IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

can anonymous shut twitter down please. 

why? i like to know where people really stand. also, it's people usually exposing their true feelings on twitter. think of it like a piece of rope that each person can either choose to hang themselves with- or sling around to catch people and see who will hang first

^

nah, this will all blow over in a week or so when the next distraction/shitstorm hits. Donnie will slither back as he always does and will probably be polling higher once the caravan approaches US soil and he ramps up the rhetoric...he's sending over 5,000 troops to the border to fend of the invasion and shouting that the military will be ready to take them on. We all know donnie can't wait to give the order to open fire...

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/29/caravan-mexico-border-troops-899006

^ that's a little misleading. it hasn't dipped below 80% for people who identify as strongly Republican and in 2018, that's true. however, Gallup numbers show a bit more fluctuation over a broader period and across the broader base, though the lowest point is still pretty high (77% in Dec last year).

so, your point that his approval is generally higher than it should be amongst Republicans (in spite of shitting all over the office and what good the Republican party used to stand for) stands.

Trump's polls are not down 4 points in one week. One poll, maybe, from a shitty pollster or something? Dunno where you're getting that but just check here:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

Spoiler: they've been on the uptick for weeks/months.

Edited by auxien

I shouldn't have to explain why Americans have more experience being American than non-Americans. I never said anyone from anywhere shouldn't say whatever they want, I only said I find it weird. I assure you there are hundreds or thousands of non-Americans people spread throughout the globe who are far more qualified than me and 99% of Americans to speak about American domestic and foreign policy: none of them are on WATMM.

Basically, if you're so fucking invested in American politics that don't directly effect you, then maybe that's a problem for you. (general you here, not you specifically, necessarily) Like I also said originally, media and internet life is so focused on this shit that it's ballooning beyond its actual influence

How you know none of them are on WATMM? ;) It's pretty clear that messiaen is actually Theresa May in a clever undercover internet persona.

I mean, as a Canadian, a lot of the shit Trump says directly affects me.

The reason media and internet (are those things separate entities?) love Trump is cause that clown show going on down there is fucking fascinating.

It's not a matter of ego

gdp-nominal-ranking.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2F

I don't know why you use nominal GDP, but in GDP (Purchasing Power Parity), which takes into account the cost of living, China has already surpassed the US, as has the EU.

For defense spending, you're gonna need to increase that gap. Much like a middle-aged man who can't afford a Porsche but wants to compensate for a tiny pecker, Trump is increasing US military spending by 4.7%, and it's only going to get worse.

https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-military-budget-components-challenges-growth-3306320

Good luck paying for it with tax cuts and tariffs.

I have a Finnish friend who is absolutely obsessed with following Trump news and gets very upset about them but he knows nothing about what's happening locally. There are people like that.

Personally I follow Finnish politics more than US politics. It's a shitshow also but no where near on the same scale. Also I follow what's going on in the UK re Brexit and generally Russian and Chinese politics to some degree along with what ever happens to be on the news, like Brazil now.

I've been to America so I can talk shite about it as much as I like :cisfor:

I've been to 65 countries but not to US yet, lol. I was pretty close to go to Puerto Rico though.

The thing is that I always thought I'd end up there on a work trip eventually so why waste my own money and time traveling there? But that hasn't materialized yet for whatever reason. Also I won't be able to use the visa waiver program anymore because of the countries I've been to..

you seem to have covered every corner of Africa, by the sounds of it. I'm being facetious anyway, you don't have to have visited the States to have an opinion on its behaviour, especially in the international arena. although I do agree with the notion that it's not quite possible to get a fuller, intuitive understanding of any place until you've actually set foot there and experienced it physically for a time. you just have to know the limits of your knowledge, really.

What amazed me when I went other places is that people thought I was interesting as someone from America. Like I’m some kind of exotic “other” from some fabled place. Lol I’m normie as fuck I’m from Massachusetts we have lobster rolls n clam chowder n Dunkin Donuts n shit

Some Swedish people: whoa, I’m interested in American culture.

Me: you know like five languages. Adopt me please

What amazed me when I went other places is that people thought I was interesting as someone from America. Like I’m some kind of exotic “other” from some fabled place. Lol I’m normie as fuck I’m from Massachusetts we have lobster rolls n clam chowder n Dunkin Donuts n shit

Some Swedish people: whoa, I’m interested in American culture.

Me: you know like five languages. Adopt me please

I have similar experiences when I meet people from German speaking countries: Germany, Switzerland, Austria. Or when I meet people from Japan.. They think I'm from some fabled Scandinavian/Nordic fantasy land where education and health care are absolutely perfect and people live in harmony.

Sometimes it gets weird. I was in a train in Mongolia and there was a group of Japanese women, mostly middle aged. I was in the same cabin with their Mongolian guide and when they found out I was from Finland they were very impressed "oo.. Finrandooo!" and kept coming back to me to give all sorts of food and treats. I was just lying on the bench and thinking what the hell is going on.

In most parts of the world people have no idea where the fuck Finland even is. "It's in Europe?" "Is Finland good in soccer?" Well, no..

Hockey.

Try to explain someone from the Caribbean islands or Africa what ice hockey is.. "How about cricket?" "Erm.."

I mean, as a Canadian, a lot of the shit Trump says directly affects me.

The reason media and internet (are those things separate entities?) love Trump is cause that clown show going on down there is fucking fascinating.

[snip]

Good luck paying for it with tax cuts and tariffs.

I'm an American and almost none of the shit Trump says directly affects me. Some of Trump's policies may eventually indirectly affect you, perhaps already even....but I'd be curious to hear what he's ever said that's directly affected you.

Paying for it? As if! http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

edit: grammar fixed for my own stupidity/sleepiness

Edited by auxien