IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

though to be truthful I've never been sold on bernie

And giving credit where it's due, Cory Booker is a hell of a guy

At times booker is good but he’s come down on the wrong side of things before and often grandstands a bit heavily. I think he’s pretty good still. He’s quite in the center on a lot of things which is t necessarily bad.

None of these people are perfect or right 100% of the time and anyone thinking any of these people are going to be big game changers are probably mistaken.

That being said, it will easy to improve on trump and hopefully swing the pendulum back the other way a bit.

I don’t really have to be sold on any of them. The primaries will be split in different places. Whoever comes out on top is going to get the “anyone but trump” votes hopefully. If it’s not Bernie then I hope all his supporters can get their heads out of their asses and help vote trump out of office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if the Republicans cum up with a new candidate other than Trump? Is there any chance?

there's a couple people so far rumored to challenge the president for the nomination.  it's rare that a sitting president gets challenged by his own party but i wouldn't be surprised if he has a primary challenger. 

I thought Paul Ryan retired so he could run as the resistance to Trump.

nope

What if the Republicans cum up with a new candidate other than Trump? Is there any chance?

there's a couple people so far rumored to challenge the president for the nomination.  it's rare that a sitting president gets challenged by his own party but i wouldn't be surprised if he has a primary challenger. 

almost guaranteed to happen. dunno if it'll be a legit threat to Trump, however.

I thought Paul Ryan retired so he could run as the resistance to Trump.

nope

almost guaranteed to happen. dunno if it'll be a legit threat to Trump, however.

if it makes his campaign spend some of the cash on hand and the challenger spends time dirtying up trump or forcing him to respond and say dumb shit then it might be ok... 

but also if there's no challenger then all the dems will get way more news coverage w/o trump dominating headlines. 

If it’s not Bernie then I hope all his supporters can get their heads out of their asses and help vote trump out of office.

This, for fuck's sake. I realize Hillz got the popular vote in 2016 but that's not enough, is it? Solidarity or 4 more years is what we're looking at. Put on your big girl panties, plug your nose, and get it done. Don't let Trump get re-elected just because you're too much of a little bitch to compromise.

If it’s not Bernie then I hope all his supporters can get their heads out of their asses and help vote trump out of office.

This, for fuck's sake. I realize Hillz got the popular vote in 2016 but that's not enough, is it? Solidarity or 4 more years is what we're looking at. Put on your big girl panties, plug your nose, and get it done. Don't let Trump get re-elected just because you're too much of a little bitch to compromise.

In early 2016, I was like “eeeehhhh... fuck Hilary.” November rolls around and I’m running to the booth like I’m about to deliver my first born child.

there's a misconception i've noticed. people express frustration that candidates are flawed. democracy is not supposed to produce perfect people, it's just better than the alternative. we need to rotate in new flesh. 

Edited by very honest

In early 2016, I was like “eeeehhhh... fuck Hilary.” November rolls around and I’m running to the booth like I’m about to deliver my first born child.

Yep! With gusto! It's the right thing to do.

And, yeah, this is democracy, it ain't perfect, and we got a fucking dud. Time to pop that one out, stat.

this hypothetical republican challenger would have to run as an independent candidate, no?  i cant see any scenario where the republican party would back anyone who could reduce their chance of retaining power.

on the fipside, i hope that any democrat leaning towards running independent will have the sense enough to stay out of the way of splitting the vote.  despite the feeling of a crowded dem field, policy wise theyre pretty similar, and there are lots of good options.  and the centrist bloomberg types overlap enough that theyre not about to split into a new party imo.

Edited by Marked x 0ne

this hypothetical republican challenger would have to run as an independent candidate, no?  i cant see any scenario where the republican party would back anyone who could reduce their chance of retaining power.

on the fipside, i hope that any democrat leaning towards running independent will have the sense enough to stay out of the way of splitting the vote.  despite the feeling of a crowded dem field, policy wise theyre pretty similar, and there are lots of good options.  and the centrist bloomberg types overlap enough that theyre not about to split into a new party imo.

in the primary a challenger could run as republican and challenge the president for the nomination if/when the challenger loses he/she could run as independent but it's really unlikely. 

if anyone runs as an independent and splits a vote it'll really depend on who the candidate is as to which candidate that effects  most

Nice power play by comrade Putin:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-putin/putin-to-u-s-im-ready-for-another-cuban-missile-crisis-if-you-want-one-idUSKCN1QA1A3

Putin fleshed out his warning in detail for the first time, saying Russia could deploy hypersonic missiles on ships and submarines which could lurk outside U.S. territorial waters if Washington now moved to deploy intermediate-range nuclear weapons in Europe.

“(We’re talking about) naval delivery vehicles: submarines or surface ships. And we can put them, given the speed and range (of our missiles)... in neutral waters. Plus they are not stationary, they move and they will have to find them,” Putin said, according to a Kremlin transcript.

“You work it out. Mach nine (the speed of the missiles) and over 1,000 km (their range).”

I wonder how agent donnie will respond? This story made Fox news, so we know he saw it. Will agent orange now back down from deploying nukes in Europe, caving to his boss's demands, or will he try and go the tough guy route?

donnie tweets: "we won't be pushed around by anyone, including russia"

vlad: pee tape

donnie tweets: "we have decided not to move forward with deploying nukes in europe"

the weakening and reversal of the general nuclear non-proliferation policy that has been the norm until now is really disastrous, possibly the worst thing that's happened under the orange imo.

the weakening and reversal of the general nuclear non-proliferation policy that has been the norm until now is really disastrous, possibly the worst thing that's happened under the orange imo.

It’s fucked. One of the things that insiders were/are reportedly worried about is drumpf stumbling into a war with Russia which is weird if little Donnie is a Russian stooge but not impossible to happen.

I worry Donnie will try to save face in some way and do something really dumb with all sorts of unintended consequences.

Domestically and internationally this administration has already created numerous messses that will take a long time to sort out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess what concerns me is that in 2016, he was basically controlled opposition whether he realized it or not. If he loses in the primary, we're going to have a lot of emotional college students writing his name on the ballot again. There will be tons of people who will think a slightly less progressive candidate is automatically a corporate shill. As long as a sane Dem gets in and we remain informed and politically active, we'll be fine. 

Here's a solution to that problem:

^^ I will say about that is that Republicans are a more cohesive party. In that after the primary they all band together and vote for the person who won the primary regardless of whether they personally like him or not. There's this 'attitude' of "A republican needs to be in office" because Republicans think themselves apart of the party or apart of a whole. Being a Republican is simply part of the culture here  down in the south. It seems pretty much everyone is a Republican. 

Whereas the democratic party is more splintered. I think last time around many Bernie supporters didn't really 'feel apart' of any party and that they were just hitching a ride on the democratic label. So they didn't feel the need to go out and vote for Hillary when the time came. Well that and the whole fiasco with closing polls earlier in areas where people were more likely to vote for Bernie...and Hillary trying to appeal to her right constantly. So it rubbed them the wrong way, but at the same time yes it was foolish to let the republican win. But "not being a republican" isn't enough for more ideal younger people who were used to Obama being president and feeling "safe". If that makes sense.

However I imagine though that this time around that... anyone left of center will vote for the democrat because of a general dislike of Trump instead of necessarily liking the democratic nominee. So I'd say Trump is probably screwed... probably.