IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Guess we need UN Peacekeepers to intervene, because we have too many brainwashed zealots loyal to Donnie running the show now.

And that Trump mural makes me wanna puke. Somebody should at least vandalize it by drawing pigtails and a dirty Sanchez on it.

the NYC AG is suing trump and family for their fake charity organization which used the monies to curry favors to himself

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/nyregion/trump-foundation-lawsuit-attorney-general.html

and of course trump is already saying he'll just ignore the lawsuit

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1007281811737710594

the NYC AG is suing trump and family for their fake charity organization which used the monies to curry favors to himself

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/nyregion/trump-foundation-lawsuit-attorney-general.html

and of course trump is already saying he'll just ignore the lawsuit

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1007281811737710594

Nah, he can't ignore it. It means he'll fight it instead of settling, which will open him up to discovery/all the dirty laundry being aired. Criminal referrals to the IRS aren't a good thing to get for your birthday either. I like it!

Trump will get away with it all and die peacefully in his bed, believing that he was the dogs bollocks.

this isn't untrue, even if he gets smeared in history and reputation and charged with felonies

even if the hammer falls I seriously doubt he'll even get anything beyond house arrest before he buys the farm

That was actually kinda funny, maybe the first time he's shown he has a bit of a sense of humour despite the context.

Edited by tec

they keep focusing on a nuke-ectomy. Just do anything to open up Nk. Give them money, protect the family, whatever. Once they are open, that Dam will break in time

I'd like to know what proportion of democrats would rather have the NK situation remain unresolved rather than give Trump credit for furthering US diplomacy in NK

Should we give him credit for telling them he'd stop the US military drills with South Korea without telling the Pentagon or South Korea without getting anything concrete in return? 

I'd like to know what proportion of democrats would rather have the NK situation remain unresolved rather than give Trump credit for furthering US diplomacy in NK

Should we give him credit for telling them he'd stop the US military drills with South Korea without telling the Pentagon or South Korea without getting anything concrete in return? 

giving anyone credit is far too soon.  NK has backed out on several "deals" before. nothing has happened yet. the document they signed is nothing. there's no substance to it. it's all vague stuff. 

other presidents could've met w/kim but none of them did because there was nothing to gain and he's a dictator and no one wanted to give him the gift of putting him on the same stage. 

Kim got what he wanted. he has is nukes, he has missiles.. he doesn't need to test. it's all win for him. he gets made legit by a US president. 

meanwhile trump goes on praising him for being a smart leader and saying "other people do bad stuff" and lot's of whataboiutisms and talking about real estate opportunities to a guy who's killed his own family members and starved his whole country etc. 

and remember that he's backed out of lot's of deals. giving trump credit now is too soon. 

i hope it pans out and goes well for the korean people and the region but i've no trouble calling him out on his bullshit. 

other presidents could've met w/kim but none of them did because there was nothing to gain and he's a dictator and no one wanted to give him the gift of putting him on the same stage.

Yep, fake news is reporting brother Vlad has now invited the supreme leader to come to the ruskieland for further worship.

Donnie has essentially walked the sweet prince down the aisle, pulling back the veil and validating him to the world... now it seems other suitors are yearning to join in with the new evil axis power demagogue club Donnie has given rise to...NK Russia USA vs. the world?

Yep, fake news is reporting brother Vlad has now invited the supreme leader to come to the ruskieland for further worship.

Donnie has essentially walked the sweet prince down the aisle, pulling back the veil and validating him to the world... now it seems other suitors are yearning to join in with the new evil axis power demagogue club Donnie has given rise to...NK Russia USA vs. the world?

think of it from a real estate perspective...

srsly though.. it's reported that Vlad said to donnie "if the US would relax military exercises it would relax kim jung and regulate his behavior." or something like that.. 

so, the whole thing was Vlad's idea anyways.. lol.. 

^^^yeah.. i'm all for diplomacy.. it's funny though.. scrap the iran deal that had real conditions and inspectors etc but go this way w/KJI

i think this meeting was very informal and NK scored lot's of good propaganda and pr stuff at home.. we'll how it pans out. 

usually, getting face to face and talking can be good. i think trump sees kim jung as a guy he can talk to. he doesn't understand people like macron or trudeau but a dictator is someone he can relate to. 

Trump is an anomaly in the system... a short lived glitch. Standard US diplomatic behaviour will commence again soon and this will all be a strange episode to reflect back on. 

^^^yeah.. i'm all for diplomacy.. it's funny though.. scrap the iran deal that had real conditions and inspectors etc but go this way w/KJI

i think this meeting was very informal and NK scored lot's of good propaganda and pr stuff at home.. we'll how it pans out. 

usually, getting face to face and talking can be good. i think trump sees kim jung as a guy he can talk to. he doesn't understand people like macron or trudeau but a dictator is someone he can relate to. 

that's the optimistic bend on things.. the damage that's being done is setting back the USA in all kinds of ways. not to mention the domestic policies and environmental policies.

fingers crossed he's just a blip but the consequences are much more than a blip right now for lot's of people. 

Yeah... like i said... i'm in a complete bubble here in australia and understand how privileged i am to spit out half baked ideas heh.

I think most things can be wound back that he is rolling out now but selling some future reform (increases in tax, decreases in revenue from unsound environmental practices) to an uneducated, short term focused base will be tough.

If it makes you feel any better Australia's political system is in greater disarray than the US's. We haven't had a PM elected that survived a single term without being replaced mid-term by intraparty chaos since 1996. 

it doesn't make me feel any better :(

every place has its problems but the right wing fascist movement has been growing all over the world. 

i hope as a world, we can beat it back into the dirt again. 

edit: nationalism is a dangerous thing and here especially because we have some idiots in congress  and a big fat machine that does what its told and drops bombs and runs blockades etc. 

globalism is a mixed bacg but seems in the long run might be the best bet.. it's hugely exploitative for capitalists because it seeks the cheapest labor pool but it also breaks down borders and brings some common understanding and forces change.. for better or worse sometimes.. it's hard to say.. there's plenty of examples of good and bad.. 

part of me thinks, as someone said here, that this thing w/NK is all about finding a cheaper source of labor to make iphones or whatever now that china is building a middle class and at some point will not want to be treated like shit for little money... but hey.. a bunch of dedicated brainwashed scared shitless of the dictator masses who see working hard in a factory for nothing as a way forward for their country might be just the ticket for some capitalists looking to expand and exploit.. 

but as said before.. i'm guessing south korea would have much to say about this and will have its say yet regardless. 

Edited by ignatius