so, as well as multiple run ins with the kid previously that would suggest his escalating violent tendencies. It's almost as if we can have warning signs and all the right people in place to catch someone about to do this and yet it doesn't get stopped...

Perhaps taking away the ability to easily access such powerful weaponry is a solution? Has that been suggested yet? :cisfor:

Donnie had a stop today at a CPAC convention on his never ending campaign tour. It's like he's an aging rock star that keeps going round and round to the same lesser known cities, rattling off his greatest hits to a completely of touch fan base.

Today's 75 minute set list included such classics as "build the wall", "lock her up", and a cover of "the snake":

Turning to this year’s elections, Trump told conservative activists at CPAC that Republicans must not be complacent in the fall midterms, warning of terrible consequences if Democrats take control of Congress.

Trump predicted Democrats would “take away those massive tax cuts,” referencing to his signature tax law signed in December, “and they will take away your Second Amendment.” Trump then surveyed the audience of conservatives on which issue was more important to them, and listened as the crowd cheered loudly in support of the Second Amendment right to bear arms.

Near the end of a roughly 75-minute speech, Trump recited the lyrics from the 1960s song, “The Snake,” a campaign staple that served as an allegory to warn of what he views as the dangers of some refugees and immigrants being allowed into the United States. Trump reiterated his campaign pledge to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexican border and charged Democrats with failing to engage on a plan to provide protections for young immigrants, even though he ended the program.

Trump argued that his administration has kept his campaign promises, boasting as he often does that he “had the most successful first year in the history of the presidency.”

And he re-aired rhetoric from his 2016 campaign, citing a “very crooked media, we had a crooked candidate, too, by the way,” referencing former Democratic rival Hillary Clinton. The crowd chanted, “lock her up,” a common refrain at Trump campaign rallies.