IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

It's not a matter of people outside the US being (personally) "invested" in US politics, it's a matter of the fact that the US is the most powerful country on Earth and they influence every other country more than the typical country does, the US military can either fuck you up or save you depending on who's in charge of it and what actions are taken by the US.  The political tone set by the POTUS influences the behavior of other leaders with regards to what types of bad actions they are willing to take, there's no doubt Donald has emboldened people like Duterte and other shitheads, and this is bad and affects every country on Earth.  I don't think this is some US-centric bias and that people outside the US can just safely ignore US politics and move on with their lives as Auxien is suggesting

I appreciate folks from outside the US weighing in, showing that they totally understand. I did get a bit mad when delet was parroting alt-right talking points on here, though. Like, dude, you’re not even from the US and you’re falling for that shit? What’s your excuse?

I appreciate folks from outside the US weighing in, showing that they totally understand. I did get a bit mad when delet was parroting alt-right talking points on here, though. Like, dude, you’re not even from the US and you’re falling for that shit? What’s your excuse?

It's pretty common not only for foreigners to fall for US based right wing propaganda, but also for them to fall for the variety of right wing propaganda in their home country.  Take brexit for instance.  I'd group it in entirely with US-centric alt right propaganda since it's funded by groups with the same interests.

Even in the UK for example there are a lot of racists who fall for the "we have to stop these immigrants" talking points

Edited by Zeffolia

It's not a matter of people outside the US being (personally) "invested" in US politics, it's a matter of the fact that the US is the most powerful country on Earth and they influence every other country more than the typical country does, the US military can either fuck you up or save you depending on who's in charge of it and what actions are taken by the US.  The political tone set by the POTUS influences the behavior of other leaders with regards to what types of bad actions they are willing to take, there's no doubt Donald has emboldened people like Duterte and other shitheads, and this is bad and affects every country on Earth.  I don't think this is some US-centric bias and that people outside the US can just safely ignore US politics and move on with their lives as Auxien is suggesting

I never said or suggested anyone should ignore US politics. If you're hearing/seeing/speaking Trump's name more than your own leaders' then maybe you should rethink what media you're consuming is all I'm suggesting.

Duterte was in politics for decades and was already a horrid piece of shit long before Trump took office.

He's a fuck. Trump's a fuck. Putin's a fuck. There's dozens of others. America is the most important, though, yes. Feed our already outsized egos everyone.  :nyan:  :nyan:  :nyan:  :nyan:  :nyan:  :nyan:   :nyan:  :nyan:  :nyan:

lol

delet

America is the most important, though, yes. Feed our already outsized egos everyone.   :nyan:   :nyan:   :nyan:   :nyan:   :nyan:   :nyan:    :nyan:   :nyan:   :nyan:

It's not a matter of ego

gdp-nominal-ranking.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2F

Edited by Zeffolia

>not_X

>not_X

>X, but sarcastically

>Well obviously X, I don't want to be rude but you should have known I was joking about not_X

haha ok buddy

please explain this to me like I'm 5. seriously, i don't understand. 

11 people were randomly murdered in a synagogue this week.

Small point....not randomly: purposefully targeted and assassinated for their religion.

right.

trump's reaction: "It's a terrible, terrible thing what's going on with hate in our country". anyone else feel like they're being trolled?

trump chanted "lock him up" along with a crowd, about George Soros, 2 days ago. this was shortly after Soros, a jew, was sent a pipe bomb by a trump supporter.

on friday, a reporter asked trump if he would tone down his rhetoric, following the bombs being sent to his opponents. he said “I could really tone it up”

trump's reactions to the synagogue shooting and the pipe bombs give me the same vile feeling as when he came out assisting the cover-up of WaPo reporter Kashoggi's murder. it's clear as day that this is a morally bereft despot and it's wildly dangerous that he's ended up in the presidency.

The synagogue shooter explicitly stated that he believed Soros and other jews were holding Trump back and more specifically behind the migrant caravan heading toward the border.

Yesterday FOX news was literally going to run a Lou Dobbs rerun with a frequent guest who literally claimed the same thing. https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/fox-business-pulls-lou-dobbs-episode-1203006635/

The MAGA flirtation with right-wing extremism is rearing its ugly head. It will likely get worst, as the disturbingly reality is Trump and his base have been recklessly claiming leftist terrorism is the "real threat."

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

trump's bullshit lie claims are legitimizing the beliefs of these right wing terrorists, and his lies are about things that they interpret as being so serious that it justifies killings in their mind.  trump is just as guilty as the killers since they wouldn't have even done this if there were no trump

the main reason I bring up me finding non-USA folks being over-invested in the politics of the USA is that I question whether they devote a similar amount of attention to the political processes in their own country.

Well, if we wrest majority control of Congress from the GOP next week, then his power should be much more restricted than it is now. But that's the best case scenario.

He'll rail for the next 2 years that "the election was rigged", "Dems are funding the dirty migrants headed for your home", or even worse we can't even ponder yet.