IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

You have to wonder though if all this stupid shit with Rosanne and other celebs is all a distraction for more sinister behind-the-scenes shit this administration is trying to pull.

I'm not trying to don the foil hat. I'm just saying it seems to be a pattern.

You have to wonder though if all this stupid shit with Rosanne and other celebs is all a distraction for more sinister behind-the-scenes shit this administration is trying to pull.

pardoning random assholes while putting tarriffs on our allies seems a solid plan. he's put more tariffs on our allies than he has on china who he complained about for a couple years campaigning... not to mention russia... 

^ plethora of banking regulation rollbacks and daily Cohen trial and Mueller investigation reveals

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

^ plethora of banking regulation rollbacks and daily Cohen trial and Mueller investigation reveals

totally. though a lot of that stuff is making the front page on reddit it's slipping from normal news coverage.. 

oh, and there's the thousands of "hidden" dead in puerto rico. 

totally. though a lot of that stuff is making the front page on reddit it's slipping from normal news coverage.. 

oh, and there's the thousands of "hidden" dead in puerto rico. 

Apparently the death toll from the Maria aftermath is well over 4K now. The whole way the administration handled it was abysmal, needless to say.

"Durhurhur let's play catch the toilet paper, you're welcome."

The only worth in Tom Arnold's opinion is knowing he's not wrong. Like running into a friend or coworker or relative you wondered was a Trump supporter but turned out to be sane and grounded.

but yeah...1:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXi2jE-Dxdw

Edited by joshuatx

"Yeah, I think the summit with North Korea is back on. I mean it could be on. Or maybe it won't. Who knows. We'll have to wait and see".

I think the pattern is just gutting social programs on the one hand and riling people up on the other. That creates a lot of convenient, free distraction as a side effect, and also it's easy to manipulate desperate people by appealing to their less rational impulses (i.e. dog whistling). They get fucked, blame whoever seems guilty (e.g. immigrants, minorities, feminists), vote for policies/politicians that fuck them again, and repeat the cycle. It doesn't require that much coordination or strategizing, they just need to be ruthless and put a decent spin on it. Take the tin foil off (save it for reheating your leftovers) and try to think like a robber baron.

The real trick will be to reach those "deplorables" and help them see the forest for the trees. But as long as we're just a bunch of liberals in a room smelling our own farts, we're not making progress. And by shaming racists and misogynists instead of trying to figure out what makes them tick, we're probably actually making things worse. Compassion for people like that often feels gross, but I think it has to be the start of any real change to the status quo.

The newly imposed steel tax is going to be... interesting.

The newly imposed steel tax is going to be... interesting.

it's idiotic. 

a lot of the companies affected are american owned.  they have a distributed supply chain to be robust so have their company spread out.. same way ford makes parts and cars all over the world. USA/Canada/Mexico etc.  so all it's going to do is fuck up american jobs, hurt our allies and eventually kick up prices for americans.. 

sounds like something Putin would enjoy watching. 

it will be interesting indeed. it's an ocean of dumb fuckery we're wading into