IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

^ Yeah can someone catch me up on Jordan Peterson? Is he actually a right-wing nut now or an incedental saint to the alt-right? How self-aware is he that he's being help up as a proponent of far right-wing ideology?

Some backstory: I have a co-worker who was into his academic stuff via Joe Rogan years ago and he saw him speak a month or two ago. He said the actual lecture by Peterson was devoid of any political stances but before he came on some local right wing radio asshat spoke about how important the culture wars are right now for 30+ minutes. My coworker is def not right-wing guy, in fact pretty much left of the aisle, and he said it was quite bizarre seeing these alt-right asshats cheering stuff completely unrelated to Peterson.

Anyway I'm really out of the loop - what's the context of Stereolab (and apparently the Mumford & Sons?) being fans of the guy? What all have I missed? Shit's jarring but at the same time is a big deal? I have no idea. Hell I'm barely keeping up with the Grimes x Elon Musk shitshow.

JP has expressed some climate skepticism too. He’s an actor that was created in a right wing think tank to give a credible veneer to conservative ideas that were always too dumb to accept at face value. Anyone who likes/supports him is worthy of scorn or at least a good old fashioned bitch slap.

let's do this u wimps

Jordan is vehemently against identity politics, be they played on the right or on the left.

He's against the club of rome "humanity is a cancer on the face of the planet" stance.

He's despised by the alt-right and the rad left.

Anyone jumping on the hate bandwagon against him is worthy of scorn or atleast a old fashioned double take on their bloody media outlets.

Edited by MIXL2

JP has expressed some climate skepticism too. He’s an actor that was created in a right wing think tank to give a credible veneer to conservative ideas that were always too dumb to accept at face value. Anyone who likes/supports him is worthy of scorn or at least a good old fashioned bitch slap.

Unaware of that. Yeah I feel like post-Trump has been a litmus test for a lot of previously "mostly harmless" folks mildly into contrarian sociopolitical leanings who are now going full-on fringe or distancing themselves back to the center. The former are obviously a lot louder.

I'm still readily on sidelines regarding my opinion of the guy TBH but my skepticism of him as someone worthy of high praise is still there. I am totally ok with picking apart figures like this for valid ideas and discarding the rest instead of being immediately dismissive or praising of them. Assuming I have interest in the subject or person to begin with.

Edited by joshuatx

Unaware of that. Yeah I feel like post-Trump has been a litmus test for a lot of previously "mostly harmless" folks mildly into contrarian sociopolitical leanings who are now going full-on fringe or distancing themselves back to the center. The former are obviously a lot louder.

I'm still readily on sidelines regarding my opinion of the guy TBH but my skepticism of him as someone worthy of high praise is still there. I am totally ok with picking apart figures like this for valid ideas and discarding the rest instead of being immediately dismissive or praising of them. Assuming I have interest in the subject or person to begin with.

that's the stuff

the most compelling of his stuff is non political; the jbp thread kept devolving into the politics of things which was rlly unfortunate

he has saved people from suicide and brought people back from the fringes of the alt-right if anyone cares

id rather this thread didnt derail into jp bs tho, that don't end well on this corner of the internet 

I was on the fence about him when I first heard about him through WATMM, but after watching some debates and realizing how much he knowingly lies or misrepresents writings of other people as well as entire concepts, I concluded he’s a fucking charlatan.

If you look at my first post in the Beterson thread I think you’ll find that first impressions are usually correct. I fucking nailed it. Watch his debate with Matt Dillahunty to see his full retardation in action.

I was on the fence about him when I first heard about him through WATMM, but after watching some debates and realizing how much he knowingly lies or misrepresents writings of other people as well as entire concepts, I concluded he’s a fucking charlatan.

If you look at my first post in the Beterson thread I think you’ll find that first impressions are usually correct. I fucking nailed it. Watch his debate with Matt Dillahunty to see his full retardation in action.

Atleast you retract your claim of he being an alt-right gateway drug (which he's not)

Let people make their own minds about he being a retard and a charlatan shall we.

edit: the amount of hate u guys show rlly is telling tho, how angry can u get at some menopausal 50 yo psychologist telling u to clean ur room? unbelievable

Edited by MIXL2

I still don't get why people on WATMM find Peterson so interesting. His success is based on people either agreeing with him or being outraged by his world view. So he is discussed and gets media attention which makes him sell some more of his silly books and ideas.

Edited by darreichungsform

I still don't get why people on WATMM find Peterson so interesting. His success is based on people either agreeing with him or being outraged by his world view. So he is discussed and gets media attention which makes him sell some more of his silly books and ideas.

mark my words if the peterson thing had happend 4/5 years ago we would have a jordan peterson subforum by now

(if only limpyloo still visited these barren lands :( )

edit:

Is it not just MIXL2 vs everyone else?

I never lose. Edited by MIXL2

sad to hear that the NRA is in deep financial crisis and may be soon out of business. hopefully one the the republican donors who they contributed to will bail them out or maybe the big T will just cut them a check. either way, would hate to see sweet dana loesch out of a job

either way, printing out my 3d prayers as i type this

Atleast you retract your claim of he being an alt-right gateway drug (which he's not)

Let people make their own minds about he being a retard and a charlatan shall we.

edit: the amount of hate u guys show rlly is telling tho, how angry can u get at some menopausal 50 yo psychologist telling u to clean ur room? unbelievable

mark my words if the peterson thing had happend 4/5 years ago we would have a jordan peterson subforum by now

edit:

I never lose.

jfc

edit:

I never lose.
jfc
:catbed: